THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: From the other end...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:17 pm 

Ok, I know it is a Bradford fan's video, but I thought the girl did well - quite well put together, and much better than those "MK Fans TV" effort from last season. One thing that struck me is how sparse the Cowshed seems from the other end of SMK :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD8rAS61WrM

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:31 pm 
Production value and editing skills through the roof

Last edited by FilthyDon on Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:07 am 

Galverion wrote:
One thing that struck me is how sparse the Cowshed seems from the other end of SMK :

I've always thought the corners should be shut.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:08 am 

She is very good, fair play to her.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:20 am 

Having done a few of these myself (ironically under the Sit Down Or We'll Steal Your Club banner. Still on YouTube kids), I can attest to how time consuming they are. So kudos to her. But she's far to young to bother with pubs in a Saturday night, so it's time well spent.

They actually parked beside me, and the old fella was very pleasant indeed. Brief chat on the walk to the ground, none of the usual franchise rubbish, and wished me good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:31 am 

Gers wrote:
Having done a few of these myself (ironically under the Sit Down Or We'll Steal Your Club banner. Still on YouTube kids), I can attest to how time consuming they are. So kudos to her. But she's far to young to bother with pubs in a Saturday night, so it's time well spent.

They actually parked beside me, and the old fella was very pleasant indeed. Brief chat on the walk to the ground, none of the usual franchise rubbish, and wished me good luck.

Yes I agree, my daughters wedding, we had a professional photographer who did stills but a family friend who works for a large camera type organisation filmed some video, he and his friend at work edited it, put it to music etc, the end result was superb, better than the professional imo. It took them an enormous amount of time to do it. So as you say she wasn't going to go to the pub last night but bear in mind they had a very long journey home so I think she deserves a great deal of credit.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:14 pm 

Locutus wrote:
Galverion wrote:
One thing that struck me is how sparse the Cowshed seems from the other end of SMK :

The problem is that for most matches the bottom rows of seats are normally empty, sometimes as far as half-way up the Cowshed...so although we may not notice it as much at the top of the Cowshed, from a distance it can look just half full. Whereas of course the away fans are all together in 1 or 2 sections, from the top rows down to the bottom, so looks much better.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:55 pm 

Galverion wrote:
Locutus wrote:
Galverion wrote:

The problem is that for most matches the bottom rows of seats are normally empty, sometimes as far as half-way up the Cowshed...so although we may not notice it as much at the top of the Cowshed, from a distance it can look just half full. Whereas of course the away fans are all together in 1 or 2 sections, from the top rows down to the bottom, so looks much better.

Maybe we should allow standing in the Cowshed, so much better. We could sell the seats to Peterborough!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:45 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
Galverion wrote:
Locutus wrote:
Galverion wrote:

Maybe we should allow standing in the Cowshed, so much better. We could sell the seats to Peterborough!

Lol ! Indeed, the seats at Posh are awful - probably go back to the 1940s ! And no leg room there either.

I would love to see the day there is "safe standing" at SMK, even if just in a small number of areas. There is significant momentum on this issue now, as a couple of months ago the Liverpool Fans' Organisation voted to progress on principle the idea for safe standing areas in England, and of course significant as it is Liverpool. Celtic have successfully trialed safe standing for about 3 seasons now.

At SMK there could easily be safe standing as well as seating areas, so everyone can be happy. I am sure it does not go unnoticed anyway that most away fans at SMK stand for the whole match as it is.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:49 pm 

This is the article on the Liverpool vote :

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... of-shankly