THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:37 pm 
Seriously have no idea why we hang on to Rasulo - the guy is approaching 21, has barely played a couple of dozen games as a pro in nearly 5 seasons. What is the point? What more can he do? He scored in pre-season this year and last, and has played well in the U23 games.

I'm not his biggest fan, but if we're keeping him around then he should be getting first team games by now.

Same with Muirhead - he's fairly experienced now - and last season looked to be getting better. He scored a belter in the last game of the season against Walsall. I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking following that game he would be a regular this season, but he's just fallen off the radar. He was one of Neilson's first signings having worked with him previously.

As for Furlong and Jackson - two pro's we've had since the end of the Championship season - is there any reason we are hanging on to them? Neither look anywhere near the first team - do you really think either will become first team regulars in 1/2/3 season's time? I don't.

Wish the club would stop stringing these players along - lets face it neither are going to 'make it' with us and I wish we'd just be honest and offload them for the sake of their careers.

Too early to say the same about Nombe and Logan, but it wouldnt surprise me if both are doing exactly what Jackson and Furlong are doing in a year or twos time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:28 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
A few seem to be supportive of Neilson, claiming its the players letting the club down and not Neilson's tactics or style of play.

If it's the players, then why can't we give others a chance? Muirhead, Rasulo, McGrandles, Logan, Nombe, BTA, Furlong, Jackson etc are ALL on pro-contracts, yet barely get a sniff other than the U23s or Checkatrade.

Even the U18s - Asonganyi, Bird etc have all been in decent form for them, and I'm sure Bird scored in pre-season for the first team.

Seriously - when any of them have played we've done well - the Checkatrade or scoring bags of goals in the U23s. Didn't Muirhead get a hat-trick a couple of weeks ago for them? I'm sure Rasulo scored a couple too.

Let's face it - most of our attacking players just aren't performing - either due to Neilson's tactics or their own performances - why not give them more of a chance?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:09 am 
Yeah I've no idea why I made two posts either :?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:06 am 

Don't forget we are running a 'reserve' side this year.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:23 am 

donmentor wrote:

And something Robbie insisted on.
Also the few games Muirhead played this season resulted in dogs abuse from 'fans' on social media.
Some folk have goldfish memories.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:29 am 

Hasn't Jackson been captain of the reserves?

Centrebacks always take longer to develop. I wouldn't expect him to be making any approaches to the first team before 22, and it's only his 19th birthday today.

However I completely agree with you RE Rasulo. He needs to leave in order to attempt to forge a non-League career.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:56 am 

Is Furlong out on loan? Why is his profile picture of him in his old kit?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:51 am 

Give them a chance play them on Tuesday. Might surprise a lot of us :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:08 pm 

Muirhead isn't good enough.

Rasulo probably isn't good enough. Hasn't done much to say he is good enough but to be fair to the lad hasn't ever done anything wrong he just doesn't look like a player worthy of breaking into our first team ever. I think he'd sign for a club in the conference and do really well. If he went to a Dagenham, Hartlepool or Tranmere, a side trying to get back into the FL he would be a good prospect for them and look like a promising player making a big impact. I truly believe that.

Furlong and Juice are only young and will get their chances in the next year or two with injuries and suspensions. Oran is a real prospect for me. Been very impressed whenever I've seen him at youth level and first team. I can't say I remember too much of Furlong.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:00 pm 

leodon wrote:
donmentor wrote:

And something Robbie insisted on.
Also the few games Muirhead played this season resulted in dogs abuse from 'fans' on social media.
Some folk have goldfish memories.

I certainly haven't forgotten the lack of Koi Carp pools (and coloured light fountains) outside Gate 6.
F- disgrace.
Joke of a club.
I have it on good authority they are a certainty at the new afc stadium.
I'm seriously thinking of switching allegiance. :ugeek: