THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crossroads
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:32 pm 

I wanted Robbo to stay but it makes no sense to sack Neilson so soon. He deserves at least next summer’s transfer window.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:35 pm 
Aliramone wrote:
This is all nonsense. Isn't this thread supposed to be about a 70s hotel in..was it Birmingham?
FFS. What's all this football drivel. :?

I too am disappointed, I thought it was going to be about boyband Blazin' Squad's 2002 hit 'Crossroads', a cover of the Bone Thugs-N-Harmony song of the same name.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:39 pm 

We need to win our next two home games this week, surprisingly we are still only four points off the play off spots.

Robbie has said on ifollow that today's quality was nowhere near good enough, I don't think we are at the point of another manager change yet, but things do need to improve

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:46 pm 

Scribble wrote:
We need to win our next two home games this week, surprisingly we are still only four points off the play off spots.

Robbie has said on ifollow that today's quality was nowhere near good enough, I don't think we are at the point of another manager change yet, but things do need to improve

I read a bit of anger in his interview for probably the first time. Let's hope his actions are as good as his words.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:48 pm 

It feels like we have been having these discussions for the past several months. PW announced that Robbie was the most wanted young manager when appointed but a year on still waiting to see anything to suggest he was an in demand manager.

The footy is bang on average, no where near the levels achieved by Robbo and unlikely to reach these levels for some time yet.

I no longer go to Dons games in anticipation of a good performance or even a win. I'm just going to see mediocrity and perhaps a goal and a win if lucky!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:52 pm 

What's the point in getting rid? The compensation alone would cripple our transfer budget for Jan and possibly next summer. We are mid table not in the bottom 4 like when robbo left.

What do people want? Personally I expect mid table and that's where we are. No use wetting you knickers.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:53 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Scribble wrote:

I read a bit of anger in his interview for probably the first time. Let's hope his actions are as good as his words.

Yeah definitely, it wasn't littered with the usual excuses, he did appear to be pissed off

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:53 pm 
I'm sick of watching lazy football with no creativity. I feel sorry for the like of Sows and Seager in particular who are both talented players and are having to deal with scraps. Our starting 11 from the end of last season would batter this team. We'd get absolutely destroyed by our 2014/15 team.

None of the players behind them barring Aneke have any spark of creativity. Under Neilson with this group of players his instructions seem to literally be "boot the ball somewhere near Sow once you're near the halfway line". The only other player who offers something different in the final third is Ariyibi.

This team isn't a team, it's a group of individuals on a field following simple instructions to no avail and not looking like they give too much of a shit about it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:55 pm 

MovingOn wrote:
It feels like we have been having these discussions for the past several months. PW announced that Robbie was the most wanted young manager when appointed but a year on still waiting to see anything to suggest he was an in demand manager.

The footy is bang on average, no where near the levels achieved by Robbo and unlikely to reach these levels for some time yet.

I no longer go to Dons games in anticipation of a good performance or even a win. I'm just going to see mediocrity and perhaps a goal and a win if lucky!

Yes I do have to agree with your last sentence. I can't remember the last time I actually got excited and enjoyed a great atmosphere. I haven't really turned up thinking we would win since about the fourth week into the championship season. These performances must be putting people off coming.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:08 pm 

What do I want russ? Simple really ... our brand of entertaining football back with a few tweaks and progression. I want to go to football and be excited and entertained and I want a credible identity again that gets the football world talking.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next