THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Change of gates
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:11 pm 

Well I'm afraid it's going to have to be one less. I could not possible walk from the Gate 4 drop off down to Gate 5 then all the way back inside to Aisle 3.

Post subject: Re: Season ticket sales
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:49 pm 

donmentor wrote:
Well I'm afraid it's going to have to be one less. I could not possible walk from the Gate 4 drop off down to Gate 5 then all the way back inside to Aisle 3.

As stated in another thread, they seem to be pointing many of us at different gates this year. However, I doubt they'll stop you going through your normal entrance, especially if mobility is an issue. If in any doubt, it's worth contacting the club to confirm.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:52 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
donmentor wrote:

As stated in another thread, they seem to be pointing many of us at different gates this year. However, I doubt they'll stop you going through your normal entrance, especially if mobility is an issue. If in any doubt, it's worth contacting the club to confirm.

Indeed. I'm sure they would be happy to work something out for you DM.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:34 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
donmentor wrote:

They want me to go in via gate 7 :o :o :o :o :o :o
This is a disgrace. Just as - I have it on good authority - the koi carp pools and coloured light fountains are going to be approved.
I'm not starting another campaign for them to go in next to Gate F- 7. :(

Post subject: Closing of gate 5
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:01 pm 

Apparently Gate 5 is closed this season. Meaning my dad who is struggles to walk for long, and forced to park in the E2 Parking lot closest to McDonald’s/Away end (we’ve tried to move back to where we used to park for 5 years, closer to the KFC side) has to walk all the way to the corner, then walk all the way back to his seat at the far end of the east stand. And do the same coming out.

Who’s fucking smart idea was this?? Not just my dad obviously there are other disabled people but no consideration for those who struggle to walk?

Apparently.

UTF

Post subject: Re: Closing of gate 5
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:07 pm 

Alby wrote:
Apparently Gate 5 is closed this season. Meaning my dad who is struggles to walk for long, and forced to park in the E2 Parking lot closest to McDonald’s/Away end (we’ve tried to move back to where we used to park for 5 years, closer to the KFC side) has to walk all the way to the corner, then walk all the way back to his seat at the far end of the east stand. And do the same coming out.

Who’s fucking smart idea was this?? Not just my dad obviously there are other disabled people but no consideration for those who struggle to walk?

There seems to be a lot of confusion over gates, I usually go in gate 4, but this new season ticket I have is for gate 5, so maybe it’s 4 that’s closed?

Post subject: Re: Change of gates
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:35 pm 

I dare say it's all because they don't want us football yobs trampling all over their nice hotel foyer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:43 pm 

I have been in three different gates with my season ticket the turnstiles just let you in so don't worry about it.

Alby I have an E3 parking ticket is that better for you as I got moved from E2 when I cancelled my daughters season ticket two years ago (and yes somehow the club had attached the car parking to a junior ticket!)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:23 pm 

Yes - fingers crossed a fuss over nothing

We have been in the FC since day one, yet always used gate 5 as we have usually had car park passes on that side of the stadium. This has only been a problem with cup games when paper tickets are issued, when the stewards have refused to let us approach the turnstiles (the tech won't let you in/I dunno why but no anyway/more than my jobs worth etc.)

I have never experienced real queues at the gates before so can't really see the logic, unless it's as simple as "helpfully" allocating the gate nearest to one's seat. I would really hope that the club isn't so insensitive that it enforces this, one of those daft things that probably seems a trifle to them but a major pain in the bum to (some) fans. I don't expect miracles on the pitch, but seamless match day experience should be possible (see previous notes on the Cowshed bar and half time catering)

:evil:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:45 am 

donmentor wrote:
I dare say it's all because they don't want us football yobs trampling all over their nice hotel foyer.

Sadly I think this is accurate.

Apparently.

UTF