THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Robbie
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:25 pm 

[quote="FilthyDon"]I know he would have got a reasonable payout, but I do feel a bit sorry for him. Having to pick up your life and move it a few hundred miles away for a job to only last a year. It was the right thing to do to part ways, but at the end of the day its still just a game to us, whereas it's a livelihood for them.

This.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:46 pm 

I feel sorry for anyone who isn’t working after the sack. At the end of the day pay off or no pay off it’s a humiliating thing for an individual to have to go through with that.

He may not want to move to Scotland. He may be happy here and could be scouting for someone. Believe me a lot of clubs in Scotland are crying out for people with knowledge of players in the English game who can convince players to join their club. Or he could be happy having time off doing some other things before the season starts where he may have another job.

I don’t doubt he’ll get another job. But he knew the risks relocating here - it might not be just a case of relocating just for MK Dons, probably for other jobs too and the fact where, as Camden said, we are located being a good place for any other option that comes up.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:49 pm 

He’s probably waiting for wobblers to sack JFH, good fit for the six fingered playing style

Also Robbie is likely to be pissing himself laughing at our “recovery” since he went

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:52 pm 

Scribble wrote:
He’s probably waiting for wobblers to sack JFH, good fit for the six fingered playing style

Also Robbie is likely to be pissing himself laughing at our “recovery” since he went

Yes, that thought has crossed my mind a fair few times too. May not be smug about it, but I can imagine him smiling to himself over a glass of whiskey by the fireside. In that in some way, he may think slightly vindicated - and that being a L1 manager is a tough job indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:59 pm 

Galverion wrote:
Scribble wrote:

Yes, that thought has crossed my mind a fair few times too. May not be smug about it, but I can imagine him smiling to himself over a glass of whiskey by the fireside. In that in some way, he may think slightly vindicated - and that being a L1 manager is a tough job indeed.

I had him down more as swigging single malt straight from the bottle, whilst throwing darts at a poster of PW

Good to see you back btw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:22 pm 

Galverion wrote:
Scribble wrote:

Whiskey is Irish.

Whisky is Scottish.