PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:19 pm 

I'm losing confidence in RN.
Sorry for a serious post :o

Post subject: Re: How much longer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:26 pm 
Aliramone wrote:

When Ali makes a serious post about a manager you know the guy's time is coming to an end

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:35 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Aliramone wrote:

When Ali makes a serious post about a manager you know the guy's time is coming to an end

When Ali makes a serious post about anything, you know he is rattled !

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:28 pm 

Galverion wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Aliramone wrote:

When Ali makes a serious post about anything, you know he is rattled !

As opposed to ratted 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:29 pm 

Seriously (there's a theme developing), we have the makings of a good team. But I fear Mr Neilson is not the man to help it flower.

Ince in. You know it makes sense.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:03 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Seriously (there's a theme developing), we have the makings of a good team. But I fear Mr Neilson is not the man to help it flower.

Ince in. You know it makes sense.

Third time lucky :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:28 pm 

He’ll get at least this season and into next and (despite appearances to the contrary) I genuinely believe he’ll get the important stuff like winning games right at some point, but make no mistake this was not ear-marked by the board as a preparatory season. With the resources available he should be making a much better fist of it than he has. Six league defeats by mid October is barely even mid-table form, and things will need to improve massively from here on in.

The biggest issue for me is that even in the wins we’ve had we’ve barely had more than a couple of twenty minute periods where we’ve looked fully in control of the game and not under any sort pressure. If the desire is to soak up pressure and hit on the counter when we go a goal up, then it simply isn’t working. The urgency, passing and creativity is missing from the middle of the park and it is going long far too often.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:36 pm 
Camdenite wrote:
He’ll get at least this season and into next and (despite appearances to the contrary) I genuinely believe he’ll get the important stuff like winning games right at some point, but make no mistake this was not ear-marked by the board as a preparatory season. With the resources available he should be making a much better fist of it than he has. Six league defeats by mid October is barely even mid-table form, and things will need to improve massively from here on in.

The biggest issue for me is that even in the wins we’ve had we’ve barely had more than a couple of twenty minute periods where we’ve looked fully in control of the game and not under any sort pressure. If the desire is to soak up pressure and hit on the counter when we go a goal up, then it simply isn’t working. The urgency, passing and creativity is missing from the middle of the park and it is going long far too often.

I really think those wins against Plymouth, Rochdale and AFC have given people a false impression of where we're at. Like you say, we didn't look good in those games. AFC dominated us and should have scored at least one against us, one of our goals was an own goal and the other was due to poor defending by them. But they looked the better side. Plymouth we really didn't deserve to win and was more due to Plymouth not being clinical enough that we got the points.

Not one game this season have we looked convincing. The best football we played was the second half against Oxford, and even then we only got a draw.

The more I think about all this, the more I'm thinking Neilson needs to go or seriously overhaul his tactics. I don't think I'm premature in thinking that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:07 pm 

I can't see Pete sacking him, I don't think he'll resign either, so we are going to have to put up with him for a while yet.

The defensive game he plays has to change, we don't need two defensive midfielders, let's go with just the one and start attacking teams, the next two games we just have to win, sitting back and defending at home is not an option.

I truly hope Robbie has earmarked a playmaker for the next transfer window in January, we need that spark from somebody desperately

C'mon Robbie be brave and let's have a go at teams, let them off the leash please.......

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:18 pm 
Scribble wrote:
The defensive game he plays has to change, we don't need two defensive midfielders, let's go with just the one and start attacking teams, the next two games we just have to win, sitting back and defending at home is not an option.

Yeah. We need to trust our defence a bit more. All of our defenders are highly rated and Championship quality. EEL has won two promotions from L1, Wootton has good pedigree, Walsh is a solid CB and Wales international, Golbourne is a Championship defender, Williams we know is a very good player and Brittain is in form and on the up.

Setting up with two defensive mids hasn't really changed much, we still conceded two goals yesterday through individual errors. The reason we lost wasn't just conceding goals from silly errors, but because we didn't have any answer back.

I'd like to see us emphasise attack instead of defence, trust our defenders a bit more and concentrate on creating chances, keeping the ball on the ground a bit more and feeding it in to Sow/Ariyibi/Gilbey instead of hopeless long balls.