THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:11 pm 

dons50 wrote:
mightydons wrote:
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
dons50 wrote:
But why toxic? They didn’t want to go down any more than us. They didn’t give up, they kept trying. Disappointment, yes, but no need for toxic. They’re human beings just like us.

This.
It probably will be toxic. But it shouldn't be.
Bigger and better teams than us get relegated to the bottom division.
I'm gutted but they've not done it to spite us. And they're not the enemy. If they've made mistakes they're honest ones. There's no need for a venomous and toxic reaction to our own players, management and owners. IMHO.

This attitude is partly what got us into this mess...spineless

So being nasty to the players will make them play better?

I don’t disagree with you but, it’s a bit late now besides they couldn’t be any worse could they?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:13 pm 

Alby wrote:
Booing. Swearing. Songs. Banners. Standing st the front and telling players to fuck off. Don’t give a shit. They’ve got us relegated and got paid for it. Professional footballers who may find new clubs. Let them fucking hear it. I’m so done with nicities now. As long as nothing violent happens I see nothing wrong with telling them how we feel.

OK but....if they were 'following orders' on how to play it's not their fault is it?
I won't be there (but I wouldn't boo anyway).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:18 pm 

Mate, the reason we lost 4-0 wasn’t managers orders. He could’ve done x amount tactically and believe me I’ve tore him apart today but looking at Chuks barely even try to keep a ball, looking at Lewington and Ward getting caught out on who to mark etc wasn’t Micciche. That was them. It doesn’t always fall back to the manager.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:01 pm 

Don't care, not going, as for today I did go, an absolute shambles from start to finish, every single player, to a man didn't try, absolutely pathetic, embarrassing!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:03 pm 

Warwickdons wrote:
Don't care, not going, as for today I did go, an absolute shambles from start to finish, every single player, to a man didn't try, absolutely pathetic, embarrassing!

That’s so illogical. Why wouldn’t they try?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:17 pm 
dons50 wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

I think what Warwickdons is trying to say is - if that was their best effort in a relegation battle, then the squad isn't good enough. Not a single shot on target against a mid-table side whilst we are supposedly fighting for our lives.

Certainly would make me have doubts over effort.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:19 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

I think what Warwickdons is trying to say is - if that was their best effort in a relegation battle, then the squad isn't good enough. Not a single shot on target against a mid-table side whilst we are supposedly fighting for our lives.

I get they’re playing badly, I get that they might not be good enough, I get that they’re incredibly short of confidence.

I don’t accept that they’re not trying. Why wouldn’t they? What would be the reason for that?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:46 pm 

dons50 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

I get they’re playing badly, I get that they might not be good enough, I get that they’re incredibly short of confidence.

I don’t accept that they’re not trying. Why wouldn’t they? What would be the reason for that?

oh they are trying alright, tying to find a way out agents scouring relegation clauses to find another club and they are all welcome to go, any of them

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:15 pm 
dons50 wrote:

Lots of reasons why they might not be trying as hard as they could be:

1. Looking at the table prior to today there was little hope of reaching safety anyway so not trying as hard
2. Accepting League 2, those that are staying aren't giving 100% as they know their own and the club's fate
3. Those that are out of contract and haven't signed a new deal yet probably hoping for an escape route to avoid L2 so aren't fully committed to the cause
4. General lack of confidence after a rocky season with two different managers, players coming and going
5. Loanees know they won't be here to face the consequences so aren't giving 100% to the cause
6. Those that are staying thinking DM won't last long so don't have to focus on impressing him over the next few weeks/months.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:52 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

Did you go?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next