THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
 Post subject: Re: Next Manager
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:28 pm 
Toby Carvery wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Gers wrote:
Fucks sake! He hasn't met the players yet because they're all on holiday. He's only left Exeter last Thursday.

Give him a fucking chance. He's been in the job for an hour and sixteen minutes. No fucking wonder I only post on non-footy threads these days. Fuck me!

Well obviously Gers - was I complaining that he hadn't met the players? Nope! I was complaining it took us this long but all the prep/assessment/analysis of the squad will be delayed because of that and that will impact on transfers.

I also said at the end let's give him a chance and see how the window pans out. If the transfers are shit/underwhelming we'll know why.

But how could the appointment of Tisdale gone any quicker?

Well we didn't have to sign him - there are other candidates (admittedly he is a good one). It's only today that anyone from the club has officially said that he was our number one target all along - nobody else knew that.

I'm really happy with Tisdale though, despite all the moaning.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:37 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Toby Carvery wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Gers wrote:
Fucks sake! He hasn't met the players yet because they're all on holiday. He's only left Exeter last Thursday.

Give him a fucking chance. He's been in the job for an hour and sixteen minutes. No fucking wonder I only post on non-footy threads these days. Fuck me!

Well obviously Gers - was I complaining that he hadn't met the players? Nope! I was complaining it took us this long but all the prep/assessment/analysis of the squad will be delayed because of that and that will impact on transfers.

I also said at the end let's give him a chance and see how the window pans out. If the transfers are shit/underwhelming we'll know why.

Well we didn't have to sign him - there are other candidates (admittedly he is a good one). It's only today that anyone from the club has officially said that he was our number one target all along - nobody else knew that.

Everybody knew that. It may not have been announced officially because doing that would be fucking stupid, but it was obvious.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:17 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Toby Carvery wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Gers wrote:

Ask Exeter if we can speak to him would be a start , he was on notice anyway so it's no biggy that he was in the market . Im Sorry, we have to acknowledge we are almost a fucking pub team due to incompetencies and naivety which are far from just management level,
This 100% could have been handled better, no pre season plan from the manager , no out of season plan for the players , no retained list , one player even just walked out . These things help you know and we could have at least tried to avoid it all

That said, Pleased with Tisdale, from here I hope he is offered the kind of back up and support to bounce straight back

Onwards and upwards .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:39 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Oakeedokee wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Good to see Northampton make a lacklustre appointment in giving their caretaker manager a 2 year deal after relegating them. One less team as competition for the better available managers out there.

I don't agree. He's overseen a vast improvement since Hasselbaink got the boot and the fans like him too. They'll do well next season. But true that there's one less team in the managerial race now.

Before his caretaker stint with the Cobblers, he'd only had one managerial job, at Farnborough in non-league, and was sacked after less than a year with a win % of 14 (less than Dan's).
He took over there in difficult circumstances, but as Dan can testify, that gets very little consideration from fans.
I think it's fair to say that he's unproven as a manager and that it's certainly a gamble.

Hope we don't follow suit with Millen. :|

Northampton have sacked Dean Austin after 1 win in 12 games this season, with them 21st in the league.
The gamble didn't work. :)

Maybe chopping and changing managers isn’t the wonder solution it seems to be. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:14 pm 

I wouldn’t bet against Karl Robinson managing either them lot or Peterborough at some point in the future.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:10 am 
FilthyDon wrote:
Good to see Northampton make a lacklustre appointment in giving their caretaker manager a 2 year deal after relegating them. One less team as competition for the better available managers out there.

Northampton have sacked Dean Austin after 1 win in 12 games this season, with them 21st in the league.

Didn't last long did he.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:29 am 

Jose?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:49 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Oakeedokee wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

I don't agree. He's overseen a vast improvement since Hasselbaink got the boot and the fans like him too. They'll do well next season. But true that there's one less team in the managerial race now.

Before his caretaker stint with the Cobblers, he'd only had one managerial job, at Farnborough in non-league, and was sacked after less than a year with a win % of 14 (less than Dan's).
He took over there in difficult circumstances, but as Dan can testify, that gets very little consideration from fans.
I think it's fair to say that he's unproven as a manager and that it's certainly a gamble.

Hope we don't follow suit with Millen. :|

Maybe chopping and changing managers isn’t the wonder solution it seems to be. ;)

You have to be careful what you wish for, just look at Ipswich

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:41 am 

Funny I’ve seen loads of Swansea fans say he’s a hot manager.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:23 am 

Alby wrote:
Funny I’ve seen loads of Swansea fans say he’s a hot manager.

I'm not sure what this means?

My guess is that he meant shit and it's a typo?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next