THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:28 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:48 pm 

Wrong appointment at the wrong time, Petes fetish for going the quirky option route has backfired massively, the job is beyond Dan and he is proving that point as every game goes by.

To believe we are going to win six of our remaining games is just laughable.

I just want this bloody season to finish, it’s painful to watch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:54 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Wrong appointment at the wrong time, Petes fetish for going the quirky option route has backfired massively, the job is beyond Dan and he is proving that point as every game goes by.

To believe we are going to win six of our remaining games is just laughable.

I just want this bloody season to finish, it’s painful to watch

Quirky?? I prefer cheap

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:06 pm 

I doubt it was the worse ever appointment but as it stands its probably the worse for MK Dons.

Haven't seen the DM plan but don't think getting just 2 points from these games was it. Plan will need updating I think though pretty sure 3 points next sat would be in plan.

Just heard DMs post match interview and he felt we should have won. From what I heard on radio we were lucky to get the draw thanks to some good saves from Nicholls plus a post.

It's all about Opinions!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:27 pm 

Statistically we have been 2nd best pretty much every game since DM took over.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:12 pm 

Two games unbeaten two games away. Maybe he has found his feet and from this point on deliver the wins we need. Win next Saturday and above us lose. It's all to play for. When did nielson last get 2 games unbeaten.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:36 pm 

Donbell wrote:
Two games unbeaten two games away. Maybe he has found his feet and from this point on deliver the wins we need. Win next Saturday and above us lose. It's all to play for. When did nielson last get 2 games unbeaten.

Come on - he's had five losses followed by two draws against two of the worst teams in the league. Apart from Bury all the games in front of us are progressively harder on paper and the team look like they couldn't care less.

Keeping the faith is one thing, believing in a lost cause is something else.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:04 pm 

We could talk for hours about DM’s positives and negatives but let’s not forget the basic facts here

RN recruited 95% of the squad that has been under performing all season

I said back in July and again in January that we have not invested in a quality forward line or creative players going forward. (At the close of the transfer window I said we would go down as we have looked lightweight up front all season).

Couple with that DM has had to cope without Aneke, Gilbey, Sow and Pawlett who whatever their merits were recruited by RN as the main players going forward in the club, when people are talking about not bringing on players like GR and BTA to change things that tells us how short we are as a club in resources and how far we have fallen from the promotion winning season.

It is going to take 3-4 years to sort this mess out so let’s give DM some time, work with the youngsters alongside some experienced players that we may be able to get in the summer and suck it up....we will be a league 2 side next season and perhaps the year after, that’s the reality so let’s just accept it, get on with it and see where the journey take us.

One thing I hope the senior team have learned from the last 3 seasons though is that you don’t win games if you can’t score goals and investing in quality creative players may be expensive but without it you don’t get anywhere

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:38 pm 

Alby wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
I'd rather watch a Micchice team in League 2 than a Neilson team in League one.

Me too

Me three. This isn’t his mess. It’s a mess made entirely by Robbie Neilson and his shit back room staff.

He’s made some questionable experience but hopefully he’ll make these mistakes now and learn from them ahead of next season whatever League we are in.

Thank fuck for the younger people like these. Old people like me are tedious dullards, who should not be allowed on the internet.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:56 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
I'd rather watch rugby than either of them

I tried that this afternoon, not a pleasant experience

:shock:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:16 am 

big mistake hiring dan, good boys coach but is not a first team manager

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next