THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Osman Sow
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:03 pm 

LouisMKD wrote:
Just not good enough. Hes been decent in no more than 2 games so far this season. Constantly losing the ball, so frustrating. Drop him and play Aneke up front with Seager just behind.

Utter shit you speak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:10 am 

Warwickdons wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:
Just not good enough. Hes been decent in no more than 2 games so far this season. Constantly losing the ball, so frustrating. Drop him and play Aneke up front with Seager just behind.

Utter shit you speak

Master Yoda?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:47 am 

Warwickdons wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:

Utter shit you speak

I disagree. I've watched him in every game so far this season and he's played well twice. His hold up play is not even comparable to Chuks, who has only played a fraction of the time. I've never seen someone give the ball away as much as Sow. He keeps trying little flicks that just don't come off at all.

Granted, I can see a talented player in there and maybe our style of play is the issue, but I still expected more. I definitely expected more than 2 goals from him at this stage in the season, anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:53 pm 

Weird that if Aneke takes another month or two to get fully fit and up to speed we all understand but Sow comes to a new country and has to get fit and up to speed it's wrong.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:22 pm 

LouisMKD wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:

Utter shit you speak

I disagree. I've watched him in every game so far this season and he's played well twice. His hold up play is not even comparable to Chuks, who has only played a fraction of the time. I've never seen someone give the ball away as much as Sow. He keeps trying little flicks that just don't come off at all.

Granted, I can see a talented player in there and maybe our style of play is the issue, but I still expected more. I definitely expected more than 2 goals from him at this stage in the season, anyway.

Either we play him through balls to run onto, or we play high balls for him to win and knock down for others to feed off (a la Alby & Sam). Currently we're leaving him isolated and are pinging high balls to him. Even Zlatan would struggle.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:12 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:

Utter shit you speak

Either we play him through balls to run onto, or we play high balls for him to win and knock down for others to feed off (a la Alby & Sam). Currently we're leaving him isolated and are pinging high balls to him. Even Zlatan would struggle.

Exactly. Toby Lock reposted this article on Twitter from when we signed Sow with the comment that the Pompey game showed this.
http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/foo ... 103679/amp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:20 pm 
Feel a bit sorry for him. Seen him play several times now and he's always shown enough to suggest he's a very good player, we just aren't playing to his strengths like others have said. I'm very happy we have him and I'm sure he will come into his own at some point.

Would be good to see how a new manager would come in and adapt our game to suit him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:03 pm 

He'll score termorrer. :ugeek: :ugeek:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:19 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
He'll score termorrer. :ugeek: :ugeek:

You reap what you......no, sorry I can’t do it. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:35 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Aliramone wrote: