THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:53 am 

Alby wrote:
I can’t remember too many people being confident we’d do great when we came down from the Championship..?

I thought we’d finish mid table and we did. I think we will go up next season. That League is dreadful and I think we will be the most attractive club in that League for players to sign for.

First time. Back in 2005.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:31 am 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... APL Champion 2017/18 Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 19/20
Galverion wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Blimey...it must be trendy now to think Cisse isn't anything other than abysmal.
He was sussed by every L1 side by the end of August.
100%
One of the worst players to every pull on a MKD shirt
Better than Jennings, Aguza, Benavente for us though.

21/22 26 11 _9 89 LM 3rd

05/06 12 14 20 50 DW 22nd R
22/23 11 12 23 45 lm/MJ 21st R
17/18 11 12 23 45 rn/DM 23rd R
15/16 _9 12 25 39 KR 23rd R

LS: A rocky start, that's all it is.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:42 pm 
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
APMKDon wrote:
Them new manager whoever it will be will be coming to a club that are 6/1 favourites to win L2 next season have they not seen/heard the disarray over the last 2 or so years

Who else in that league, when you look at it as it stands, would you pick as more likely to be up there than us? It's been bad aye, but in League 2 we'll have the biggest budget, biggest stadium (which seems the most important feature to bring in players the further down the pyramid you get) and are one of the more attractive 'names' in the league. It's early, but I can see why we're favourites so early.

It's hard to say at this early stage. However...
I think Notts County should be up there.
Lincoln if they keep the Cowley's.
Maybe Mansfield and Swindon.
And the other relegated teams.

But we should be up there with them all as well.

I think the odds are pretty generic at this stage.
They may give a reasonable indication of which end of the league teams are more likely to be, based on size and finances, but with so many squad and managerial changes still to happen, they can't be too exact.

Notts County have made two good attacking signings, each for six figure fees:
Kristian Dennis, who scored over 20 goals for Chesterfield last season, and Kane Hemmings who scored 15 for Mansfield.
They're a big team for league two and finished 5th last season before these additions.
I think they should be right up there this season, competing for the title.

As well as those 2 good striking additions (£150,000 for 21 goal Dennis), they've just signed 2 wingers that I rate: Enzio Boldewijn from Crawley, who has cost "a substantial six figure sum" and was linked with league one and championship clubs; and Nathan Thomas, who impressed in league two with Hartlepool, got a move to Sheffield United last season but hasn't done much in the championship and spent some of last season on loan at Shrewsbury at the top of league one. He's a decent signing as well and one of a number of their signings who say they turned down league one clubs to join Notts County as they expect promotion.
Notts County do feel like the Luton of this season for me. They finished 5th last season and have spent a good amount of money to make 8 mostly good signings so far.
I think they're my tip for the title at the moment.

Good signings. I do feel like we still need about 4 more players, and we could really do with a couple of attacking signings like that.

Very happy with JMT and Hancox, but we could really do with a marquee striker/winger. Hopefully we're working on someone like Stockley or one of the other top L2/Conference strikers.

It's a good start for us, but for this to be a decent window we do need to be making a couple more signings of the calibre that Notts County have gone for. We are supposed to be one of the big budget teams in this league right?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:19 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
APMKDon wrote:
Them new manager whoever it will be will be coming to a club that are 6/1 favourites to win L2 next season have they not seen/heard the disarray over the last 2 or so years

Who else in that league, when you look at it as it stands, would you pick as more likely to be up there than us? It's been bad aye, but in League 2 we'll have the biggest budget, biggest stadium (which seems the most important feature to bring in players the further down the pyramid you get) and are one of the more attractive 'names' in the league. It's early, but I can see why we're favourites so early.

It's hard to say at this early stage. However...
I think Notts County should be up there.
Lincoln if they keep the Cowley's.
Maybe Mansfield and Swindon.
And the other relegated teams.

But we should be up there with them all as well.

I think the odds are pretty generic at this stage.
They may give a reasonable indication of which end of the league teams are more likely to be, based on size and finances, but with so many squad and managerial changes still to happen, they can't be too exact.

Notts County have made two good attacking signings, each for six figure fees:
Kristian Dennis, who scored over 20 goals for Chesterfield last season, and Kane Hemmings who scored 15 for Mansfield.
They're a big team for league two and finished 5th last season before these additions.
I think they should be right up there this season, competing for the title.

As well as those 2 good striking additions (£150,000 for 21 goal Dennis), they've just signed 2 wingers that I rate: Enzio Boldewijn from Crawley, who has cost "a substantial six figure sum" and was linked with league one and championship clubs; and Nathan Thomas, who impressed in league two with Hartlepool, got a move to Sheffield United last season but hasn't done much in the championship and spent some of last season on loan at Shrewsbury at the top of league one. He's a decent signing as well and one of a number of their signings who say they turned down league one clubs to join Notts County as they expect promotion.
Notts County do feel like the Luton of this season for me. They finished 5th last season and have spent a good amount of money to make 8 mostly good signings so far.
I think they're my tip for the title at the moment.

Good signings. I do feel like we still need about 4 more players, and we could really do with a couple of attacking signings like that.

Very happy with JMT and Hancox, but we could really do with a marquee striker/winger. Hopefully we're working on someone like Stockley or one of the other top L2/Conference strikers.

It's a good start for us, but for this to be a decent window we do need to be making a couple more signings of the calibre that Notts County have gone for. We are supposed to be one of the big budget teams in this league right?

Yes. Which we are spending on average L2 players.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7