THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 4:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:26 pm 

It's not just the weather in MK though. There's loads of snow here and it keeps coming. I'd hate to be driving out of Bristol today. You have to feel sorry for their fans

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:35 pm 
For all you fairies complaining about conditions outside the stadium the club posted this:

"The Club has a full gritting programme in place for the car parks and outer-walkways as well as the aisles and concourse inside Stadium MK."

Honestly guys, just take extra care and give yourselves extra time. Even I'm going tommorow and I'm driving from Walsall, conditions aren't great here either, took me twice as long to drive 5 miles last night.

If you want to feel sorry for anybody, feel sorry for the poor West Ham fans driving from London to Swansea tommorow or the Sunderland fans travelling to Millwall.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:01 pm 

There's 8 inches forecast in my living room (lounge to you chavs) within the next 10 minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:02 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
For all you fairies complaining about conditions outside the stadium the club posted this:

"The Club has a full gritting programme in place for the car parks and outer-walkways as well as the aisles and concourse inside Stadium MK."

Honestly guys, just take extra care and give yourselves extra time. Even I'm going tommorow and I'm driving from Walsall, conditions aren't great here either, took me twice as long to drive 5 miles last night.

If you want to feel sorry for anybody, feel sorry for the poor West Ham fans driving from London to Swansea tommorow or the Sunderland fans travelling to Millwall.

If I were capable of feeling sorry for another, I'd feel sorry for someone who'd rather a football match went ahead over country wide public safety.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:13 pm 

I hope its called off. It took almost 4 hours to get from centre of mk on to the a421 last night between 4pm and 7:45 pm it was gridlocked.

A usual 35 minute drive home took just under 5 hours.

The a1 and a lot of surrounding roads and villages are fine, the a1 was clear of snow all yesterday and traffic was flowing niceley but mk has been a shambles to drive in and around and a hazard.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:19 pm 

Bristol City are playing tomorrow.

Time to man up and stop gritting yourself.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:19 pm 

I've just been driving round MK, so long as you are sensible it's fine.

Adults can make their own choices as to whether it's wise to travel or not. Why are they expecting the club to make the decision for them. Are people really that brain dead? If you don't fancy it, stay at home.

The pitch is fine, they say the surrounding area is fine, up to everyone else what they do.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:21 pm 
Gers wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

If I were capable of feeling sorry for another, I'd feel sorry for someone who'd rather a football match went ahead over country wide public safety.

Likewise, but it's hardly an outbreak of the plague or a 50 foot tsunami is it. 9 deaths across the whole of the UK attributed to the weather. More people die from car accidents in normal weather per week across the UK than that (roughly 34 per week), we aren't suddenly going to ban people from travelling in cars are we.

Yes its cold, yes there is snow and ice. But just take more care and take more time and be prepared. If people are that worried then don't go, but doesn't mean everybody needs to shut up shop.

Last edited by FilthyDon on Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:22 pm 

I've taken today off. When I called the office at 7 this morning they thought that I was taking the piss. Dunstable is fine it seems.

I've had to give my wife a hand with our horses. Took around 4 hours to do what normally takes 1 to 1 and a half. The road between Stony and Nash is almost blocked. Don't know if MK Council are overwhelmed, but the roads around Stony are nothing short of a fucking disgrace.

I'd like nothing more than for it to rain overnight, because I'm wholeheartedly sick and tired of this.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:24 pm 

Lord Doogle wrote:
There's 8 inches forecast in my living room (lounge to you chavs) within the next 10 minutes.

Living room? Is that a kind of drawing room?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next