THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Crossroads
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:22 pm 

Been stewing on this for an hour but i'm at a bit of a crossroads withmy dons thoughts.

I've been a firm supporter of the robbie regime but that 1st half today was the most gutless showing I care to remember.

So the crossroads for me is well do we stick or twist? I would imagine we cant afford the turnover the robbie regime has seen so do we ride it out? Will it get better? Or do we look from within?

Im at a place with it now where I say find out what dan mcciche is doing post england duty and promote ed rubio to a first team head coach/manager role to start coaching the first team to play the dons way and get our identity back. Hes inexperienced in management but he knows the dons way and we cant afford another overhaul this side of christmas.

Its the only real cost effective option imo. Its sad really, I love robbie as a person and a football mind but the football is pure dogshit. I can count around 100 minutes of really good football. First half vs afc, 2nd half vs oxford and 20 minutes the other day. Other than that its been lifeless and uninspiring backs against the wall.

I cantake defending a lead when its necessary but thays for the last 15/20 minutes of a game. We dont start any half fast, we dont put teams under pressure and we have very little control in possession. Some of the football has been elementary. Clearing the ball from back to front with seager up front is an example of the ineptness.

Its ok when we get away with a win but theres too many days like today that are a teal slog and theres no excitement or eye catching moments.

Sorry guys, im not going to bang the drum constantly and i'll celebrate when we win but ive lost all interest and faith in this regime. Hopefully we turn it around but I have to see more than a result to inspire me again.

Post subject: Re: Crossroads
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:24 pm 

Ashmead laid into us heavily on 3CR at h/t and I didn't listen to the second half. Was it really that bad? :?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:27 pm 

We were losing and managed to fashion 1 shot first half. The problem for me is we are second best to everything. Teams like portsmouth today look sharper and hungrier.

Is there a chance the players are not coping with the excessive training?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:31 pm 

Robbie has been given almost a year now, so there has definitely been enough time for us to judge him. In my opinion, there has been no improvement at all, if anything we've gotten worse. The performances this season have been beyond dire, even the games we have won.

I really don't see how anything is going to change now. Like last season, we've all been holding out for Aneke's return like he was going to cast some sort of miracle spell over the team, but even with him playing the whole 2nd half, we were still awful.

Robbie's laid back character seems to have been adopted by those on the pitch as well. We just look like we lack any sort of desire to win.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:34 pm 

What makes you think Rubio wants to be our manager? A lot of youth coaches like exactly that. Working with youth and developing players. Academy coaches are academy coaches and you'd be surprised how many of them don't want to be managers.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:39 pm 

Alby wrote:
What makes you think Rubio wants to be our manager? A lot of youth coaches like exactly that. Working with youth and developing players. Academy coaches are academy coaches and you'd be surprised how many of them don't want to be managers.

I have family who works as a coach in the youth team and I know that Rubio wants to move into management.

I am finding it very frustrating, on paper this is a strong squad we have here, certainly capable of battling in the top six.

Do we really need two defensive midfielders? It's cramping our attacking element hugely, I'd like to see just one with perhaps Pawlett when he's fit playing a more attacking role, or Nesbitt.

We need to start scoring more, because we aren't going to win any playing defend and hoofball

The talent is here, it's not been unlocked, just shackled to a defensive madness

I can't imagine PW is too happy with things at the moment. Maybe in hindsight would've been better going for someone with experience of the English leagues.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:41 pm 

Scribble wrote:
I am finding it very frustrating, on paper this is a strong squad we have here, certainly capable of battling in the top six.

Do we really need two defensive midfielders? It's cramping our attacking element hugely, I'd like to see just one with perhaps Pawlett when he's fit playing a more attacking role, or Nesbitt.

We need to start scoring more, because we aren't going to win any playing defend and hoofball

The talent is here, it's not been unlocked, just shackled to a defensive madness

Tend to agree with you here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:43 pm 

This is all nonsense. Isn't this thread supposed to be about a 70s hotel in..was it Birmingham?
FFS. What's all this football drivel. :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next