THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:07 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:51 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Locutus wrote:
To be fair I think most people just want to see good performances at this point. I would certainly be more enthusiastic about challenging for promotion in league two than the situation we're in at the moment, I can't see attendances dropping significantly assuming we're playing good football and are at the right end of the table.

Yep, it looks like we’d possibly lose about 10% of our ST holders if polls here, twitter and Facebook are anything to go by. That’s not bad at all, and we’d just need half of them turn up and pay full price on a Saturday to have exactly the same revenue into the club.

I know it isn’t really how clubs want things to work (summer Season Ticket sales and projected direct debit revenues help set the playing budget), but if every one of us season ticket holders decided not to renew, but turned up to every match and paid on the day, then the club would have nearly double the revenue. Something to think about, eh? And goes to show that even losing a few ST holders isn’t the end of the world.

If the 10% we are losing are the ones who constantly whinge, moan and generally grizzle throughout the match, then I say good, sod off and don’t come back.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:59 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Locutus wrote:
To be fair I think most people just want to see good performances at this point. I would certainly be more enthusiastic about challenging for promotion in league two than the situation we're in at the moment, I can't see attendances dropping significantly assuming we're playing good football and are at the right end of the table.

Yep, it looks like we’d possibly lose about 10% of our ST holders if polls here, twitter and Facebook are anything to go by. That’s not bad at all, and we’d just need half of them turn up and pay full price on a Saturday to have exactly the same revenue into the club.

I know it isn’t really how clubs want things to work (summer Season Ticket sales and projected direct debit revenues help set the playing budget), but if every one of us season ticket holders decided not to renew, but turned up to every match and paid on the day, then the club would have nearly double the revenue. Something to think about, eh? And goes to show that even losing a few ST holders isn’t the end of the world.

If the 10% we are losing are the ones who constantly whinge, moan and generally grizzle throughout the match, then I say good, sod off and don’t come back.

:D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:01 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Scribble wrote:

Double :D :D

However, I suspect that the number of whingers, moaners and grizzlers exceeds 10% :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:13 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Locutus wrote:

But it won't be just season ticket holders that we lose. Given how much of our average match attendance is pay per match, how many of them will we lose?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:21 pm 

It finally dawned on me after the loss at the weekend and only a draw wed that we have blown this league and we will be league 2 next year - that’s not doom and gloom that’s being realistic with the games left I can’t see the points we need

So after a week of thinking about it I don’t think it will be too gloomy our fan base is not that of a normal well established club and yes some will not renew but and here is the crunch - if we play some decent football and start winning games in L2 and are in and around the play offs I think the gates will be OK

It may cost us financially with the clubs main sponsorship etc but why would a player sponsor not want to do the same in L2 ? The face book guys raised enough money for a couple or 3 could they do that again - yeh why not I will give a couple of quid again

I suppose what I am trying to say is yeh financially the club will be hit a bit but hey we will still go - moan at the shit games and get false hope after the good ones - my only fear is we lose too many and pete does not re invest and we go down again that could be catastrophic- I would take play offs in L2 and promotion following year

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:44 pm 
I think most fans can accept relegation and the idea of playing in League Two. What won't be acceptable to most fans though is struggling or having a mediocre season in the lower division.

Most (myself included) will rightly expect us to be competing right at the top end next season if we are relegated, especially if what many say is to be believed (i.e. that this squad is better than where we are right now), and especially with a full pre-season and transfer window for DM to work his magic. The quality of opposition in L2 is considerably lower than L1, especially more so next season without Luton. There are no excuses.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:16 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
I think most fans can accept relegation and the idea of playing in League Two. What won't be acceptable to most fans though is struggling or having a mediocre season in the lower division.

Most (myself included) will rightly expect us to be competing right at the top end next season if we are relegated, especially if what many say is to be believed (i.e. that this squad is better than where we are right now), and especially with a full pre-season and transfer window for DM to work his magic. The quality of opposition in L2 is considerably lower than L1, especially more so next season without Luton. There are no excuses.

I’m not so sure about people assuming we will be top end league 2 and challenging to go back up.
The same was being said when we dropped down from the championship.

We will lose some of our better players, that’s a certainty, they will only be replaced by players of a lesser quality.

To start thinking we are superior to any team in league 2 is a bit presumptuous, I really don’t think its quite that simple as some people think.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:27 pm 

Scribble wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

I’m not so sure about people assuming we will be top end league 2 and challenging to go back up.

We will lose some of our better players, that’s a certainty, they will only be replaced by players of a lesser quality.

To start thinking we are superior to any team in league 2 is a bit presumptuous, I really don’t think its quite that simple as some people think.

This may be slightly controversial, but I think that’s a big part of our problem, and I think that goes for everyone in the club, from the fans to the very top.
We think we are better than we actually are, probably born out of the surroundings, namely a bloody big stadium.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:29 pm 

Scribble wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

I suppose it depends on Dans budget and how well he recruits and whether he's up to it? we will see

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:38 pm 
Camdenite wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Scribble wrote:

Double :D :D

New poster, please be gentle, but 'Triple!'