THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 11:41 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:58 am 

Cisse is a good player. He certainly isn’t a bad one. But it hasn’t worked here and isn’t working in the squad we have. Bearing in mind he was a prominent figure in our squad when we got relegated I cannot give him much else than negative feedback given that a lot of his performances were poor.

If he stays he stays. Fine. I see a good player in him but he needs to buck up his ideas and whatnot. If he goes I won’t be disappointed. Most of the players we had last season could go and I wouldn’t bat an eyelid. Him included. We can’t keep being nice. It didn’t work. So why keep what didn’t work (barring a few) when we need a proper revival.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:06 am 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
John N wrote:
Alby wrote:
He’s a core part of things wrong with the club last sseason. Won’t be missed.

He's one of the few players at the club who's capable of putting his foot on the ball and stringing a pass or two together. He makes mistakes like any player but he's better than many. Of course, our brilliant Three Counties commentators (!) don't like him because he doesn't charge about like a fart in a phone booth all the time.

Rather he stayed.

I agree. And I'm pleasantly surprised. As a guess, based on your other posts, I would have thought you'd have liked the British bulldog type defensive midfielder whose only attribute is stamina and who possesses very little footballing ability. Personally I hate that type of player, so good to see you're not a fan either.
I think the Home Nations would have done far better internationally over the years if we weren't so obsessed with focusing on the physical rather than technical attributes when developing youngsters.

I like a skilful player as much as the next fan. I don't, however, much like managers who try to get players of limited ability to play in a style which doesn't suit them.

The answer is that a good side needs a variety of types of player. Strong tacklers and hard men have their place beside those with the more eye catching abilities. There's room for Chopper Harris as well as Frank Lampard in the Chelsea hall of fame. The 66 World Cup winning side had many skilful players. It also needed Nobby Stiles (not saying that Stiles had no skill but you get the drift)!

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:15 am 

John N wrote:
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
John N wrote:
Alby wrote:
He’s a core part of things wrong with the club last sseason. Won’t be missed.

He's one of the few players at the club who's capable of putting his foot on the ball and stringing a pass or two together. He makes mistakes like any player but he's better than many. Of course, our brilliant Three Counties commentators (!) don't like him because he doesn't charge about like a fart in a phone booth all the time.

Rather he stayed.

I agree. And I'm pleasantly surprised. As a guess, based on your other posts, I would have thought you'd have liked the British bulldog type defensive midfielder whose only attribute is stamina and who possesses very little footballing ability. Personally I hate that type of player, so good to see you're not a fan either.
I think the Home Nations would have done far better internationally over the years if we weren't so obsessed with focusing on the physical rather than technical attributes when developing youngsters.

I like a skilful player as much as the next fan. I don't, however, much like managers who try to get players of limited ability to play in a style which doesn't suit them.

The answer is that a good side needs a variety of types of player. Strong tacklers and hard men have their place beside those with the more eye catching abilities. There's room for Chopper Harris as well as Frank Lampard in the Chelsea hall of fame. The 66 World Cup winning side had many skilful players. It also needed Nobby Stiles (not saying that Stiles had no skill but you get the drift)!

You would need a Moore in there just holding the Mid field :D :D :D :shock:

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:20 am 

Good player, poorly managed. What was left back all about?

That is, until Micciche’s last few games, when he finally realised what Cisse could do. He must have told him to cut out the risky stuff around our box, and Cisse did pretty well. The change was noticeable, my mate spotted it first, and one of the few things I’d give Dan credit for.

I also noticed 3CR started highlighting his every mistake above the many the rest made, blaming him for things that weren’t his fault, and ignoring anything good he did. To fit their narrative, which they’d go on and on about all afternoon.

Much like Tshibola, not that I am defending Tshibola, but he was nowhere near as bad as you’d think if you only heard the games on 3CR.

By contrast Brittain got a very easy ride in the second half of the season with some of the howlers he committed. Not that I am attacking Brittain. Like Cisse, he was playing in an incoherent team with mixed messages and no idea how to collectively change things. But Brittain’s narrative is different.

3CR really need to be more professional. I used to listen to them while watching from Club Red, but I had to stop.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:56 am 

Revisionist history is my favourite kind.

I love all this. Last week we had the first inkling of how not shite Neilson actually was. Now this. He was shocking. He was a laugh I'll give you that. A great chant, which obviously cannot be over estimated. Kissed the badge, a guaranteed crowd pleaser. The only real fault in his overall display was his inability to play football.

