THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: How much longer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:07 pm 

We are approaching a year with Robbie as manager and initially there was an improvement. However the football is now dire (certainly at home) the game plan seems to be soak up pressure have 2 holding midfielders then play a long ball to a forward who is on his own give them the ball back and start again. Apparently u need to score to win games if we concede 1 we need to score 2.
How many times have we scored 2 goals in a game since he took over(ive not checked but suspect less than 10 games).

Surely we need to go on the front foot attack teams especially at home.

Whilst critical of one plan under KR im not sure how many formations we have played this season find one that works might help.

Im not one for getting rid of managers but we need a plan as Baldrick said

Post subject: Re: How much longer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:15 pm 

The issue I feel is I'm not actually sure who is our team captain these days (who was our starting captain today??).....we need a recognisable leader on the pitch to get the team motivated and not scared of shouting!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:30 pm 

It's way past time already. The football has been dire and boring since he started, his signings were wrong and obviously wrong, way too defensive. Count the goals scored by the squad last season - it's no surprise at all there's no goals throughout the team. He's not getting the best out of the players we do have, Agard has a worse record this season than Maynard had. He says nothing insightful in interviews, does nothing for Young Dons, or MK SET, or MKDSA, has built up no rapport with the fans, doesn't get the club and needs to go, sooner the better.

What has he achieved in the last year? A win against a poor relegation quality AFC and that's it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:41 pm 

Nkdon wrote:
It's way past time already. The football has been dire and boring since he started, his signings were wrong and obviously wrong, way too defensive. Count the goals scored by the squad last season - it's no surprise at all there's no goals throughout the team. He's not getting the best out of the players we do have, Agard has a worse record this season than Maynard had. He says nothing insightful in interviews, does nothing for Young Dons, or MK SET, or MKDSA, has built up no rapport with the fans, doesn't get the club and needs to go, sooner the better.

What has he achieved in the last year? A win against a poor relegation quality AFC and that's it.

We've beaten them twice in the last year. :ugeek: :ugeek: Ayyynd (so).....always look on the bright side of life :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:15 pm 
Can anyone really see how Neilson is going to improve things? I can't.

Part of the problem is that Neilson and the recruitment team truly fucked up with recruitment - players of questionable calibre, but even if we all agree they are all good/above average players, they mostly have too similar attributes - physically strong/athletic and tall but that's about it. They aren't all suddenly going to become Ben Reeves or Harvey Barnes and suddenly make everything tick. Unless Neilson tears up his tactics book and starts again from the ground up, this is what we are going to have to settle for under Neilson.

I really hope Pete is having a serious think about this - it's been said before but Pete has said at least once in interview that we have an identity, a style of football, and that any incoming manager would have to adhere to that. That's completely gone now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:32 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:

Part of the problem is that Neilson and the recruitment team truly fucked up with recruitment - players of questionable calibre, but even if we all agree they are all good/above average players, they mostly have too similar attributes - physically strong/athletic and tall but that's about it. They aren't all suddenly going to become Ben Reeves or Harvey Barnes and suddenly make everything tick. Unless Neilson tears up his tactics book and starts again from the ground up, this is what we are going to have to settle for under Neilson.

I really hope Pete is having a serious think about this - it's been said before but Pete has said at least once in interview that we have an identity, a style of football, and that any incoming manager would have to adhere to that. That's completely gone now.

But surely PW must have done his homework on Robbie, it not like Hearts played free flowing football under his guidance, they were a defensive team primarily and were successful playing that way.

I think the game is a bit different in league 1 and the tactics aren't working how he envisaged

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:42 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:

But surely PW must have done his homework on Robbie, it not like Hearts played free flowing football under his guidance, they were a defensive team primarily and were successful playing that way.

I think the game is a bit different in league 1 and the tactics aren't working how he envisaged

We do not have an identity atm we have been run ragged by various teams including cobblerz and look where they are

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:43 pm 

It's been crap. The whole club is just flat at the moment.

Got to given until the end of the season though. Let's not become a hireing and firing club please.

He's a nice guy - the players he's brought in are just shit.

A club is only as good as its players at the end of the day.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:19 pm 

End of the season, then I'd say we'll probably keep him because it's the easy answer and option, I can't see any real improvement, saying that Rome wasn't built in a day, conclusion I have no idea!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:41 pm 

RedDotDon wrote:
It's been crap. The whole club is just flat at the moment.

Got to given until the end of the season though. Let's not become a hireing and firing club please.

He's a nice guy - the players he's brought in are just shit.

A club is only as good as its players at the end of the day.

I'm a nice guy doesn't mean I am the right guy to manage things at my work.

Apparently.

UTF