THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:40 pm 

I've had a few now :roll: :roll: :roll:
BUT is there too much emphasis on 'the future' (IE all this training ground stuff being ...whatever.... compliant...and er basically signing good players to get us promoted (ha ha- I know...'promotion'...)
This isn't meant as 'a provocative statement' (ya know me dudes) just general rambling stuff...
WTF burp belch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:59 am 

Aliramone wrote:
I've had a few now :roll: :roll: :roll:
BUT is there too much emphasis on 'the future' (IE all this training ground stuff being ...whatever.... compliant...and er basically signing good players to get us promoted (ha ha- I know...'promotion'...)
This isn't meant as 'a provocative statement' (ya know me dudes) just general rambling stuff...
WTF burp belch

We've got a good chance of getting promoted next season (if we get relegated this season).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:44 pm 

Any mention on the impact of possible relegation?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:16 pm 

No problems for the report and thanks for the welcome. I only really made notes for my own memory's sake but as I've only seen on the dot on twitter putting more than the odd bit out I thought Itd keep me busy for abit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:27 pm 

Lord Doogle wrote:
Any mention on the impact of possible relegation?

I honestly can't remember relegation being brought up once. I'm sure the money men and Pete have drawn up plans for next year if it was to happen but on the playing side I really feel there's nothing but positive vibes.

I heard dan talking after the forum to a fan and obviously to be taken with a pinch of salt but Gilbey and Chuks have both said they will be here next season. Gilbeys made no secret of that on twitter and Chuks obviously could go to a higher level but maybe a season in league 2 to prove his fitness doubts once and for all and to get a fat signing on fee if he goes as a free agent come next summer wouldn't be the worst thing for him

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:31 pm 

Gs4e wrote:
I heard dan talking after the forum to a fan and obviously to be taken with a pinch of salt but Gilbey and Chuks have both said they will be here next season. Gilbeys made no secret of that on twitter and Chuks obviously could go to a higher level but maybe a season in league 2 to prove his fitness doubts once and for all and to get a fat signing on fee if he goes as a free agent come next summer wouldn't be the worst thing for him

If it's correct, I find the Chuks news astonishing, in a good way. He would destroy L2. It would almost make relegation worth it!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:39 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Gs4e wrote:

If it's correct, I find the Chuks news astonishing, in a good way. He would destroy L2. It would almost make relegation worth it!

Mancrush.

Ever since I saw him grinding to the music on his headphones at the cash machine at Shell Leadenhall. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:18 pm 
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Gs4e wrote:
Dan has said he's had agents of players he managed from his England years in contact. Hopefully this means a few more players of a Harvey Barnes sort of quality.

Angel Gomes, please. :D

Massive plus point for us having a manager like Micciche. He might not have the experience compared to a lot of candidates, but he has to be right at the very top in terms of contacts and the potential to bring in top young loanees - either players he coached with England U16 or just knows through that set-up.

I know KR had a lot of links through his old Liverpool academy coaching days, but Micciche has to be a level above that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:20 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Gs4e wrote:

There's a small part of me that's relishing a season in League 2. (just one though)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7