THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Robbie Simpson signs
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:11 pm 

Simpson and Harley are hardly stellar signings, I just wonder if Tis is bolstering the squad with experience, maybe not playing on a regular basis, but having seasoned pros around the squad.

I’m rather hoping that is the case and they’re not first choice players

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:23 pm 

Those on here who are shaking their head and saying "what a poor signing"...does this not mean you are therefore questioning Tisdale's judgment ? He has known Simpson, and knows much more about him than any "pundit" on TCR and I know who I trust ! Do not forget, strikers can do a whole load more in a match than merely score goals (look at the great work Sterling is doing at the World Cup for example) and surely Tisdale knows all about what Simpson can offer and bring to the club.

Criticise Dons players if you want to...but at least give them a chance first.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:20 pm 

I'm an optimist but I'm baffled with this. Ah well, at least we're looking at better

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:26 pm 

we have enough hungry young forwards simpson signing is a bit odd, but in tisdale we trust

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:57 am 

MK Jack wrote:
we have enough hungry young forwards simpson signing is a bit odd, but in tisdale we trust

LOL, us Exeter fans used to say 'In Tis we trust'. That might even be fair, but this is not going to be a good signing for you. I was so relieved he was out of contract and I just assumed he'd drop down to conference south or retire. I genuinely assumed it was a joke when someone told me Tis had come calling!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:02 am 

Galverion wrote:
Those on here who are shaking their head and saying "what a poor signing"...does this not mean you are therefore questioning Tisdale's judgment ? He has known Simpson, and knows much more about him than any "pundit" on TCR and I know who I trust ! Do not forget, strikers can do a whole load more in a match than merely score goals (look at the great work Sterling is doing at the World Cup for example) and surely Tisdale knows all about what Simpson can offer and bring to the club.

The great work sterling is doing... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:12 am 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Galverion wrote:

He is. That’s why Southgate picks him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:18 am 

dons50 wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Galverion wrote:

Sterling almost single handedly unlocked what is usually a tight and good defensive unit in Sweden. He was tremendous on Saturday

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:28 am 

Alby wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Galverion wrote:

Sterling almost single handedly unlocked what is usually a tight and good defensive unit in Sweden. He was tremendous on Saturday

Agreed.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:58 am 

Those of you wondering why this signing, especially those already deciding he is rubbish, I suggest you listen to his post St Neot’s match interview.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2lT3usremvE
The full iPlayer interview is even more informative.
He addresses FD’s assessment for his stats, must be reading the forum already :lol:
Also if you look at Twitter comments, a lot of Exeter fans are sad to see him go because of the character he brings to a team.
Also he is on a short term contract.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next