THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Who to blame?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:25 pm 

When we lose we seem to resort to blaming a few scapegoat players, the manager, the referee, bad luck or simply a bad day at the office.

Perhaps the reality is simply that with our current budgets, we are always likely to be a dozen points away from a play-off place and the same from a relegation place at the end of any season?

Post subject: Re: Who to blame?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:32 pm 

Sorry, but our budgets have always been comfortably top six at this level but, that said, we did let a lot of senior grown up players on decent wages move on last summer and it seems Robbie pushed the boat out to accommodate certain key arrivals and bought in younger, cheaper replacements elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:04 pm 

Too many players making basic errors EEL gave away the first goal, Golbourne was at fault for the second, no matter who is manager you can't control that.

IMO EEL is a liability on the deck, looks clumsy and uncomfortable with the ball at his feet....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:47 am 

Shit players who clearly don't feel it necessary to give 100%.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:53 am 

Recruitment again for me and no I'm not blaming Bobby. I remember Robbie saying that there is no value in the English market and so got young Scottish, foreign and loan players, but at the moment it isn't working. I also believe Robbie said (as do most managers) we will have the fittest team in the league but I see no evidence of it. W have a high value team on paper but their stock is falling, although the team can still come good if they receive a more support and motivation.

They are also making basic errors and getting closed down too easy or kicking long aimless balls, so the idea we won't have a style of play seems to be back firing.

Last edited by ReturnofMoo on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:08 am 

Our starting 11 is strong. Its experienced with a mix of decent young players as well. They all appear to be performing well below their abilities. The finger can really only be pointed at one person, the manager. I want him to do well, I'd dread the thought of having to look for a new one again, but I just don't see how its going to improve. Everything seems wrong at the moment.

Last edited by East Wing Don on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:33 am 
LouisMKD wrote:
Our starting 11 is strong. Its experienced with a mix of decent young players as well. They are appear to be performing well below their abilities. The finger can really only be pointed at one person, the manager. I want him to do well, I'd dread the through of having to look for a new one again, but I just don't see how its going to improve. Everything seems wrong at the moment.

One things for sure - many of our players ARE good enough and proven winners and/or Championship calibre players. Several of our starting 11 have won promotion in the last 4 seasons and were regular starters for their teams - Williams, EEL (x2), Sow, Golbourne, Agard.

This is what is boils down to really. If it's not the players, then it must be the manager and his tactics. I really can't see Neilson suddenly changing his ways and becoming an attack-minded manager.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:52 pm 

familymkdonsfan wrote:
When we lose we seem to resort to blaming a few scapegoat players, the manager, the referee, bad luck or simply a bad day at the office.

Perhaps the reality is simply that with our current budgets, we are always likely to be a dozen points away from a play-off place and the same from a relegation place at the end of any season?

AFC family, I know you're only trying to stir up debate but that one will never fly.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:54 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
familymkdonsfan wrote:

AFC family, I know you're only trying to stir up debate but that one will never fly.

WABLO ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:14 pm 

leodon wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
familymkdonsfan wrote:

WABLO ;)

Yes and so F- what? It's much easier to park the car which is very important....not to say these 'more established clubs' in higher leagues bring far too many fans who make a dreadful racket throughout the whole game.
Ghastly. :(
All things considered thank gawd we lost again..... :ugeek: