THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:08 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:37 pm 

Always tricky to know what to take from these 'fringe' matches. I think the likes of Nesbitt are going to be fine over the season. Muirhead, on the other hand, is starting to worry me a little, though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:44 pm 

No.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:16 pm 

Not much, pleasing to see the likes of Kasumu coming on well, and Sietsma made a good save, that's about it really.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:27 pm 

I thought Mcgrandles did really well, he covered lots of ground breaking up play and played some nice passes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:08 am 

I thought: McGrandles, Nesbitt looked good. Logan and Nombe made a good partnership, with Nombe getting 2 or 3 shots off in the short time he was on and Logan putting some great passes through. BTA did ok. I didn't think Siestma did badly, his distribution seemed ok to me. Thsibola had a better match than usual. Chuks was superb other than the finishing but I'm sure that will come, and great to see him back.

I learned what a crappy atmosphere there is at such matches but sort of enjoyed the tension of the penalties, though I'd rather we won it in normal time which we should've done.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:23 am 

I heard Robbo was there - is that the case? Wonder if it might be to do with this.....

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/3139 ... dline-day/

I do like the way he talks about other team's players but always ensures he says that he isn't going to talk about other teams players :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:55 am 

Robinson was definitely there last night.

Agree with much of the above. Sietsma and Kasumo did well, thought McGrandles was very good. Logan looked a very tidy player. BTA did ok . Chuks was a powerhouse. All caveated by it being played largely at friendly pace against a team that I think also fielded plenty of fringe players. Which doesn't help explain why Muirhead was largely awful again. I'm really trying to see positives when he's on the pitch but it gets harder by the game. Maybe he needs more time or maybe it's just me...

And as this is post one here, thanks to all those involved in setting it up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:50 am 

Spoke to Robbo last night, he was as he said just having a night out with the Mrs.
He did though quickly move to the subject of Chuks, and reminded me, which I had forgotten, that Chuks never played while Robbo was here, so he was interested to see him play.
He also described him as the best player in League 1 by a mile, and worth if fit, and a number of games under his belt, about £5m.
I did ask him if he would consider coming back, I wasn't begging or anything, just interested to know, not sure what he said as he was being dragged away by Ann Marie, but he did say he would love to own the club.
He also mentioned he was signing a new contract at Charlton very soon.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:11 pm 

WellDon wrote:
Spoke to Robbo last night, he was as he said just having a night out with the Mrs.
He did though quickly move to the subject of Chuks, and reminded me, which I had forgotten, that Chuks never played while Robbo was here, so he was interested to see him play.
He also described him as the best player in League 1 by a mile, and worth if fit, and a number of games under his belt, about £5m.
I did ask him if he would consider coming back, I wasn't begging or anything, just interested to know, not sure what he said as he was being dragged away by Ann Marie, but he did say he would love to own the club.
He also mentioned he was signing a new contract at Charlton very soon.

Really interesting, thanks for sharing.

Obviously Robinson has a propensity to exaggerate, but it's good to see that he thinks so highly of Chuks, if he stays fit for the majority of this season, maybe he will be a £5 million player. I do think that he's up there with the most talented players as well and it'll be interesting to see how he does if he stays fit for a long period this season.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:22 pm 

I miss him.

Apparently.

UTF