THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Steve Cotterill
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:01 pm 
Just finished watching Birmingham beat Cardiff 1-0 and can't help but wonder whether we missed a trick with not bringing him in last season when we were heavily linked with him.

Few of the Birmingham players saying that the 2 weeks they've had with him have been "the toughest fitness tests they've had in their careers" and they looked a top side tonight beating the league leaders - complete turnaround from playing under Redknapp.

They looked fit, strong, well drilled and Cotterill seems a very composed manager, clearly he knew what he was doing at Brizzle and looks to be doing the sam at brum.

Post subject: Re: Steve Cotterill
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:17 pm 

He's literally played one game mate calm down ffs

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:35 pm 

Did well in L1 with a billionaire owner. But didn't last long after promotion. I think he's ok at this level but the phrase 'journeyman' keeps popping into my head.

But I know fuck all about anything.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:17 pm 
Alby wrote:
He's literally played one game mate calm down ffs

With Birmingham yes, but he's been a FL manager for 15+ years won 3 promotions, a FL Trophy and multiple awards. Im not judging him based on a single Birmingham game ffs Alby :lol:

I rated him before, and was happy for us to be linked with him. Watching the brum game just reminded me of our link.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:37 pm 

Yeah, I remember I was quite happy for him to come here at the time, we could have done a lot worse than him, proven at this level and would have been a good choice if Robbie turned us down

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:57 am 

Tilney left us because the training was too intense under Nielson, so I don't think thats the issue. Its more motivation and game tactics that we appear to be lacking in.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:25 am 

LouisMKD wrote:
Tilney left us because the training was too intense under Nielson, so I don't think thats the issue. Its more motivation and game tactics that we appear to be lacking in.

Was that true or was it an excuse as Tilney realised he was still going to be third / fourth choice left back? At least Cotterill has experience of this league.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:31 am 
ReturnofMoo wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:

Was that true or was it an excuse as Tilney realised he was still going to be third / fourth choice left back? At least Cotterill has experience of this league.

Reckon if Tilney had stayed he'd be getting similar game time to what Brittain has so far this season. We are lucky that we had Brittain coming through last season too, if not I think we would haven noticed Tilney's absence a bit more.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:36 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:

Reckon if Tilney had stayed he'd be getting similar game time to what Brittain has so far this season. We are lucky that we had Brittain coming through last season too, if not I think we would haven noticed Tilney's absence a bit more.

Brittain was 2nd choice and took his opportunity, Lewie is 2nd choice, while Williams can also play left back. I assume when Tilney said he was disillusioned with football he was taking about lack of 1st team opportunities.