THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:13 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Osman Sow
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:42 pm 

Just not good enough. Hes been decent in no more than 2 games so far this season. Constantly losing the ball, so frustrating. Drop him and play Aneke up front with Seager just behind.

Post subject: Re: Osman Sow
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:43 pm 

LouisMKD wrote:
Just not good enough. Hes been decent in no more than 2 games so far this season. Constantly losing the ball, so frustrating. Drop him and play Aneke up front with Seager just behind.

He's been a bit "meh" so far, I was led to believe he was some sort of footballing god, underwhelmed when we signed him and still am

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:57 pm 

Didn't know him from Adam but going on the comments from Hearts fans I thought he would be a one man scoring machine, in reality he has done very little so far. Is it Robbies style or should I say lack of that's affecting everything?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:00 pm 

He's a good player trust me.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:17 pm 

As I've just said on another thread, we have a number of very talented players and the manager, for whatever reason seems impotent when it comes to motivating them.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:25 pm 
I've seen enough to believe he is a talented player with plenty of ability. Strong, has pace and a decent shot.

The problem is not Sow or Seager for that matter, the problem is he has very little to feed off, absolutely dire service to both of them so far this season. I can't remember one occasion where someone has actually made a decent pass on the ground to him in the final third that allowed him an opportunity.

We saw today that one opportunity he was given, he had the defender in his pocket until the very last second when his shot was blocked. But he definitely showed his quality in that moment.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:13 pm 

Sow really isn't the problem here people. In fact he gives us things we've not had since Wilbraham. He's being used in an idiotic way is all.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:18 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Sow really isn't the problem here people. In fact he gives us things we've not had since Wilbraham. He's being used in an idiotic way is all.

Idiotic is good....hic burp belch. ;) :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:45 pm 

Sow's one of the only players giving me any hope, always looks good when on the ball. Needs a solid #10 behind him actually giving him service though. A Ben Reeves or Harvey Barnes-esque player.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:49 pm 
OneManWentToSow wrote:
Sow's one of the only players giving me any hope, always looks good when on the ball. Needs a solid #10 behind him actually giving him service though. A Ben Reeves or Harvey Barnes-esque player.

Exactly.

With this current squad there are very few players out of our permanently signed players I genuinely think are good enough for us, and Sow is one of them. The others I rate are Aneke, Williams, Gilbey, Brittain, Walsh and Nicholls. Nesbitt would be worth sticking around to see how he gets on. The rest, I wouldn't really care if they went.

Think most of our loanees are decent, aside from Tshibola.