THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:59 am 

Gers wrote:
LinsladeDon wrote:
Allypally wrote:
Because the mangers we had was both shit too and got relegated remember

I do wonder sometimes, I mean, what are the pro Cisses thinking or looking at as he tries another terrible cross field field pass in a dreadfull dangerous area. You could see the opposition ready for them .Do you think "at least he tried" ? What about when he had a go at Walsh (I think) because he wasn't where he kicked it :twisted:

Maybe the guy does have a bit of ability tbf but he was way too indulgent and has no idea what to do with it , but his worst crime was his attitude . And for that reason it would be a good riddance

This incident with Walsh highlights exactly why so many of our fans think Cisse is useless yet managers/scouts of clubs such as Blackburn and Leeds have shown an interest in him.
Walsh made a pass forward to Cisse and then stopped running. Cisse controlled the ball, turned around and passed it to space on his left into which he assumed Walsh had run. The ball went out of touch and Cisse got hell from the crowd, but had he been playing alongside players who could read the game better and made more effort, it would have been an excellent pass.
At Blackburn or Leeds he would be playing alongside better players and could do well for them.
Regarding Cisse's attitude; we have been lacking leadership on the pitch for years and Cisse has tried more than anyone to gee up both players and the crowd. When Brittain made a dreadful mistake that cost us a goal in one of our last games, Cisse was tho only player who tried to help console the young lad. That is not an attitude to be criticized.
Most fans seem to think Cisse is no good for us, he could well be thinking we are no good for him.

Then both parties will be happy. He can fuck off, and we'll be glad he's fucked off.

Not entirely, He will be glad he has escaped, but only 70% of us will be pleased he has done so. See below:
keyser soze wrote:
Wow. He's the true marmite.

So far (without counting) it looks like 70% hate, 30% love.

I'm upping the love count. Those of you that don't get it, don't get it. Sergio Busquets would have looked like dogshit in our team last season.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:42 am 

Sausage wrote:
Gers wrote:
Revisionist history is my favourite kind.

I love all this. Last week we had the first inkling of how not shite Neilson actually was. Now this. He was shocking. He was a laugh I'll give you that. A great chant, which obviously cannot be over estimated. Kissed the badge, a guaranteed crowd pleaser. The only real fault in his overall display was his inability to play football. ....

Neilson wasn’t me being revisionist, it was the temerity to say that, actually, the facts say that you were mostly wrong. Was anything I said inaccurate?

You have confirmation bias. That’s where one gets a preferred idea in their mind, only listens to those of the same opinion, and closes to anything that doesn’t agree with it - even if it is clear, factual evidence.

The cod-psychological phrase you're searching for is clarity of vision.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 1:21 pm 

Sausage wrote:
Good player, poorly managed. What was left back all about?

That is, until Micciche’s last few games, when he finally realised what Cisse could do. He must have told him to cut out the risky stuff around our box, and Cisse did pretty well. The change was noticeable, my mate spotted it first, and one of the few things I’d give Dan credit for.

I also noticed 3CR started highlighting his every mistake above the many the rest made, blaming him for things that weren’t his fault, and ignoring anything good he did. To fit their narrative, which they’d go on and on about all afternoon.

Much like Tshibola, not that I am defending Tshibola, but he was nowhere near as bad as you’d think if you only heard the games on 3CR.

By contrast Brittain got a very easy ride in the second half of the season with some of the howlers he committed. Not that I am attacking Brittain. Like Cisse, he was playing in an incoherent team with mixed messages and no idea how to collectively change things. But Brittain’s narrative is different.

3CR really need to be more professional. I used to listen to them while watching from Club Red, but I had to stop.

I agree. In hindsight Tshibola still wasn’t a good player but given how the season mapped out it’s clear he just wasn’t being used right given how bad everyone else was.

I am still of the belief a lot of the players need to go. If we kept Cisse and built the spine around him like we did with Potter maybe he can redeem himself but he’s not one id lose sleep over.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:19 pm 

He’s been very good for Killie. I wouldn’t have him here though.

I want new signings. Not the same crap we had week by week last season.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:14 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Alby wrote:
Sausage wrote:

That is, until Micciche’s last few games, when he finally realised what Cisse could do. He must have told him to cut out the risky stuff around our box, and Cisse did pretty well. The change was noticeable, my mate spotted it first, and one of the few things I’d give Dan credit for.

I also noticed 3CR started highlighting his every mistake above the many the rest made, blaming him for things that weren’t his fault, and ignoring anything good he did. To fit their narrative, which they’d go on and on about all afternoon.

Much like Tshibola, not that I am defending Tshibola, but he was nowhere near as bad as you’d think if you only heard the games on 3CR.

