THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:59 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:11 am 

I was at the game last night, and also listening to 3CR. I love Luke, but his obsession with Tshibola's shortcomings detracts from his commentary.

I'm not Tshibola's biggest fan, but he was no worse than most last night. Lots of OK things with a few mistakes. After every mistake he made, Luke banged on about it for a couple of minutes. Anyone else's mistakes, and there were loads, and it was often a nice idea that didn't quite work out. He never mentioned Tshibola's good passes in his commentary, and there were several of them.

Luke's obsession became tedious. Anyone not at the game would have got a wrong impression.

Luke makes it quite clear he doesn't want Tshibola in the team, and virtually told Neilson that in the post-match. Like seven or eight last night, Tshibola wasn't great but not particularly bad either.

Has Tshibola been sleeping with Luke's wife?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:14 am 

Gotta be honest I haven't been a fan of how Luke has commentated this season but it's his channel and I don't have to listen. But I love him. So I do :D.

He does seem very whingey of late. I wonder whether he even likes Neilson.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:49 am 

Robbie did say he was one of the best players on Friday. Top trolling from Robbie.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:50 am 

Don Direction wrote:
Robbie did say he was one of the best players on Friday. Top trolling from Robbie.

He was though.. I'm critical of him, but on Friday he was decent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:54 am 

Yes, I've been wondering the same this season.
I was at the game, but OH was not able to make it and was listening to 3CR. At one point I had a text to say that Luke Ashmead had just said it was the worst game he'd ever seen MK Dons play.
Has he had some sort of amnesia about the first half of last season? Thinking of the absolutely dire performance against Cobblers and Oxford away in particular.
Think Alby may have put his finger on it with the thought that he is not a Neilson fan.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:06 am 

He had a TCR account he used extremely rarely. Like once every decade. You're welcome to have your say here Luke, don't be shy we know you read ;).

Seriously though whatever your thoughts on Luke this season he is gold dust and the sort of thing we'd all be crying out for if we didn't have him. He is a voice we've listened to for years and will all remember him in the same way Nottingham remembers Colin Slater.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:20 am 

I have to say that the commentary was much better at the recent match when Luke Ashmead wasn't there. I actually knew what was happening on the pitch for a change, rather than getting long periods of silence (fine if it was televised) and "this is awful" ad infinitum (probably correct but not informative).
Though I like him at Fans Forums.
Sorry Luke.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:09 pm 

Sausage wrote:
I was at the game last night, and also listening to 3CR. I love Luke, but his obsession with Tshibola's shortcomings detracts from his commentary.

I'm not Tshibola's biggest fan, but he was no worse than most last night. Lots of OK things with a few mistakes. After every mistake he made, Luke banged on about it for a couple of minutes. Anyone else's mistakes, and there were loads, and it was often a nice idea that didn't quite work out. He never mentioned Tshibola's good passes in his commentary, and there were several of them.

Luke's obsession became tedious. Anyone not at the game would have got a wrong impression.

Luke makes it quite clear he doesn't want Tshibola in the team, and virtually told Neilson that in the post-match. Like seven or eight last night, Tshibola wasn't great but not particularly bad either.

No he didn't. Admittedly I don't listen every week. What he did say was why is he getting in the team when Nesbitt is playing so well and then said that he knows he would get slated for asking it, but he knows it is what fans question too.

TBH a lot of people on the forums are questioning Tshibola. I don't like local radio as a whole and I am not Luke Ashmead's biggest fan as I think sometimes he does push his own agenda, but last night he asked a question a lot of us wouldn't have the balls to ask.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:16 pm 

Have to say I only heard bits of Luke Ashmeads post match report but couldn't disagree with anything I heard.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:24 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Sausage wrote:

No he didn't. Admittedly I don't listen every week. What he did say was why is he getting in the team when Nesbitt is playing so well and then said that he knows he would get slated for asking it, but he knows it is what fans question too.

TBH a lot of people on the forums are questioning Tshibola. I don't like local radio as a whole and I am not Luke Ashmead's biggest fan as I think sometimes he does push his own agenda, but last night he asked a question a lot of us wouldn't have the balls to ask.

And he got an answer i.e. Tishibola and Nesbitt are quite different players with different skills, best employed at different times in the game.