THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: What Bury said
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:21 am 

"Whatever you do, don't go out for a walk in the dark, the place (MK) is so featureless you'll never find your way back again. "

"Ridiculous penalty for them...total dive"

"We should also practise and encourage cheating like all other clubs do to us. "

"Northampton are now on a bad run and Rochdale are too far behind the pack, I suspect MK will join us in the 4 to be relegated. "

"Just the thought of Stevenage and Crawley next season is truly depressing."

"MK Donkeys roasted " the Spud" Edwards twice today for 2 penalties.."

"Just seen the video of the goals, both the penalties were blatant dives"

That is about it, not much really is it ?

Post subject: Re: What Bury said
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:16 am 
Back in old'n times we called this View From The Other Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:05 am 

Quote:
Diving has been around for decades and is part of the game (Klinsmann was a trailblazer for diving). Abroad they see it as part of the game, a margin, shrug their shoulders and move on - the culture here is that it's all about principle and diving is cheating - abroad they'd think 'got us 3 points so who cares?'..maybe if FIFA won't clamp down then maybe we should just get better at diving? MK Dons won't be shedding any tears over it that's for sure

Anyone want to shed any tears for them?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:09 am 

I fine all the condemnation of diving quite amusing. People are happy with Lewie winning fouls all over the place, happy for their players to appeal for a throw in that is obviously the opposition’s, but condemn divers. There’s no difference in principle, it’s all deliberately breaking the rules, or cheating if you prefer that term.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:49 am 

Neither looked like a dive to me. The second should have been a handball seconds before anyway.

Bury were a very poor side so blaming the ref is all they’ve got.

But then I think Sow was pretty decent so what do I know?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:03 am 

Pawlett went looking for the first. Same as he did at Charlton. However, if you’re a defender and leave a leg dangling when a player is coming at you like that then you (just about) deserve to be punished.

Difficult to tell on the BT-A one as there were too many bodies in the way to see if was clipped when on the way through. Again though, he had the momentum in the box. Refs often swayed by that. Anyway, it should have been a penalty for the handball two seconds before, so they can’t really moan about that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:07 am 

Camdenite wrote:
Pawlett went looking for the first. Same as he did at Charlton. However, if you’re a defender and leave a leg dangling when a player is coming at you like that then you (just about) deserve to be punished.

Difficult to tell on the BT-A one as there were too many bodies in the way to see if was clipped when on the way through. Again though, he had the momentum in the box. Refs often swayed by that. Anyway, it should have been a penalty for the handball two seconds before, so they can’t really moan about that.

Pee-Paw definitely went looking for it but there’s no such thing as a soft penalty, a foul outside the box is a foul inside the box.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:18 am 

If they want to whinge let them. Let them also let them take a look on replay at how Chucks was hugged/grappled/manhandled every time a ball was passed to him. F- all from the ref or linos who have to have been aware of it.

They got nastier as the game went on, culminating with ANOTHER deliberate elbow to the head (in this case of BTA) at the very end. I'm not sure we played the full extra 5 but maybe the ref thought 'someones going to get hurt here' - an elbow into an eye socket. Not nice.
I've no sympathy.

Very disappointed that there appears to have been no abuse concerning franchises/joke clubs/empty grounds/whole football world despising...etc :ugeek: :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:37 am 

I can’t talk norvern so no idea what they’re saying innit. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:22 pm 

First penalty was tight, could have gone either way. Second penalty, none of the Bury players are complaining, they all know it's a penalty