THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:04 am 

Camdenite wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

Which why I said Bowl / Furzton. I don't know if it can take 19 pitches (11 full size) but it might. Happy to do a tour if you like. :D

Are you talking about flattening the bowl itself or filling in Furzton Lake?

I fitted 18 pitches with a club building and an extra building in easily smart arse. I'm sure the professionals with the right tools can add another one.

Attachment:
Bowl Furzton Pitches.jpg
Bowl Furzton Pitches.jpg [ 30.31 KiB | Viewed 622 times ]

P.S. I have just been for a walk around Furzton Lake and you can fit two pitches where the circle is, making 19 full football pitches without the need of using Knowlhill.

Last edited by ReturnofMoo on Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:06 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
I fitted 18 pitches with a club building and an extra building in easily smart arse. I'm sure the professionals with the right tools can add another one.

Yes, you did indeed fit eighteen pitches in, you just had to spread out to Elfield Park, Bleak Hall and Knowlhill to do it!

We could still be EPPP2 compliant spread across two sites, so it’s not unfeasible that Pete puts the first team requeirements there and the junior pitches and support buildings elsewhere, but I just don’t see it happening.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:23 am 

Camdenite wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

Yes, you did indeed fit eighteen pitches in, you just had to spread out to Elfield Park, Bleak Hall and Knowlhill to do it!

We could still be EPPP2 compliant spread across two sites, so it’s not unfeasible that Pete puts the first team requeirements there and the junior pitches and support buildings elsewhere, but I just don’t see it happening.

Two points about that. (1) Since I haven't got the software I only crudely drew the pitches and made them a lot of them bigger than the should be, so you can probably fit more in (2) I used the available land in the area. None are in Bleak Hall and only one in Knowlhill. All I suggested that the club look at the Bowl / Furzton again and showed that the space might be there.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Ble ... -0.7530117

Last edited by ReturnofMoo on Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:39 am 

Could a chav that actually attended give a summary? Reading the posts so far, it's a bally mess just like the training ground (said repeatedly).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:04 am 

Never really liked the idea of using the Bowl. Appreciate it's rarely used albeit for a car boot sale but it's easily one of our most iconic sites. Just felt it had the potential to piss even more people off. :lol:

Equally pleased the other wacky ideas for that site haven't come off, the waterworld thing and that BMX course they talked about. :?

A training ground on the Bowl.... Ouss Cisse walking in the footsteps of Bowie, Mercury and MJ. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:06 am 

Camdenite wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

Ahh you got that last paragraph in before me.....

Yes. Pete dropped a massive clue when he did that last 30minute interview and, completely out of the blue, announced how East West Rail might affect things.

That confused the hell out of me at the time as neither proposed site is anywhere near the proposed railway line, but maybe there’s another option on the table that would tie up with a station on the Marston Vale Line or out towards Winslow?

I don't understand how East West Rail would impact on the training ground. There are no new stations planned on the Marston Vale line, and the new station for Winslow has been well known for some time.

The only possibility would be if a proposed construction compound (for storage, site cabins, etc.) was to be sited on one of the proposed sites, but that would indicate that there is a third, previously unmentioned site that the club is looking at as there are no plans for the East West Rail project to use any land the football club is currently using. Such a situation would mean the club would have to wait until construction of the line has finished before they could build the training ground, which might be the "significant delay" that was mentioned. There's a site near Newton Longville that could be suitable after EWR have finished with it......

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:09 am 

midland don wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

Ahh you got that last paragraph in before me.....

Yes. Pete dropped a massive clue when he did that last 30minute interview and, completely out of the blue, announced how East West Rail might affect things.

That confused the hell out of me at the time as neither proposed site is anywhere near the proposed railway line, but maybe there’s another option on the table that would tie up with a station on the Marston Vale Line or out towards Winslow?

I don't understand how East West Rail would impact on the training ground. There are no new stations planned on the Marston Vale line, and the new station for Winslow has been well known for some time.

The only possibility would be if a proposed construction compound (for storage, site cabins, etc.) was to be sited on one of the proposed sites, but that would indicate that there is a third, previously unmentioned site that the club is looking at as there are no plans for the East West Rail project to use any land the football club is currently using. Such a situation would mean the club would have to wait until construction of the line has finished before they could build the training ground, which might be the "significant delay" that was mentioned. There's a site near Newton Longville that could be suitable after EWR have finished with it......

Seen this today from @Phil_MKD on twitter;

Tickford fields delayed due to council looking to maximise their returns from planning with site due to be surrounded by houses. Cosgrove delays due to half ground being a flood plain, not an MK council and also having to work with village residents.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:37 pm 

I would assume a major issue with Cosgrove is getting planning approved. The majority of Cosgrove either falls within village conservation area boundaries, Grand union canal conservation area boundaries and it's full of listed buildings with heritage impact restrictions. On top of that, it's on a floodplain which would require major works to waterways to accommodate groundworks which in turn impacts wildlife etc...

I live there and have had major headaches with the council just making minor improvements to my house.

To try and get 19 football pitches, plus accommodation approved is no small task. Id' be very surprised if it goes ahead.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:49 pm 

MATTHEW wrote:
I would assume a major issue with Cosgrove is getting planning approved. The majority of Cosgrove either falls within village conservation area boundaries, Grand union canal conservation area boundaries and it's full of listed buildings with heritage impact restrictions. On top of that, it's on a floodplain which would require major works to waterways to accommodate groundworks which in turn impacts wildlife etc...

I live there and have had major headaches with the council just making minor improvements to my house.

To try and get 19 football pitches, plus accommodation approved is no small task. Id' be very surprised if it goes ahead.

I can't understand why the club paid for the land before looking into the conditions involved.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:05 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
MATTHEW wrote:

I can't understand why the club paid for the land before looking into the conditions involved.

I'm guessing because land sold as seen costs 'X amount' , but land sold with the planning permission already approved or a high probability of getting planning permission approved costs significantly more!

i.e farmland may cost £20k per hectare, but with residential planning permission the price would be more like £2M..

Pete has rolled the dice...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next