THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:04 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:23 pm 

That's it really, newish gaffer, newish player's, Rome wasn't built in a day.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:28 pm 
Warwickdons wrote:

Shrewsbury’s manager has been in charge a similar length of time as Neilson, and they had a similar squad turnover, spending far less than we have. Same could be argued for Oxford and one or two other clubs doing better than us.

No excuses now, Neilson has been in charge long enough and the players have been together 2+ months, most of our players are allegedly Championship calibre either on loan or plenty of similar experience.

We need to stop being so defensively minded against the better sides, we’re not good enough in attack to do that, even if it works against the weaker teams.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:45 pm 

Whatever. keep calm and listen to The Ramones...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9YMTJGkqTc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:12 pm 

Warwickdons wrote:

Platitudinal but sensible none the less.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:14 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

Shrewsbury’s manager has been in charge a similar length of time as Neilson, and they had a similar squad turnover, spending far less than we have. Same could be argued for Oxford and one or two other clubs doing better than us.

No excuses now, Neilson has been in charge long enough and the players have been together 2+ months, most of our players are allegedly Championship calibre either on loan or plenty of similar experience.

We need to stop being so defensively minded against the better sides, we’re not good enough in attack to do that, even if it works against the weaker teams.

Oh dear... you don't seem to be happy Filthy. Not just with regards to football. Are things going OK fella?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:37 pm 
keyser soze wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

Oh dear... you don't seem to be happy Filthy. Not just with regards to football. Are things going OK fella?

Well, X Factor was only on for an hour and a half tonight instead of two hours, maybe thats it?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:25 am 

Warwickdons wrote:

I say we feed Tshibola to the lions.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:47 am 

I think it's hard to judge things off the back of yesterday.

Down to 10 men after 5 minutes made it a 1 way street against a team doing well. At 2-1 down we were playing well but they appeared to be able to cut through us at will.

Ebanks-Landell looked excellent yesterday. A unit to say the least.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:58 am 

Yeah we just need to write yesterday off. Down to 10 men after 5 minutes was probably the worst thing that could have happened and it was asking a lot to expect a decent performance against a good team. It was the perfect game to judge if we have improved at all since the Wigan game. Very frustrating.

Just hope it has dented their confidence and we can go again on Saturday.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:01 am 
LouisMKD wrote:
Yeah we just need to write yesterday off. Down to 10 men after 5 minutes was probably the worst thing that could have happened and it was asking a lot to expect a decent performance against a good team. It was the perfect game to judge if we have improved at all since the Wigan game. Very frustrating.

Just hope it has dented their confidence and we can go again on Saturday.

Well we're without Tshibola for 3 games so that's a confidence booster in itself.

Plus Brittain and Cissé will be back.

How long is Golbourne out for does anyone know?