THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 2:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: A media whipping boy
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:03 am 

I'm not defending his form. I'm defending him as an individual when people make up things like "he doesn't want to be here" based on fuck all proof that he actually doesn't want to be here. Someone could say a father doesn't love his children because he's struggling to pay his bills and give them a secure upbringing. Crap comparison but you see my point. Doesn't mean it's true. He's been rubbish at times so far. And really really let us down on Saturday. Inexcusable. But I don't hold grudges and I know he's a talented boy so I hope he comes good and is given a chance to prove his worth. If he comes back into the side and puts in equally as bad performances then maybe it's time to concede defeat and part ways but this is the most important moment in his time here and arguably his career. This will define how his career goes. If he doesn't step up and try to improve and do something to better himself then his career will only sink further. If he gets his head down and comes back fighting then the talent he undoubtably has will shine through and help us.

As for Nicky Maynard, he was never seen as a "hot talent" when he was in Premier League football aged 25. . He was shite at West Ham and arguably worse at Cardiff. Both sets of fans thought he was atrocious.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:40 pm 

Alby wrote:
I'm not defending his form. I'm defending him as an individual when people make up things like "he doesn't want to be here" based on fuck all proof that he actually doesn't want to be here. Someone could say a father doesn't love his children because he's struggling to pay his bills and give them a secure upbringing. Crap comparison but you see my point. Doesn't mean it's true. He's been rubbish at times so far. And really really let us down on Saturday. Inexcusable. But I don't hold grudges and I know he's a talented boy so I hope he comes good and is given a chance to prove his worth. If he comes back into the side and puts in equally as bad performances then maybe it's time to concede defeat and part ways but this is the most important moment in his time here and arguably his career. This will define how his career goes. If he doesn't step up and try to improve and do something to better himself then his career will only sink further. If he gets his head down and comes back fighting then the talent he undoubtably has will shine through and help us.

As for Nicky Maynard, he was never seen as a "hot talent" when he was in Premier League football aged 25. . He was shite at West Ham and arguably worse at Cardiff. Both sets of fans thought he was atrocious.

I don't hold grudges, but I feel he needs time to reflect as at the moment he is starting every game and will never learn as he has not been reprimanded for poor performances. You would expect a bollocking in your job if you kept under performing as would I. I don't see where you are getting this "talented boy" from either. If he was that talented he would be in the Villa team, or at least plying his trade in the Championship. This is what annoys me about loans in general. They generally don't work out as well as people like, and yes i know there are exceptions to the rules, but i guess we are paying top end for his salary and for what exactly?

I will leave you with this article, which sums up my thoughts exactly. http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/09/27/do-aaron-tshibolas-mk-dons-struggles-ring-alarm-bells-for-aston/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:35 pm 

Bollocking people at work only works short term. It's not the way to get the best out of people.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:02 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Bollocking people at work only works short term. It's not the way to get the best out of people.

Depends on the person I agree and I suppose footballers cant just quit their jobs and find new ones at a drop of a hat, but at least benching him for a few weeks wouldn't go amiss (which if I read correctly is what Neilson might do, reading between the lines of course).

It's just obviously not working the other way either. The carrot has been tried and now the stick has to come out, then if he doesn't listen then he has to go back in Jan!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:45 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Depends on the person I agree and I suppose footballers cant just quit their jobs and find new ones at a drop of a hat, but at least benching him for a few weeks wouldn't go amiss (which if I read correctly is what Neilson might do, reading between the lines of course).

It's just obviously not working the other way either. The carrot has been tried and now the stick has to come out, then if he doesn't listen then he has to go back in Jan!

Do you manage people in your job?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:48 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Do you manage people in your job?

I do :shock: -and I agree with your comment.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 am 

So what I am reading here is that you are allowing sub-standard performances because a loan player isn't performing just because you think in the long term a pat on the bum and a waggle of the finger will make him better? Surely, you all want the best team available. Do you think that Mourinho gave a shit about benching Rooney (the club captain) or Conte really wanted to work on Costa (Chelsea's top scorer last season). No, they did what they needed to do.

Football is first and foremost an immediate results business. Hence why managers lose their jobs at a click of a finger. Yes, I do see where you are coming from 50 but I have repeatedly said in this thread if we are serious about fighting for promotion we need to fight. That is from everyone. One off bad days are fine, but I think that he has had more bad days than good. Yes, there maybe some underlying reason and things are not just black and white, but my view is he was overhyped even when he was at Reading and the pressure maybe too much, that, or he just isn't a good player to begin with.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:39 am 

Players have struggled and come good in the past.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:02 am 

Alby wrote:
Players have struggled and come good in the past.

What our own players who we have time to work on, or loans who are here for a short time?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:17 am 

He's here for a whole season. If it takes 10-15 games whilst we are in and around the playoffs to get into top gear and he gets better then so be it.

Apparently.

UTF

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next