THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Robbie Simpson signs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:06 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Galverion wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
The great work sterling is doing... :lol:
Couldn’t cross a road let alone a ball, can’t pass, can’t score, can’t head, can’t shoot, poor decision making when to pass he doesn’t and when he has a chance on goal he passes or rather gives the ball away. But oh yes he can run, maybe the next messi. Ffs wake up and smell the coffee.

"Sweeping Statements R Us" :roll: :roll: :roll:

I am not a massive Sterling fan myself, but if your comments refer to him as an overall player, you are very misguided as I would put him as in the top 5 players in the Prem last season. If however your comments refer to his World Cup campaign, then I agree he has not fully brought over his Prem form in...but nevertheless, he is still doing loads of great stuff eg his performance against Sweden was very good. Southgate likes him and keeps faith in him, and would not surprise me if he is one of the first down on his team sheet.

Yes it is England I’m referring too as I hate shitty with a passion so couldn’t give two shits what he does or doesn’t do with them.

Why’s that?

Because they are city, you won’t understand D50 so just accept it as different from your view, by far the easiest way out. You can add Celtic and afc to that list also.

Add Liverpuddle and you have my four bête noires as well. :)

As regards Sterling, I personally think both praise and criticism of his world cup performances are becoming greatly exaggerated.
He's certainly offering good pace, mobility and work-rate. Just like Lingard has. And just like Rashford would have if he'd been given the same opportunities.
But, for me, more is expected than that of a man who scored 23 goals for Man City last season. He should also be delivering end product. I know some say he's playing for the team and fulfilling a role, but I'm fairly certain in this line up Kane, Alli and Sterling were the three most looked to for goals in open play, and that 0 goals and 1 assist in 4 games is a little disappointing, for all the work rate and threat he's providing.
It's not like he's not getting the chances, he's just been wasteful with his end product so far in the tournament; and 2 goals in 42 games for England suggests it's a continual issue at international level, for whatever reason.
I'm not criticising him as a player, I think he's a very good wide striker who links up well in attacks and is a threat with his pace and movement. And last season he performed the best he's ever done for a full season.
He's well worth a place in this 23, and probably merited being given the first chance ahead of Rashford.
The only thing I say about him is that I don't see what he's offered that Rashford wouldn't have. Rashford offers pace, mobility, and work-rate and is an unselfish player prepared to work hard defensively and make unselfish runs for the team.
Where Sterling should have had the edge over Rashford at this stage of their careers is end product. However Sterling's has been disappointing this tournament, and largely throughout his England career so far.
That's why I thought Rashford should have been tried in the Panama or Sweden games.
However now it's got this late into the tournament, I think Sterling should (and obviously will) start against Croatia.
And hopefully, as he is a very good player, this'll be the game he delivers end product to go with his work-rate and threat.

How the f@#k did I forget the scouse shite :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:10 pm 

Galverion wrote:
Even when England are doing well and in the semi-final of a World Cup, you will always get the odd fan who grumbles at something (looking at Kempstondon6)...

Praps I could not have an opinion just to keep you happy or better still post what you’d like us all to say and we’ll all agree to it to save you getting upset.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:11 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Galverion wrote:
Even when England are doing well and in the semi-final of a World Cup, you will always get the odd fan who grumbles at something (looking at Kempstondon6)...

Praps I could not have an opinion just to keep you happy or better still post what you’d like us all to say and we’ll all agree to it to save you getting upset.

I just cannot get over how badly you feel Sterling has done, that is all.

Why not put your money where your mouth is ? I wager you a £ 100 bet, that Sterling will assist or score tomorrow or in the Final should we make it. And you wager counter-wise. On for that ? I am 100% serious

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:51 am 

Galverion wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Galverion wrote:

I just cannot get over how badly you feel Sterling has done, that is all.

Why not put your money where your mouth is ? I wager you a £ 100 bet, that Sterling will assist or score tomorrow or in the Final should we make it. And you wager counter-wise. On for that ? I am 100% serious

Unfortunately I don’t do betting in any shape or form.u

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:50 am 

Can’t be arsed to read 4 pages of opinions on sterling TBH

But I thought Simpson at St Neots looked very good, sharp and held the ball up really well yes it’s only st Neots but his team work looked superb considering he had only been a dons player for 2 hours think he could do a good job for us

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:10 am 

Junglecad wrote:
Can’t be arsed to read 4 pages of opinions on sterling TBH

But I thought Simpson at St Neots looked very good, sharp and held the ball up really well yes it’s only st Neots but his team work looked superb considering he had only been a dons player for 2 hours think he could do a good job for us

He could be useful in the cups, and to bring on towards the end of matches to limit the chances of injuries to the first choice players.
(And if he can hold the ball, as an outlet when we are being pressured).
Given the standard of central defenders in this league, he could be useful. So I'll hold off on an opinion until I've seen a few performances from him.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:30 pm 

I notice the club haven't done a 'scouting report' video for Simpson yet, whereas they have for the last couple years for all signings. He's that shit they can't even put a few clips together.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:39 pm 

The whole signing was very low key.

As you would expect.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:27 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:

As you would expect.

Perhaps it was Timpson not Simpson... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:49 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

As you would expect.

Perhaps it was Timpson not Simpson... :roll:

Timpson signed for the Cobblers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next