THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: A media whipping boy
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:14 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
dons50 wrote:
He's a good player who isn't playing particularly well, but nowhere near as badly as the hysteria would suggest.

Can you provide the evidence to back that information up. He's shit, my evidence, watch the games he's played for mkdons. No further questions m'laud.

Robbie has watched all those games too.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:16 pm 
dons50 wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
dons50 wrote:
He's a good player who isn't playing particularly well, but nowhere near as badly as the hysteria would suggest.

Can you provide the evidence to back that information up. He's shit, my evidence, watch the games he's played for mkdons. No further questions m'laud.

Maybe Robbie isn't as good a judge of players as we think? Fair play to him though, he recognised Tshibola was to blame today and put it all on him in his post-match interview.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:19 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Yes and has he got it right every game? No and I say that as a Robbie fan. All the comments from numerous commentators, fans from at least two different clubs, a manager who played at the highest level and has managed in the premier league seem to think differently. We aren't all wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:20 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Maybe Robbie isn't as good a judge of players as we think? .

He’s likely to be better than us.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:29 pm 

He’s a player with potential, and I’d say Robbie has been picking him to try and push him on and give the lad confidence. It’s not working out though, and at some point the manager will recognise that. I think he may have done that today after the comments he’s made.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:37 pm 

dons50 wrote:

Totally overrated, he's too weak for this league

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:54 pm 

nickgt6 wrote:
He’s a player with potential, and I’d say Robbie has been picking him to try and push him on and give the lad confidence. It’s not working out though, and at some point the manager will recognise that. I think he may have done that today after the comments he’s made.

Yup. he needs to 'fight for his place' now. FFS it cannot now be 'an automatic right'.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:17 pm 

My biggest beef is his lack of effort - we can debate if he’s any good or not but some average players have made it big with limited talent because of the work rate and effort - he looks like he could not give a shit and hardly breaks a sweat

That’s was pisses me off !!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:22 pm 

My frustration regarding the squad, not just Tshibola, is that for the money we’re paying we could have had any number of journeymen pro’s that know their way around league one (Bradford were widely mocked for signing bang average players like Poleon, Taylor & Chicksen) and don’t make the sort of mistakes that cost you games on a regular basis. I can see what Robbie is trying to do; you’ve got have players that will develop and can play a level above (the aforementioned Bradford trio never will) and that’s been a mark of his signings, but it really shouldn’t extend to loanees. They’re here for a season only and need to make an immediate impact.

He’ll persevere with Tshibola, and as a player he WILL develop this season, but quite frankly that’s not what it should be about. It was a recurring theme during Robbo’s tenure that we just bought in lads on loan a year too early, but it has to stop. If you can’t contribute in the here and now, then go do your learning somewhere else.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:24 am 

Why should MK Dons FC suffer because we promised him/Villa he would get some games??

We should pick our best team on form and that doesn't include him. It's the same trappings as Gallagher and Cole before him. We paid out money and we promised him/Villa games. This is why he chose us over the two Championship clubs and it isn't working.

I hope he has a long hard look at himself for the duration of the suspension as we need battlers not wet lettuces.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next