THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ethan Ebanks-Landell
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:51 am 

Defensively we were a shambles on Saturday, none of the back 3/4/5? Or however many we were actually playing at the back were much cop. As far as the OG was concerned EEL had to go for it, he'd have been equally slated had he just trusted the keeper to collect and it'd gone in. Tactically we were not at the races and had grigg and powell stayed on it could have been REALLY embarrassing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:04 pm 

How many of you have been to games lately and seen wootton play and EEL play, how on earth any of you think Wootton is worse then EEL I don’t know , yes at times wootton has been leaky in defence but he has been a much more solid defender under DM, I think wootton , ward and Lewie have been the best defensive pairings this season at the club , EEL had a good game against Blackpool and Blackburn but other than that and maybe 10-15 mins against Gillingham he has been an absolute shambles , he can’t deal with one on ones , he doesn’t stand a chance against a player running through and he likes to watch balls into the net (Wigan’s 4th) not to mention the fact we travelled to oxford to watch EEL single handily cost us that game he was absolutely useless in dealing with the same ball that oxford played over and over again for the counter knowing that they had him all the time . I think if we stand any chance of staying up we need to not allow EEL anywhere near the back line again and we need to use Asante or ugbo instead of Agard , with tavernier coming back that will be a huge boost and hopefully allow us to create more attacking threats

Another point to make is , EEL gets promoted last season as champions with Sheffield United but has to return back to league one again as not deemed strong enough to go any higher that says it all really.

Rant over , now why don’t we all concentrate on one very important matter and that is getting behind the boys every minute of the remaining 5 games and be the 12th man they really need we need to be the loudest and most vocal we have ever been
We may have tough fixtures but they are capable of beating all the teams remaining just look back at the enslaught we gave Blackburn second half.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:13 pm 

Krissw92 wrote:
How many of you have been to games lately and seen wootton play and EEL play, how on earth any of you think Wootton is worse then EEL I don’t know , yes at times wootton has been leaky in defence but he has been a much more solid defender under DM, I think wootton , ward and Lewie have been the best defensive pairings this season at the club , EEL had a good game against Blackpool and Blackburn but other than that and maybe 10-15 mins against Gillingham he has been an absolute shambles , he can’t deal with one on ones , he doesn’t stand a chance against a player running through and he likes to watch balls into the net (Wigan’s 4th) not to mention the fact we travelled to oxford to watch EEL single handily cost us that game he was absolutely useless in dealing with the same ball that oxford played over and over again for the counter knowing that they had him all the time . I think if we stand any chance of staying up we need to not allow EEL anywhere near the back line again and we need to use Asante or ugbo instead of Agard , with tavernier coming back that will be a huge boost and hopefully allow us to create more attacking threats

Another point to make is , EEL gets promoted last season as champions with Sheffield United but has to return back to league one again as not deemed strong enough to go any higher that says it all really.

Rant over , now why don’t we all concentrate on one very important matter and that is getting behind the boys every minute of the remaining 5 games and be the 12th man they really need we need to be the loudest and most vocal we have ever been
We may have tough fixtures but they are capable of beating all the teams remaining just look back at the enslaught we gave Blackburn second half.

I'd agree with quite a lot of this but not so sure about the above!
Oh well. Queue Sarah Sarah.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:17 pm 
Krissw92 wrote:

Nice try Scotty.

People have such short term memories on here. Look back at the highlights of our games this season, you will see Wootton is just as error prone as EEL if not more.

Just off the top of my head - red card for fouling last man against Wigan on opening day, gave a pen away by pulling a guy's shirt against Southend, at least three goals where he simply either didn't jump for a ball in the air and the opposition player did and scored, or let the ball just bounce over his head with no attempt to go for it.

Don't get me wrong, EEL has been awful too (and certainly made more high profile/obvious errors like passing to attackers), but at least he's contributed a couple of goals this season.

People like to single out EEL because his mistakes are clear, but watch Wootton closer and look at how many goals we've conceded that he has a hand in and you'll see.