By contrast Brittain got a very easy ride in the second half of the season with some of the howlers he committed. Not that I am attacking Brittain. Like Cisse, he was playing in an incoherent team with mixed messages and no idea how to collectively change things. But Brittain’s narrative is different.

3CR really need to be more professional. I used to listen to them while watching from Club Red, but I had to stop.

I agree. In hindsight Tshibola still wasn’t a good player but given how the season mapped out it’s clear he just wasn’t being used right given how bad everyone else was.

I am still of the belief a lot of the players need to go. If we kept Cisse and built the spine around him like we did with Potter maybe he can redeem himself but he’s not one id lose sleep over.

Yip, I agree.
And, regarding Tshibola, it sounds like Kilmarnock fans were impressed by him and want him back.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/05/15/kilmarnock-fans-want-aston-villas-aaron-tshibola-back/

I know I'm pushing my luck and risk getting slated for this, but I wouldn't at all be upset if we re-signed him. :o (*Bertie ducks for cover while trying to justify his absurd statement.*).
He has a lot of positive attributes and should have been a good signing for us in league one.
He'd be an even better signing for league two.
It didn't work out last season, but everything went wrong with the club last year, on and off the pitch. I think it would be different for him next season.
However, it sounds like he had a much more enjoyable spell at Kilmarnock, so if he's loaned out again I imagine he'd go back there.
*Bertie pokes his head up to check if all is clear.* :)

I doubt him returning here would work, but I agree with you, he’s a good player.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:10 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Alby wrote:
Sausage wrote:

Yip, I agree.
And, regarding Tshibola, it sounds like Kilmarnock fans were impressed by him and want him back.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/05/15/kilmarnock-fans-want-aston-villas-aaron-tshibola-back/

I know I'm pushing my luck and risk getting slated for this, but I wouldn't at all be upset if we re-signed him. :o (*Bertie ducks for cover while trying to justify his absurd statement.*).
He has a lot of positive attributes and should have been a good signing for us in league one.
He'd be an even better signing for league two.
It didn't work out last season, but everything went wrong with the club last year, on and off the pitch. I think it would be different for him next season.
However, it sounds like he had a much more enjoyable spell at Kilmarnock, so if he's loaned out again I imagine he'd go back there.
*Bertie pokes his head up to check if all is clear.* :)

You need to cover your head in the sun.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:17 pm 

Let's go the whole hog and re-sign all the players, including EEL. I believe it's a sign of madness.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:40 pm 

I thought his best game was at centre back perhaps that's y there is interest in him cos he certainly not good enough elsewhere

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:47 pm 

Cisse is a much better player than the 3CR clowns are commentators. Mind you, they are so diabolical that that isn't saying a great deal........

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:39 pm 

LinsladeDon wrote:
Allypally wrote:
Because the mangers we had was both shit too and got relegated remember

I do wonder sometimes, I mean, what are the pro Cisses thinking or looking at as he tries another terrible cross field field pass in a dreadfull dangerous area. You could see the opposition ready for them .Do you think "at least he tried" ? What about when he had a go at Walsh (I think) because he wasn't where he kicked it :twisted:

Maybe the guy does have a bit of ability tbf but he was way too indulgent and has no idea what to do with it , but his worst crime was his attitude . And for that reason it would be a good riddance

This incident with Walsh highlights exactly why so many of our fans think Cisse is useless yet managers/scouts of clubs such as Blackburn and Leeds have shown an interest in him.
Walsh made a pass forward to Cisse and then stopped running. Cisse controlled the ball, turned around and passed it to space on his left into which he assumed Walsh had run. The ball went out of touch and Cisse got hell from the crowd, but had he been playing alongside players who could read the game better and made more effort, it would have been an excellent pass.
At Blackburn or Leeds he would be playing alongside better players and could do well for them.
Regarding Cisse's attitude; we have been lacking leadership on the pitch for years and Cisse has tried more than anyone to gee up both players and the crowd. When Brittain made a dreadful mistake that cost us a goal in one of our last games, Cisse was tho only player who tried to help console the young lad. That is not an attitude to be criticized.
Most fans seem to think Cisse is no good for us, he could well be thinking we are no good for him.

The problem with this is the Cisse is not Pele and Wash is not Carlos Alberto and they are not just outside the opposition's box. The guy played with no nouce and deluded himself with granduer. I just cant buy the claim that his problem was everyone else . He constantly indulged himself with futile dragbacks and stupid square balls

Maybe, just maybe poor management may have played a small part , but as I say , his his worst attribute was his attitude towards his fellows , which stunk .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next