THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:09 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Robbie Simpson signs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:10 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Sausage wrote:
Alby wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Galverion wrote:
Those on here who are shaking their head and saying "what a poor signing"...does this not mean you are therefore questioning Tisdale's judgment ? He has known Simpson, and knows much more about him than any "pundit" on TCR and I know who I trust ! Do not forget, strikers can do a whole load more in a match than merely score goals (look at the great work Sterling is doing at the World Cup for example) and surely Tisdale knows all about what Simpson can offer and bring to the club.

Criticise Dons players if you want to...but at least give them a chance first.
The great work sterling is doing... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He is. That’s why Southgate picks him.
Sterling almost single handedly unlocked what is usually a tight and good defensive unit in Sweden. He was tremendous on Saturday

This. We should watch the game instead of following it on twatter.

Sterling is a winger, not a striker. The fact that he scored 23 goals for Man City last season is impressive for a winger. It's the fact that his form in an England shirt isn't up to suff as much as his Man City form. It is just odd that he can do it for his club consistently and not his country consistently. I would say it is the players that play around him, but England are doing alright so I can't make sense of it. It's one thing being good for one game, he needs to do it more for his country.

He’s doing just fine.

Not saying he isn't. Just saying I cant understand the difference between his club form and his country. Same with players. Just cause they are pony for one club doesn't mean they will be for another. I will give them as much support they deserve until I have seen them enough times to slate them on the forum. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:30 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Galverion wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Galverion wrote:
Those on here who are shaking their head and saying "what a poor signing"...does this not mean you are therefore questioning Tisdale's judgment ? He has known Simpson, and knows much more about him than any "pundit" on TCR and I know who I trust ! Do not forget, strikers can do a whole load more in a match than merely score goals (look at the great work Sterling is doing at the World Cup for example) and surely Tisdale knows all about what Simpson can offer and bring to the club.

What ? the fact you laugh shows your ignorance on the work Sterling has put in so far.

Couldn’t cross a road let alone a ball, can’t pass, can’t score, can’t head, can’t shoot, poor decision making when to pass he doesn’t and when he has a chance on goal he passes or rather gives the ball away. But oh yes he can run, maybe the next messi. Ffs wake up and smell the coffee.

"Sweeping Statements R Us" :roll: :roll: :roll:

I am not a massive Sterling fan myself, but if your comments refer to him as an overall player, you are very misguided as I would put him as in the top 5 players in the Prem last season. If however your comments refer to his World Cup campaign, then I agree he has not fully brought over his Prem form in...but nevertheless, he is still doing loads of great stuff eg his performance against Sweden was very good. Southgate likes him and keeps faith in him, and would not surprise me if he is one of the first down on his team sheet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:53 pm 

Galverion wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Galverion wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Galverion wrote:

What ? the fact you laugh shows your ignorance on the work Sterling has put in so far.

Couldn’t cross a road let alone a ball, can’t pass, can’t score, can’t head, can’t shoot, poor decision making when to pass he doesn’t and when he has a chance on goal he passes or rather gives the ball away. But oh yes he can run, maybe the next messi. Ffs wake up and smell the coffee.

I am not a massive Sterling fan myself, but if your comments refer to him as an overall player, you are very misguided as I would put him as in the top 5 players in the Prem last season. If however your comments refer to his World Cup campaign, then I agree he has not fully brought over his Prem form in...but nevertheless, he is still doing loads of great stuff eg his performance against Sweden was very good. Southgate likes him and keeps faith in him, and would not surprise me if he is one of the first down on his team sheet.

Neither did Salah, or Sergio Aguero, or Pogba (for the most part). He is quicker than a liquid shit after a vindaloo. He has his place in the team 100%

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:18 pm 

Galverion wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Galverion wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Galverion wrote:

Yes it is England I’m referring too as I hate shitty with a passion so couldn’t give two shits what he does or doesn’t do with them.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:22 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Galverion wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Galverion wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Galverion wrote:

Yes it is England I’m referring too as I hate shitty with a passion so couldn’t give two shits what he does or doesn’t do with them.

Why’s that?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:31 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Galverion wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Galverion wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Galverion wrote:

Why’s that?

Because they are city, you won’t understand D50 so just accept it as different from your view, by far the easiest way out. You can add Celtic and afc to that list also.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:42 pm 

Fair enough.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:13 pm 

Experience in the form of Cameron & Gallen worked last time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:39 pm 

Even when England are doing well and in the semi-final of a World Cup, you will always get the odd fan who grumbles at something (looking at Kempstondon6)...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:06 pm 

Council Kev wrote:
Experience in the form of Cameron & Gallen worked last time.

True, their experience was important. But they were both good players. Cameron won 20+ caps and Gallen scored several goals in the higher divisions, including the prem. Harley and Simpson are a very different level.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next