Both have been very poor this season.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:22 pm 

Krissw92 wrote:

Was going to say I’m not sure ugbo offers anymore than Agard but thinking about it I just don’t think Ugbo offers anything whatsoever as the Barnsley fans pointed out on their forum. Would definitely play Asante though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:30 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Krissw92 wrote:

Nice try Scotty.

People have such short term memories on here. Look back at the highlights of our games this season, you will see Wootton is just as error prone as EEL if not more.

Just off the top of my head - red card for fouling last man against Wigan on opening day, gave a pen away by pulling a guy's shirt against Southend, at least three goals where he simply either didn't jump for a ball in the air and the opposition player did and scored, or let the ball just bounce over his head with no attempt to go for it.

Don't get me wrong, EEL has been awful too (and certainly made more high profile/obvious errors like passing to attackers), but at least he's contributed a couple of goals this season.

People like to single out EEL because his mistakes are clear, but watch Wootton closer and look at how many goals we've conceded that he has a hand in and you'll see.

Both have been very poor this season.

As stated in my post I have said yes wootton has been very leaky at the back but this is about the present and not the past under that useless Scotsman neilson, wootton didn’t have the best of times when playing under him and that was because neilson was a much more negative manager he never had a game plan and he states in one of his early press conferences that he goes to games to adapt to the opposition which is the biggest load of rubbish ever you go to a game with a game plan and not let your opposition take control. Anyway enough about that useless manager I am talking about under the current leadership of DM he has brought the best out of wootton and like previously stated he has looked a much more solid defender and sitting in alongside ward and Lewie it has look much more controlled at the back.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:38 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Krissw92 wrote:

Was going to say I’m not sure ugbo offers anymore than Agard but thinking about it I just don’t think Ugbo offers anything whatsoever as the Barnsley fans pointed out on their forum. Would definitely play Asante though.

I don’t think ugbo has been given enough of a chance to be fair , games he has playing in he has brought the ball down well and got into scoring areas whereas Agard just runs away from it and tries to make little stamp jumps to try scare a defender as he doesn’t bother in attempt to get the ball , full credit to agard he probably covers the most area on the pitch but that’s because he runs 20 yards away from it to then run back at it to try get it. Asante has been a great spark in the side and has look dangerous when coming forward my only concern is would he make as much impact in a game starting or is he that impact sub we are liking right now , he needs the chance and I think he should be given it. We have also got tavernier coming back for a much need boost in the attacking threat aswell as Tymon coming back to hopefully release muirhead from LWB and actually into the attacking role where he has been very effective for us.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:18 pm 

BLT is a really nice young man; have met him twice.
His heart is most def with the club. No doubting his 'passion' for us whatsoever.
Deserves a shot certainly.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:38 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
BLT is a really nice young man; have met him twice.
His heart is most def with the club. No doubting his 'passion' for us whatsoever.
Deserves a shot certainly.

There is no doubt about his passion for the club he always gives his everything and that is what we need for these remaining games , we need players on the pitch and the bench that are 100% focused to this club , we can’t be having players in that arent here to give their best and certainly don’t need players like EEL stepping on the pitch again , he isn’t bothered one bit what happens he is on loan here and isn’t performing how he should be, the other players in on loan here are giving a lot for the club when called upon just got to look at ward , Tymon when he has played , tavernier which we haven’t had enough of.

I know that they also say one man doesn’t make a team but we have heavily missed Gilbey and I feel if we had him we wouldn’t be down in this mess

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:13 pm 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... APL Champion 2017/18 Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 19/20
FilthyDon wrote:
People have such short term memories on here.
This.
Laughably goldfish, selective and/or rose-tinted memories too.

21/22 26 11 _9 89 LM 3rd

05/06 12 14 20 50 DW 22nd R
22/23 11 12 23 45 lm/MJ 21st R
17/18 11 12 23 45 rn/DM 23rd R
15/16 _9 12 25 39 KR 23rd R

LS: A rocky start, that's all it is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next