THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:48 pm 

Man alive! He's an absolutely shocking player. You can't defend him simply down to the fact that he's our player. He's fucking rubbish.

He seems like an eminently likable guy. And I've no doubt that he's very nice to his old mum, but he's a shit football player.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:17 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Galverion wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Blimey...it must be trendy now to think Cisse isn't anything other than abysmal.

He was sussed by every L1 side by the end of August.

100%

One of the worst players to every pull on a MKD shirt

Why did he get picked for so many games?

What a stupid question.
It was so we could all shout 'Oooooooooosss'. ;)

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:22 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Galverion wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Blimey...it must be trendy now to think Cisse isn't anything other than abysmal.

100%

Why did he get picked for so many games?

What a stupid question.
It was so we could all shout 'Oooooooooosss'. ;)

I’ll miss that. Shit player though.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:38 pm 

Perhaps the club can bring in a BOGOF policy.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:06 pm 

Galverion wrote:
Having checked today was not April 1st, I simply say may the highest bidder win :lol:

Or lowest!

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:45 pm 

dons50 wrote:
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
dons50 wrote:
dons50 wrote:
He’s a good holding midfielder. I can see why they would want him.

This.
We've not seen the best of him, but he's a decent player and has proved it at times.
He has played a few times for Mali, and has been a regular in the French 2nd division and at the start of the 2015/16 season joined Rayo Vallecano in the Spanish top-flight. Admittedly he rarely featured for them but a player of that calibre is way too good to be mocked by a league two club.
It's not worked out with us, and it's better he goes now to save on his wages; but I'm not surprised clubs are interested in him and I wish him all the best.

I don’t see why it’s better he goes now. I’d rather keep him.

Yeah, if money wasn't an issue, I'd rather keep him as well.
But I'm assuming we're probably going to have to sell some of our bigger wage earners, and I imagine Cisse is one of those. So if teams are indeed after him, he might be one that we could cash in on.
But I'd be pleased if Pete chooses to keep him.

Fair enough if it helps us to balance the books.

Pretty much sums up my feelings. Makings of a very classy player in there.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:11 pm 
dons50 wrote:
He’s a good holding midfielder. I can see why they would want him.

This.
We've not seen the best of him, but he's a decent player and has proved it at times.
He has played a few times for Mali, and has been a regular in the French 2nd division and at the start of the 2015/16 season joined Rayo Vallecano in the Spanish top-flight. Admittedly he rarely featured for them but a player of that calibre is way too good to be mocked by a league two club.
It's not worked out with us, and it's better he goes now to save on his wages; but I'm not surprised clubs are interested in him and I wish him all the best.

Don't think that argument holds up - lots of players in L2 who have previously played for bigger/top flight clubs, doesn't mean they are good players or allowed to be free from criticism. Wootton played in the Champions League for Man Utd and was poor for us this season in L1. Sow played in the Chinese top tier and had a lot of poor games this season for us.

Looking at people's reactions on Twitter to the news that Leeds were apparently interested, the majority opinion seems to be he wasn't very good for us this season.

I'm not one of those that will condemn him as one of our worst ever players - he isn't, we've had much worse over the years - but he was certainly a weak link this season and one of several disappointing/poor players. Players who played a lot of games for us this season like Cisse have to take some blame for being relegated - otherwise who else do you think was worse than him for us apart from Sietsma, EEL and Wootton?

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:23 pm 

Wow. He's the true marmite.

So far (without counting) it looks like 70% hate, 30% love.

I'm upping the love count. Those of you that don't get it, don't get it. Sergio Busquets would have looked like dogshit in our team last season.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:54 pm 

He’s one of those players that I honestly believe would be better playing in the Championship. Said it last season

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:36 pm 

familymkdonsfan wrote:
Galverion wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

100%

Have you been watching the Dons for long?

Yes, since the start at the NHS days.....

...and your point ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next