THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sow and aneke
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:20 am 

I will be amazed if we get 30 games between the two of them this season . Please get stockley in and a winger that can get to the byline.

Post subject: Re: Sow and aneke
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:26 am 

Hugo wrote:
I will be amazed if we get 30 games between the two of them this season . Please get stockley in and a winger that can get to the byline.

This is the new comedy show on BBC 3. One is a talented footballer who is wasted at this level and the other is Osman Sow. This shit writes itself!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:04 pm 

The pair of them would be unplayable in div.2 if fit and up for it. It's just a big if.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:37 pm 

Council Kev wrote:
The pair of them would be unplayable in div.2 if fit and up for it. It's just a big if.

This

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:10 am 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Council Kev wrote:

True.
I've no worry about them being up for it, well maybe Aneke if he's fancying a move to his rightful level; however their fitness is obviously the real issue. Ability wise, I've no doubt they'd both be very good in league two, and good players for league one. If only the buggers could stay fit enough to show it.

I do wonder how much longer they ca carry on, if they can't keep themselves fit. Either our physio team are rubbish or they have underlying problems that can only be fixed by leaving the game. I am sure someone has the stats (SG19?) on what is the longest run they have had without an injury and my guess would be less than 10 games.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:01 am 

OTD said recently that Sow had been carrying an undiagnosed injury for a couple of years that he’s had an operation to fix.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:20 pm 

AMKD wrote:
OTD said recently that Sow had been carrying an undiagnosed injury for a couple of years that he’s had an operation to fix.

How could they fix it if it wasn't diagnosed? :?
(Although what do I know about medical stuff?)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:11 pm 
Bill wrote:
I do wonder how much longer they ca carry on, if they can't keep themselves fit. Either our physio team are rubbish or they have underlying problems that can only be fixed by leaving the game. I am sure someone has the stats (SG19?) on what is the longest run they have had without an injury and my guess would be less than 10 games.

Sow's longest run in the team before being injured is 10 games (August - October) then he was out injured for nearly two months and was fit against for another 10 games before getting injured again.

Chuks wasn't that bad this season his longest run was 35 games, was fit from end of September until the end of the season, missed the first 6 weeks of the season. Seems as though he picked up his injury pretty much the last week of the season.

When Chuks and Sow have started games together, we've won 3, drawn 2 and lost 2.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:30 pm 

How long are they likely to be out for?
Along with Gilbey?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:37 pm 

Of course, if they could stay fit, given their ability, they wouldn't be hanging around in League Two for long. We have had a fair number of injury prone players on the books but that's not surprising. A good player won't want to settle for a club in one of the lower two divisions if he can help it so we have tended to pick up ones with problems, not the ones with good fitness records.