THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Lewie & Defence
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:50 am 

The guy that sits directly behind me started on Lewie before a ball was kicked. Calling him all sorts of the most vile nonsense. His language is choice at the best of times, but he definitely outdid himself this week. I don't think calling Lewie a back and front all game does anyone any favours. Especially the guy himself, who has a pre- school child with him most weeks.

Then the irony of the situation being that when I turn around and give him a quizzical look, he gives me the thumbs up saying "Rubbish isn't he, take him off Robbie".

Takes all sorts I suppose.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:55 am 

So good to have Gers and Keyser back.

Half of what they write is bollocks, of course, but it's so entertaining. :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:55 am 

Gers wrote:
The guy that sits directly behind me started on Lewie before a ball was kicked. Calling him all sorts of the most vile nonsense. His language is choice at the best of times, but he definitely outdid himself this week. I don't think calling Lewie a back and front all game does anyone any favours. Especially the guy himself, who has a pre- school child with him most weeks.

Then the irony of the situation being that when I turn around and give him a quizzical look, he gives me the thumbs up saying "Rubbish isn't he, take him off Robbie".

I hate it when people do this. Should send Lewie round to his place of work and let Lewie shout abuse at him for 90 minutes see if it encourages him to work harder......

We were up against it all match and Lewie seemed just as exposed as Williams did, who seemed to only get out of a number of situation's because of his pace, but was beaten enough times to warrant comment if you ask me. I don't remember Lewie doing that badly.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:58 am 

southstandwind wrote:
Gers wrote:

I hate it when people do this. Should send Lewie round to his place of work and let Lewie shout abuse at him for 90 minutes see if it encourages him to work harder......

We were up against it all match and Lewie seemed just as exposed as Williams did, who seemed to only get out of a number of situation's because of his pace, but was beaten enough times to warrant comment if you ask me. I don't remember Lewie doing that badly.

Some people seem to make their judgments before the game starts.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:01 am 

This guy really is a massive pain in the arse. Gives a running commentary each week, often telling Robbie this or that player is shit and should be taken off. He's so annoying, that when my son's in the country (which isn't very often these days) he refuses to sit in front of him.

Getting back to the OP, Lewie obviously isn't the player he was a few seasons ago, but he's far from shit at this level.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:13 am 

I said prior to the game that we would miss Callum Brittain most and that would seem the case.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:49 pm 

Gers wrote:

I had a new guy in front of me on Saturday. If his grandchildren wanted to go somewhere he made them climb into my row and make me stand up rather than stand up himself. When I protested when it happened for the 7th time in 30 minutes he seemed awfully confused at my complaint.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:53 pm 

In the second half I moved to the end of my normal row to get away from him. Fella behind me, noticing that Chucks had come on opined that we'd gone 3-5-2...

Think about that for a minute.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:14 am 

Don Direction wrote:
Lewie's pass but Tshibola in the position that he had to foul and hence was sent off. Watch it again, poor pass from Lewie.

:lol: :lol: Is this a joke or are you serious? Not much wrong with Lewington's pass at all. Talk about trying to pass blame.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:18 am 

LouisMKD wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
Lewie's pass but Tshibola in the position that he had to foul and hence was sent off. Watch it again, poor pass from Lewie.

:lol: :lol: Is this a joke or are you serious? Not much wrong with Lewington's pass at all. Talk about trying to pass blame.

I watched it again and even I disagree with myself. With Tshibola, I want to believe.