THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:32 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
We are down anyway. Just embrace it for what it is. Our first point in 6 games and that was a limp 0-0, which they hit the bar and should have won it.

Even IF we win on Saturday (which we wont IMO) we still need to get more results against better teams. Plus the fact that our April/May sees us play all of the top 3 at the moment we are all but down.

This is now the worst MK Dons squad I have ever seen. I am also questioning PW. He sacked Neilson too late. I don't question his passion. I question his long term planning. It is like he only sacks managers when we go below AFC Wimbledon and that was far too late in my eyes. Should have gone end of November at the latest.

All what you say is great, but we had much better squads then.

Agree with all that.

I just hope Pete has learnt his lesson re letting managers stay past their welcome. I was saying that Neilson should have been sacked back in November and people laughed at the idea. I could see the way things were going, and knew back in July we would have a shit season based on what was going on in pre-season with the poor results, performances and questionable transfer dealings.

Next time, I just hope Pete doesn't wait until it's too late like he did this season, and like he did with Robinson in the Championship and L1.

There's a bit of a flaw in your argument in that the results have got worse since we sacked Neilson.

But as you say, it's confidence. Neilson's way of playing and his signings are why we are where we are. The team is shot of confidence, used to playing naive and uninspiring football. On top of that, the types of players that Neilson brought in, generally aren't suited to Micciche's style of play and have been questionable and inconsistent in performances.

Had he have sacked him back in November, DM would have had time to turn things around and get them drilled a different way, as well as having time to scout/research and target better signings to fit his style of play in January. I have no doubt if DM had taken over in early November, we'd be mid-table or better now.

PW got the timing all wrong.

OR - had he sacked him in November, the run of very bad results would have started sooner.

We'll never know.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:49 am 
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
We are down anyway. Just embrace it for what it is. Our first point in 6 games and that was a limp 0-0, which they hit the bar and should have won it.

Even IF we win on Saturday (which we wont IMO) we still need to get more results against better teams. Plus the fact that our April/May sees us play all of the top 3 at the moment we are all but down.

This is now the worst MK Dons squad I have ever seen. I am also questioning PW. He sacked Neilson too late. I don't question his passion. I question his long term planning. It is like he only sacks managers when we go below AFC Wimbledon and that was far too late in my eyes. Should have gone end of November at the latest.

Agree with all that.

I just hope Pete has learnt his lesson re letting managers stay past their welcome. I was saying that Neilson should have been sacked back in November and people laughed at the idea. I could see the way things were going, and knew back in July we would have a shit season based on what was going on in pre-season with the poor results, performances and questionable transfer dealings.

Next time, I just hope Pete doesn't wait until it's too late like he did this season, and like he did with Robinson in the Championship and L1.

Don't recall people laughing at your posts in November and December. People just wanted to give Neilson a chance to recover from a bad start after he had done so well at the end of last season and didn't want us to sack another manager within 12 months...
Which brings me onto the second point: I thought you were on the side of giving Dan until the end of next season at the earliest? Your final sentence of the post suggests you're hinting that if next season starts poorly Pete should act and not leave it too late again.
But if you still want him to give Dan the full season next year, then that's all that people were suggesting about Neilson - give him more than 12 months and back him during bad spells.

I don't think anyone imagined 5 straight defeats in his first 5 games, and maybe that is down to inexperience. He does need a pre-season and summer window, and then see where we are November/December time. If we're down near the bottom of League 2, then questions would need to be asked again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:09 pm 

We have to stop chopping and changing manager.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:51 pm 

dons50 wrote:

Why do we? If they are underperforming then something does need to change. What do you prefer? Sack the players? We have won 2 games in 5 months TWO.

So give us reasons why we should have not sacked the two managers we have sacked in the past 8 years. Go on I will wait....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:53 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Why do we? If they are underperforming then something does need to change. What do you prefer? Sack the players? We have won 2 games in 5 months TWO.

So give us reasons why we should have not sacked the two managers we have sacked in the past 8 years. Go on I will wait....

We've had those shit results having made two sackings. I would say that had we not made those sackings we would be better off.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:06 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:

We've had those shit results having made two sackings. I would say that had we not made those sackings we would be better off.

We would have struggled if we had kept Robbo. He had lost the dressing room. Look at how our form picked up under RN when he first came in. Robbo needed to go as did neilson. The problem is we don't have the financial clout to get an experienced manager in hence why we have someone who has a 0% win record in his whole senior management career. We got lucky with Robbo. Very lucky. He hit the ground running and never stopped, but to say he would have turned it around is naïve. His unwillingness to adapt was what cost him in the end.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:08 pm 

dons50 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

Agree with all that.

There's a bit of a flaw in your argument in that the results have got worse since we sacked Neilson.

No they haven't. We were losing before and we are losing now. Unless I have missed something that means the results have stayed the same :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:43 pm 

All I've learned this thread is that there's an awful lot of Dons' fans who've never experienced a relegation scrap before.

We need key players back, and quickly. They also need to stay fit and play the vast majority of games in the run-in. That happens and we won't go down.

Any talk of "we're down' is absolutely ridiculous with so many games to go.

People worried about that run in should consider that it's just as likely that the respective fates of Shrewsbury, Scunthorpe, Southend etc. will be decided by the time we play them and they'll have their feet up or be resting players ahead of the play offs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:54 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
All I've learned this thread is that there's an awful lot of Dons' fans who've never experienced a relegation scrap before.

We need key players back, and quickly. They also need to stay fit and play the vast majority of games in the run-in. That happens and we won't go down.

Any talk of "we're down' is absolutely ridiculous with so many games to go.

People worried about that run in should consider that it's just as likely that the respective fates of Shrewsbury, Scunthorpe, Southend etc. will be decided by the time we play them and they'll have their feet up or be resting players ahead of the play offs.

Camden. I admire your positive outlook but 2 wins in 5 months is crap. We cant beat teams around us how do you expect us to beat the likes of Wigan, Blackburn, Bradford and yes, even Shrewsbury? We have relegation form and unless fingers get firmly plucked from arses then I cant see us clawing back 5 points we need just to get on parity. Let alone overtake clubs above us who will need to lose a lot of their remaining 13 games.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:56 pm 

Russybcool wrote:

Camden. I admire your positive outlook but 2 wins in 5 months is crap. We cant beat teams around us how do you expect us to beat the likes of Wigan, Blackburn, Bradford and yes, even Shrewsbury? We have relegation form and unless fingers get firmly plucked from arses then I cant see us clawing back 5 point we need just to get on parity. Let alone overtake clubs above us

Like a team that's had that sort of form has never turned it round in the history of football before, ever. :roll:

It was you I was primarily talking about... :lol:

How old where you when Wimbledon went down to The Championship and the two relegations in MK?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next