THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 7:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: A media whipping boy
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:15 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
leodon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Alby wrote:
There is talent in there somewhere. Maybe the sending off will be a blessing in disguise and he comes back better like MacKenzie did after his red against Charlton.

Thing is, as we have a season long loan sending him back won't benefit us at all now especially as we'd all be bemoaning a lack of depth with one less midfield man until January. He really needs a game where not just everything goes right for him but for the team too. We really need a 3-0 win where the midfield runs everything and he can help stand out.

Let him sit out next match and we can see what happens when he's back in the side. If he continues being bad then we know to find someone new in January. But right now it's pointless and won't benefit us at all.

But why should he just waltz back in? This is the point I am making. If he is that bad then what makes him think he is the first name on the team sheet? If the player who replaces him plays well then why would he just be allowed to start?

I am not saying get rid of him. I want it to work, like I do for all our players but I get the feeling that he is either not as good as the £5 million states or, he just doesn't have the will to want to play well.

Not sure he will just waltz back in according to Robbie's post match comments.

I believe it's Izale who will be doing the waltzing.

I don't get it. I guess he is ballroom dancing??

Do you never stare at the scoreboard? They advertise it every 5 minutes, that and Robbo's new gardening business. Of course two of the scoreboards were broken/off last Saturday so maybe you missed it.

http://www.celebrityjustdance.me.uk/dancer/izalemcleod/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:17 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
leodon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Alby wrote:
There is talent in there somewhere. Maybe the sending off will be a blessing in disguise and he comes back better like MacKenzie did after his red against Charlton.

Thing is, as we have a season long loan sending him back won't benefit us at all now especially as we'd all be bemoaning a lack of depth with one less midfield man until January. He really needs a game where not just everything goes right for him but for the team too. We really need a 3-0 win where the midfield runs everything and he can help stand out.

Let him sit out next match and we can see what happens when he's back in the side. If he continues being bad then we know to find someone new in January. But right now it's pointless and won't benefit us at all.

But why should he just waltz back in? This is the point I am making. If he is that bad then what makes him think he is the first name on the team sheet? If the player who replaces him plays well then why would he just be allowed to start?

I am not saying get rid of him. I want it to work, like I do for all our players but I get the feeling that he is either not as good as the £5 million states or, he just doesn't have the will to want to play well.

Not sure he will just waltz back in according to Robbie's post match comments.

I believe it's Izale who will be doing the waltzing.

I don't get it. I guess he is ballroom dancing??

Do you never stare at the scoreboard? They advertise it every 5 minutes, that and Robbo's new gardening business. Of course two of the scoreboards were broken/off last Saturday so maybe you missed it.

http://www.celebrityjustdance.me.uk/dancer/izalemcleod/

Personally, I tried not to look at the scoreboard on Saturday. :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:45 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Alby wrote:

Who said he is waltzing straight into the side again? Can't take it as a given. As for the two options at the end you can't just decide that. No he hasn't proven to be worth £5m but price tags are completely irrelevant nowadays. He seems why the world has gone mad with transfer fees. It's about how keen the clubs are to get the player. Villa have a lot of money. Fuck the negotiating here have five million.

As for him not wanting to be here how do you know that? Why can't it just be that he's having a shit time of it and struggling to adapt ATM? That's not abnormal you know.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:45 am 

Alby wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Alby wrote:

Who said he is waltzing straight into the side again? Can't take it as a given. As for the two options at the end you can't just decide that. No he hasn't proven to be worth £5m but price tags are completely irrelevant nowadays. He seems why the world has gone mad with transfer fees. It's about how keen the clubs are to get the player. Villa have a lot of money. Fuck the negotiating here have five million.

As for him not wanting to be here how do you know that? Why can't it just be that he's having a shit time of it and struggling to adapt ATM? That's not abnormal you know.

I dont know if he can't be arsed but its one of two. Either he is shit or can't be arsed. There are no other choices. But we are 1/4 of the way through the season. That 25% 12 league games. However you put it if you ain't bed in now when you have played the majority of them then I don't think there is much hope for you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:11 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Alby wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Alby wrote:

I dont know if he can't be arsed but its one of two. Either he is shit or can't be arsed. There are no other choices. But we are 1/4 of the way through the season. That 25% 12 league games. However you put it if you ain't bed in now when you have played the majority of them then I don't think there is much hope for you.

Of course there are other choices - form, confidence etc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:15 am 

People are completely overplaying this. He's a good player who has made a couple of bad mistakes - that's all.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:25 am 

dons50 wrote:

Literally this. Can't believe the naevity of bad form being down to either not being a good player at all going against all the professional scouts and managers who've taken a punt on him down the years, or fans just deciding for him that he doesn't wanna be here any more.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:47 am 

Alby wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Literally this. Can't believe the naevity of bad form being down to either not being a good player at all going against all the professional scouts and managers who've taken a punt on him down the years, or fans just deciding for him that he doesn't wanna be here any more.

This is a genuine question and one that I have no idea about, but how do you scout a player who has play hardly any games? I just think his "reputation" of being worth millions is a bit bullshit. As I say 12 games in and he has done nothing to prove his worth over one of our own.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:23 am 

We didn't pay that price tag so I don't see why it bothers us so much. If we'd forked out £5m for him then fair enough. But we haven't. He's costing us very little in the grand scheme of the squad and what we could be paying someone else. He also didn't ask for the fee. A club, a big club like Aston Villa have the ability to chuck around £5m like it's a fiver. As I said before, ends over negotiating and gets their man quicker. Not to mention the manager who signed him got sacked 3 months later. So maybe, just maybe, it was a bad call. Also, Norwich tried signing him for £1m and it was rejected by Reading. Prompting Villa to go gung-ho and get their man.

However many clubs were looking at him at the time. He was breaking through at Reading doing very well. A hot talent wanted by Premier League sides even. So he clearly has talent and clearly done enough in minimal game time to convince clubs like Norwich, Celtic, Crystal Palace and Aston Villa to take a punt on the kid. So when we say he is shit, I struggle to believe said clubs would punt money on a shit player. He is struggling to get into form. So are, and indeed have other players down the years at MK Dons.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:39 am 

Alby wrote:
We didn't pay that price tag so I don't see why it bothers us so much. If we'd forked out £5m for him then fair enough. But we haven't. He's costing us very little in the grand scheme of the squad and what we could be paying someone else. He also didn't ask for the fee. A club, a big club like Aston Villa have the ability to chuck around £5m like it's a fiver. As I said before, ends over negotiating and gets their man quicker. Not to mention the manager who signed him got sacked 3 months later. So maybe, just maybe, it was a bad call. Also, Norwich tried signing him for £1m and it was rejected by Reading. Prompting Villa to go gung-ho and get their man.

However many clubs were looking at him at the time. He was breaking through at Reading doing very well. A hot talent wanted by Premier League sides even. So he clearly has talent and clearly done enough in minimal game time to convince clubs like Norwich, Celtic, Crystal Palace and Aston Villa to take a punt on the kid. So when we say he is shit, I struggle to believe said clubs would punt money on a shit player. He is struggling to get into form. So are, and indeed have other players down the years at MK Dons.

Nicky Maynard was a "hot talent" for a Premier League team at one point. Doesn't mean he was good for us was he? #

I just don't see how you can defend him. I just don't see how we can keep playing him if he is underachieving. My point was that we are 3 points off the play offs. We need fighters not flighters. If we were top of the league and others were supporting then that would be great, use him every week but we are not. If we are serious about possible play-offs then we need to use our best and in form players.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next