THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:54 pm 

Scribble wrote:

I didn’t raise the issue about hotels, yes I realise accommodation is needed within the complex, it seems neither proposed site is currently acceptable, time to move on and find somewhere that is, we have to progress at a faster pace as this is now a complete mess

Sorry, I thought you said we’re a football club not a hotelier.

Major political decisions taken recently regarding the growth of MK in terms of housing mean that the city (town, whatever...) is set to grow a lot quicker than anticipated over the next twenty years. That will mean there’s far less available land for housing than is required. With that growth comes increased pressure to build schools, police stations, fire stations etc, on land that may have been previously ear-marked for other things. That’s going to put pressure on decisions over planning permissions for ventures like our training ground.

I also have a hunch that East West Rail link has a big part to play in the local plan currently and until certain decision are made about that then other infrastructure decisions are on hold.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:57 pm 

Think the term OTD used was significant delay. That may not necessarily mean problems. Andy Cullen is always very careful on this.

For instance, and this is just a guess, I would imagine Tickford may be held up while the politics of the Oxford - MK - Cambridge arc rumbles on.

However seeing as it was confirmed we have actually bought the land now, we are actually slightly further along than the last time we looked at that site, when those 10 Bradwell residents managed to kybosh the whole purchase.

ReturnofMoo wrote:

Which why I said Bowl / Furzton. I don't know if it can take 19 pitches (11 full size) but it might. Happy to do a tour if you like. :D

Are you talking about flattening the bowl itself or filling in Furzton Lake?

FilthyDon wrote:
midfielder wrote:
I think the plan was to build a hotel etc and use the revenue to pay for the rest of the development. Unless I dreamt it from somewhere.

Whatever the reason, it's an absolute joke.

I'm sure the club are doing everything they can, but when they don't provide specific details as to why there are hold ups, it just makes everyone involved look incompetent.

I remember them talking about this nearly a decade ago. Kingston have had their plans created, approved and construction work begun during that time for an entire stadium - and that wasn't easy in itself with the politics of the Greyhound stadium.

I can assure you that this isn’t the only construction project with planning problems.

Camdenite wrote:
Scribble wrote:

I didn’t raise the issue about hotels, yes I realise accommodation is needed within the complex, it seems neither proposed site is currently acceptable, time to move on and find somewhere that is, we have to progress at a faster pace as this is now a complete mess

Sorry, I thought you said we’re a football club not a hotelier.

Major political decisions taken recently regarding the growth of MK in terms of housing mean that the city (town, whatever...) is set to grow a lot quicker than anticipated over the next twenty years. That will mean there’s far less available land for housing than is required. With that growth comes increased pressure to build schools, police stations, fire stations etc, on land that may have been previously ear-marked for other things. That’s going to put pressure on decisions over planning permissions for ventures like our training ground.

I also have a hunch that East West Rail link has a big part to play in the local plan currently and until certain decision are made about that then other infrastructure decisions are on hold.

Ahh you got that last paragraph in before me.....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:03 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:

Yes. Pete dropped a massive clue when he did that last 30minute interview and, completely out of the blue, announced how East West Rail might affect things.

That confused the hell out of me at the time as neither proposed site is anywhere near the proposed railway line, but maybe there’s another option on the table that would tie up with a station on the Marston Vale Line or out towards Winslow?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:10 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

Yes. Pete dropped a massive clue when he did that last 30minute interview and, completely out of the blue, announced how East West Rail might affect things.

That confused the hell out of me at the time as neither proposed site is anywhere near the proposed railway line, but maybe there’s another option on the table that would tie up with a station on the Marston Vale Line or out towards Winslow?

Although interesting that we have actually now bought the site. Last I heard we only had permission to buy it.

May make a profit selling it back. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:44 pm 

total embarrassment this training ground thing we are looking like imbeciles, even those tossers at wimbledon have this sorted out need to look at land available around the new winslow station, lots of development going on there and expanding the towns boundary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:05 pm 
dons50 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
midfielder wrote:
I think the plan was to build a hotel etc and use the revenue to pay for the rest of the development. Unless I dreamt it from somewhere.

I'm sure the club are doing everything they can, but when they don't provide specific details as to why there are hold ups, it just makes everyone involved look incompetent.

I remember them talking about this nearly a decade ago. Kingston have had their plans created, approved and construction work begun during that time for an entire stadium - and that wasn't easy in itself with the politics of the Greyhound stadium.

I can assure you that this isn’t the only construction project with planning problems.

Obviously not. Wish the club would just be straight about it though and specify what the issue is. That way perhaps fans can pressure the decision makers at the other end.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:11 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
midfielder wrote:

Obviously not. Wish the club would just be straight about it though and specify what the issue is. That way perhaps fans can pressure the decision makers at the other end.

You’re a bit naiive if you think that’s possible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next