I loved him, Jude and The Sturmninator. Because as shite as they were, they certainly were entertaining.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:07 am 

Allypally wrote:
Because the mangers we had was both shit too and got relegated remember

I do wonder sometimes, I mean, what are the pro Cisses thinking or looking at as he tries another terrible cross field field pass in a dreadfull dangerous area. You could see the opposition ready for them .Do you think "at least he tried" ? What about when he had a go at Walsh (I think) because he wasn't where he kicked it :twisted:

Maybe the guy does have a bit of ability tbf but he was way too indulgent and has no idea what to do with it , but his worst crime was his attitude . And for that reason it would be a good riddance

This incident with Walsh highlights exactly why so many of our fans think Cisse is useless yet managers/scouts of clubs such as Blackburn and Leeds have shown an interest in him.
Walsh made a pass forward to Cisse and then stopped running. Cisse controlled the ball, turned around and passed it to space on his left into which he assumed Walsh had run. The ball went out of touch and Cisse got hell from the crowd, but had he been playing alongside players who could read the game better and made more effort, it would have been an excellent pass.
At Blackburn or Leeds he would be playing alongside better players and could do well for them.
Regarding Cisse's attitude; we have been lacking leadership on the pitch for years and Cisse has tried more than anyone to gee up both players and the crowd. When Brittain made a dreadful mistake that cost us a goal in one of our last games, Cisse was tho only player who tried to help console the young lad. That is not an attitude to be criticized.
Most fans seem to think Cisse is no good for us, he could well be thinking we are no good for him.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:12 am 

LinsladeDon wrote:
Allypally wrote:
Because the mangers we had was both shit too and got relegated remember

I do wonder sometimes, I mean, what are the pro Cisses thinking or looking at as he tries another terrible cross field field pass in a dreadfull dangerous area. You could see the opposition ready for them .Do you think "at least he tried" ? What about when he had a go at Walsh (I think) because he wasn't where he kicked it :twisted:

Maybe the guy does have a bit of ability tbf but he was way too indulgent and has no idea what to do with it , but his worst crime was his attitude . And for that reason it would be a good riddance

This incident with Walsh highlights exactly why so many of our fans think Cisse is useless yet managers/scouts of clubs such as Blackburn and Leeds have shown an interest in him.
Walsh made a pass forward to Cisse and then stopped running. Cisse controlled the ball, turned around and passed it to space on his left into which he assumed Walsh had run. The ball went out of touch and Cisse got hell from the crowd, but had he been playing alongside players who could read the game better and made more effort, it would have been an excellent pass.
At Blackburn or Leeds he would be playing alongside better players and could do well for them.
Regarding Cisse's attitude; we have been lacking leadership on the pitch for years and Cisse has tried more than anyone to gee up both players and the crowd. When Brittain made a dreadful mistake that cost us a goal in one of our last games, Cisse was tho only player who tried to help console the young lad. That is not an attitude to be criticized.
Most fans seem to think Cisse is no good for us, he could well be thinking we are no good for him.

Then both parties will be happy. He can fuck off, and we'll be glad he's fucked off.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:37 am 

He showed his class the first few games he played for us with 'Beckhamesque' accuracy on long passes and good positional sense. Then he suffered a dramatic loss of form that lasted the rest of the season. He could have been one of our standout players but as things are I'll not be sorry to see him go, esp if we can get a good deal out of it.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:38 am 

Gers wrote:
Revisionist history is my favourite kind.

I love all this. Last week we had the first inkling of how not shite Neilson actually was. Now this. He was shocking. He was a laugh I'll give you that. A great chant, which obviously cannot be over estimated. Kissed the badge, a guaranteed crowd pleaser. The only real fault in his overall display was his inability to play football. ....

Neilson wasn’t me being revisionist, it was the temerity to say that, actually, the facts say that you were mostly wrong. Was anything I said inaccurate?

You have confirmation bias. That’s where one gets a preferred idea in their mind, only listens to those of the same opinion, and closes to anything that doesn’t agree with it - even if it is clear, factual evidence.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:50 am 

If anyone from Leeds is reading this. He was brilliant, athletic like a gazelle and could hit 40 yard passes with pinpoint accuracy. He would have been our player of the season if it hadn't of been cancelled. He formed a great partnership with Sow if you are interested in taking both. I expect a lot of competition for him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next