THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crossroads
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:45 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Alby wrote:
What makes you think Rubio wants to be our manager? A lot of youth coaches like exactly that. Working with youth and developing players. Academy coaches are academy coaches and you'd be surprised how many of them don't want to be managers.

I have family who works as a coach in the youth team and I know that Rubio wants to move into management.

Fair enough. I don't doubt you as I know you do have links in the youth. I'm not against it btw, I have no doubts he would make a good manager eventually and wouldn't be against it. He'd get us playing football first and foremost.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:47 pm 

I dont know if he does alby but id be twisting arms to make it happen. Id trust ed with the youth development into the first team, he gets the mk dons way and we id hope could get our identity back. Most importantly though its our only real cost effective option. Id get him a proper no. 2 who knows the leagues and go from there.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:56 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
I can't imagine PW is too happy with things at the moment. Maybe in hindsight would've been better going for someone with experience of the English leagues.

Or not sacking the guy we had.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:01 pm 

You can't say that D50. We were guaranteed a relegation if he'd stayed. GUARANTEED. At least Neilson is a no bullshit laid back guy who takes no shit.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:07 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
I can't imagine PW is too happy with things at the moment. Maybe in hindsight would've been better going for someone with experience of the English leagues.

Had he not had been so stubborn and got rid of the players that weren't good enough and signed better players he wouldn't have been sacked. IMO not only was it right to sack him but should've been done at xmas when we were still in the championship.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:15 pm 

Robbo imo is a great coach who lost his way at mk dons and his only criticism is he is very one dimensional. When that one dimension works its wonderful, when it doesnt it is incredibly frustrating.

I was guilty of being a robbo hater in the aftermath of his reign ending but id take that football all over again and his passion for football and our club if he'd just come up wit a plan b and seperate himself from te bond with players at times and be decisive.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:22 pm 

Alby wrote:
You can't say that D50. We were guaranteed a relegation if he'd stayed. GUARANTEED. At least Neilson is a no bullshit laid back guy who takes no shit.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:23 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:

Had he not had been so stubborn and got rid of the players that weren't good enough and signed better players he wouldn't have been sacked. IMO not only was it right to sack him but should've been done at xmas when we were still in the championship.

Beg to differ. I believe we were right to keep him. I genuinely believed we could stay up right up until we lost to Rotherham st home 4-0. At Christmas I thought we were doing just fine.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:27 pm 

Alby wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:

Beg to differ. I believe we were right to keep him. I genuinely believed we could stay up right up until we lost to Rotherham st home 4-0. At Christmas I thought we were doing just fine.

Personally I could only see one outcome and sadly it came to pass.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:28 pm 

Robbo is streets above of Nielson at this stage, but obviously he had a lot more time to show his talents. His football was a joy to watch for the majority of the time, sadly cant say the same for Nielson at all.

It was definitely time for Robbo to leave so I dont disgree with but I feel that Nieslons time is close approaching. The guy has absoutely no personality at all, so he doesnt really help himself there. A new manager by January if results stay like this would be good

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next