THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:36 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:47 pm 

The new manager whoever it will be will be coming to a club that are 6/1 favourites to win L2 next season have they not seen/heard the disarray over the last 2 or so years

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:51 pm 

APMKDon wrote:
The new manager whoever it will be will be coming to a club that are 6/1 favourites to win L2 next season have they not seen/heard the disarray over the last 2 or so years

Who else in that league, when you look at it as it stands, would you pick as more likely to be up there than us? It's been bad aye, but in League 2 we'll have the biggest budget, biggest stadium (which seems the most important feature to bring in players the further down the pyramid you get) and are one of the more attractive 'names' in the league. It's early, but I can see why we're favourites so early.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:17 pm 

dons50 wrote:
He’s a good holding midfielder. I can see why they would want him.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:00 am 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
APMKDon wrote:
Them new manager whoever it will be will be coming to a club that are 6/1 favourites to win L2 next season have they not seen/heard the disarray over the last 2 or so years

Who else in that league, when you look at it as it stands, would you pick as more likely to be up there than us? It's been bad aye, but in League 2 we'll have the biggest budget, biggest stadium (which seems the most important feature to bring in players the further down the pyramid you get) and are one of the more attractive 'names' in the league. It's early, but I can see why we're favourites so early.

It's hard to say at this early stage. However...
I think Notts County should be up there.
Lincoln if they keep the Cowley's.
Maybe Mansfield and Swindon.
And the other relegated teams.

But we should be up there with them all as well.

I think the odds are pretty generic at this stage.
They may give a reasonable indication of which end of the league teams are more likely to be, based on size and finances, but with so many squad and managerial changes still to happen, they can't be too exact.

If Lincoln keep the Cowleys and the majority of their squad, I'd have them as favourites. There is a club that is going places.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:50 pm 
Steampunk Don wrote:
If Lincoln keep the Cowleys and the majority of their squad, I'd have them as favourites. There is a club that is going places.

They didn't look anything special in the playoffs, in fact none of the football I saw in the L2 playoffs was anything to write home about. I know we were poor last season, but L2 is a step down in competition.

Looking at the teams for next season, there isn't a single team I think "they are going to be a tough game". Whereas in L1 just gone, half the teams you knew would be a difficult encounter regardless of how good/bad we were - Wigan, Blackburn, Charlton, Portsmouth, Rotherham, Posh, Bradford etc.

There is nobody formidable in L2, and we are going to be the team that people want to avoid.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:01 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Steampunk Don wrote:

They didn't look anything special in the playoffs, in fact none of the football I saw in the L2 playoffs was anything to write home about. I know we were poor last season, but L2 is a step down in competition.

Looking at the teams for next season, there isn't a single team I think "they are going to be a tough game". Whereas in L1 just gone, half the teams you knew would be a difficult encounter regardless of how good/bad we were - Wigan, Blackburn, Charlton, Portsmouth, Rotherham, Posh, Bradford etc.

There is nobody formidable in L2, and we are going to be the team that people want to avoid.

I'd like to know what makes you think that. I don't dispute we will have a big budget and a big ground to fit nobody in, but we have been on three years of decline, both playing wise and back room wise. I want to believe that we will be formidable, but there is a lot to work on and off the pitch. We will be a good team, but we were not supposed to be in league 2 next season based on team and budget, but look where we are.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:42 pm 

I've said it elsewhere but a lot of us thought that about league One when we were relegated from the Championship the first time.
It was also interesting to hear Steve Bruce say recently that the first thing he had to do at Villa to stop the rot was deal with players who were used to losing.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:51 pm 

I can’t remember too many people being confident we’d do great when we came down from the Championship..?

I thought we’d finish mid table and we did. I think we will go up next season. That League is dreadful and I think we will be the most attractive club in that League for players to sign for.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:37 pm 

cisse is just an awful dithering awkward player, if we can actually get some money for him would be a miracle

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:04 am 

After the Blackpool game I rang my brother and said I am more worried this season that I ever was under Robinson. We had absolutely no system, togetherness or tactics. As bad as performances have been i think the lack of plan has made players look worse than they potentially could be. Many of them have player in various positions in different systems all whilst losing games.

I liked the idea of Cisse but he disappointed. You could tell he lost confidence throughout the season too. I would sell him in a heartbeat, but quite potentially there is a decent player in there. We just never saw it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next