THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:53 pm 

dons50 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
Don't care, not going, as for today I did go, an absolute shambles from start to finish, every single player, to a man didn't try, absolutely pathetic, embarrassing!

That’s so illogical. Why wouldn’t they try?

I think what Warwickdons is trying to say is - if that was their best effort in a relegation battle, then the squad isn't good enough. Not a single shot on target against a mid-table side whilst we are supposedly fighting for our lives.

Certainly would make me have doubts over effort.

I get they’re playing badly, I get that they might not be good enough, I get that they’re incredibly short of confidence.

I don’t accept that they’re not trying. Why wouldn’t they? What would be the reason for that?

No effort no desire, gave up after first goal, absolutely spineless wankers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:57 am 

Probably not, given how nonplussed most of our fan base is. There were people clapping the players off today ffs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:45 am 

I certainly won’t be hanging around for any kind of lap of appreciation assuming they do one but i certainly won’t be booing or jeering them either.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:06 am 

Warwickdons wrote:
dons50 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
Don't care, not going, as for today I did go, an absolute shambles from start to finish, every single player, to a man didn't try, absolutely pathetic, embarrassing!

I think what Warwickdons is trying to say is - if that was their best effort in a relegation battle, then the squad isn't good enough. Not a single shot on target against a mid-table side whilst we are supposedly fighting for our lives.

I get they’re playing badly, I get that they might not be good enough, I get that they’re incredibly short of confidence.

I don’t accept that they’re not trying. Why wouldn’t they? What would be the reason for that?

I could buy your argument if I could understand why. Why wouldn’t they try?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:11 am 

dons50 wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
dons50 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

They don't give a fuck. They, like ALL footballers, are mercenaries. The vast majority of the team will bugger off at the end of the season and ply their trade elsewhere.

I still, to this day, find it amazing that folk don't get that. They quite literally couldn't care less. And the sooner you, and everyone else, realise it the happier you'll be..

THEY DON'T CARE!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:14 am 

Gers wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
dons50 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

They don't give a fuck. They, like ALL footballers, are mercenaries. The vast majority of the team will bugger off at the end of the season and ply their trade elsewhere.

I still, to this day, find it amazing that folk don't get that. They quite literally couldn't care less. And the sooner you, and everyone else, realise it the happier you'll be..

THEY DON'T CARE!

They are professional footballers, I agree. I get it that they don’t particularly care about our club. Fair enough. But I don’t buy that they aren’t trying to play well. They have careers to develop. They CARE about their careers.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:23 am 

They don't care that you're on here defending them in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, they couldn't care less. They're all asleep. They'll get up at noon, read The Sun, piss about on a PlayStation, perhaps sit outside if the weather keeps up, have dinner, watch shite on the telly. But what they're explicitly not doing is thinking about yesterday, because they don't care.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:24 am 

I believe most of the time when fans complain that players aren't trying they are wrong, but there are exceptions and players are only human. They can become complacent as there isn't competition for their position, they may have the wrong attitude or their contract is coming up and they are worried about getting injured, they believe the manager is on the way out or they are mentally tired / stressed, amongst others.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:33 am 

Gers wrote:
They don't care that you're on here defending them in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, they couldn't care less. They're all asleep. They'll get up at noon, read The Sun, piss about on a PlayStation, perhaps sit outside if the weather keeps up, have dinner, watch shite on the telly. But what they're explicitly not doing is thinking about yesterday, because they don't care.

I agree that most don’t care. That’s not the same as not trying.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:53 am 

Time to play the kids. BTA must start

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next