THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Walsall Expectations
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:13 pm 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... APL Champion 2017/18 Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 19/20
WellDon wrote:
Galverion wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Galverion wrote:
Well, every manager is asked the question at the start of a new season, from the Prem downwards. They can of course give the usual spin - but as I say, I would actually have more respect for a manager if they had a realistic expectation. If someone like Billic said "oh yes, I am sure with this squad we will challenge City and United to win the thing" then surely he would lose 99% of West Ham fans' regard for him at a stroke ?

And I just think RN was a tad naïve in saying we will push for the title. Would we not have all been happy, and excited, had he said "yes, we will make a definite push for promotion this season", albeit via the play-offs ? So set a decent target...but no need to raise the bar so high. If he genuinely felt at the start that we ARE the best or second best team in the L1, then fair enough. But we all knew that we are not....

I agree with you.

So with all this in mind aren't we a little bit entitled to be aggrieved, after all we never set the bar ?

100%. Did we not all say at the start of the season we were thinking we would end up mid-table ? And some of the more optimistic among us suggested a top 6. But no-one on TCR or this new forum ever seriously think we would win L1 did we ?

I guess it depends on one thing.....................is Neilson a member of this forum :lol:

Evidently so... ;)
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=50

21/22 26 11 _9 89 LM 3rd

05/06 12 14 20 50 DW 22nd R
22/23 11 12 23 45 lm/MJ 21st R
17/18 11 12 23 45 rn/DM 23rd R
15/16 _9 12 25 39 KR 23rd R

LS: A rocky start, that's all it is.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:41 pm 

Dudes the only certainty tonight (and indeed in life) is uncertainty. :ugeek: :ugeek:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:15 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
Dudes the only certainty tonight (and indeed in life) is uncertainty. :ugeek: :ugeek:

Are you sure about that Ali ? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:05 pm 

dons50 wrote:
I think you take what managers say a bit too seriously.

This. One is advised not to take every word spoken in football as a gospel promise.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:30 pm 

I will be amazed and diappointed if we dont c a better performance tonight. If it is correct there was a heart to heart after pompey then those players at the wrong end of that should put a real shift in and those making their views known will have to back it up on the pitch.
If however it goes pear shaped i will begin to wo der if RN has the dressing room.

Good to know well find out soon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:47 pm 

APMKDon wrote:
I will be amazed and diappointed if we dont c a better performance tonight. If it is correct there was a heart to heart after pompey then those players at the wrong end of that should put a real shift in and those making their views known will have to back it up on the pitch.
If however it goes pear shaped i will begin to wo der if RN has the dressing room.

Isn't that where Sauron lived? :?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:49 pm 

Called it. We don't have it in us to hold on to leads/score a few more than 1.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:32 pm 

APMKDon wrote:

I guess like me you are amazed and disappointed then. Another dire performance. I'm not one for calling for a managers head after a fortnight but I really don't know how much more of this shite I can stomach! Has to be the lowest attendance for some time and I don't mean the figure read out over the tannoy but the actual number of people there. Pretty much sums it up really.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:47 pm 
Well this was a failure and nothing else.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:59 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Well this was a failure and nothing else.

Due once again to EEL making an error, he’s an accident waiting to happen in every bloody game, good in the air but on the floor a complete liability

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next