THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:21 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

Camden. I admire your positive outlook but 2 wins in 5 months is crap. We cant beat teams around us how do you expect us to beat the likes of Wigan, Blackburn, Bradford and yes, even Shrewsbury? We have relegation form and unless fingers get firmly plucked from arses then I cant see us clawing back 5 point we need just to get on parity. Let alone overtake clubs above us

Like a team that's had that sort of form has never turned it round in the history of football before, ever. :roll:

It was you I was primarily talking about... :lol:

How old where you when Wimbledon went down to The Championship and the two relegations in MK?

I was 14 or 15. The difference was back then we had a manager who forced tactics down their throats played zonal marking at corners and would let the defense go further than the half way line. Even then there was a bit of fight about them and they took it to the final day where Bradford somehow managed to beat Liverpool 1-0 and we lost 2-0 which sent us down.

As for the two MK relegations. The 2005/06 season we finished on 50 points and were unlucky and the Championship we had a piss poor squad.

This season we deserve to go down. If we don't we need a minor miracle that I am yet to see consistently. We need two wins or a win an two draws just to pick up the gap. Do you honestly believe that with the players we have and who we have in charge we can get the 15 to 20 points we need to get out the bottom four?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:28 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:
We have to stop chopping and changing manager.

Why do we? If they are underperforming then something does need to change. What do you prefer? Sack the players? We have won 2 games in 5 months TWO.

So give us reasons why we should have not sacked the two managers we have sacked in the past 8 years. Go on I will wait....

We've had those shit results having made two sackings. I would say that had we not made those sackings we would be better off.

You have it the wrong way round d50, the managers were sacked because of bad results not the results are bad because we sacked two managers. I can see why you have posted some of the stuff you have now. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:43 pm 

I predicted a draw v Rochdale and a win v Fleetwood. This analysis is good but easy to forget the teams around us need to do quite a fair bit to guarantee their own safety. Nobody in bottom 8 is safe. No reason why we can't finish above Wobblers or Kingston. 5 or 6 points with so many games left... huge swings possible.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:35 pm 

Gridsy wrote:
I predicted a draw v Rochdale and a win v Fleetwood. This analysis is good but easy to forget the teams around us need to do quite a fair bit to guarantee their own safety. Nobody in bottom 8 is safe. No reason why we can't finish above Wobblers or Kingston. 5 or 6 points with so many games left... huge swings possible.

Don't hold your breath otherwise you will probably die before that happens!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:44 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Why do we? If they are underperforming then something does need to change. What do you prefer? Sack the players? We have won 2 games in 5 months TWO.

So give us reasons why we should have not sacked the two managers we have sacked in the past 8 years. Go on I will wait....

We've had those shit results having made two sackings. I would say that had we not made those sackings we would be better off.

You have it the wrong way round d50, the managers were sacked because of bad results not the results are bad because we sacked two managers. I can see why you have posted some of the stuff you have now. ;)

Both things happened. You’re right that they weee sacked because of poor short term results.

I’ll maintain that lack of continuity has led to further poor results.

If we sack Dan it will be three sackings in little over a year. That’s mad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:50 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Both things happened. You’re right that they weee sacked because of poor short term results.

I don't think anyone wants Dan sacked now (I don't for one) he got dropped in this mess, but next year as someone else eluded to if we are bottom half of league 2 then alarm bells should start ringing even if we don't hit the panic button.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:32 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
All I've learned this thread is that there's an awful lot of Dons' fans who've never experienced a relegation scrap before.

We need key players back, and quickly. They also need to stay fit and play the vast majority of games in the run-in. That happens and we won't go down.

Any talk of "we're down' is absolutely ridiculous with so many games to go.

People worried about that run in should consider that it's just as likely that the respective fates of Shrewsbury, Scunthorpe, Southend etc. will be decided by the time we play them and they'll have their feet up or be resting players ahead of the play offs.

Camden. I admire your positive outlook but 2 wins in 5 months is crap. We cant beat teams around us how do you expect us to beat the likes of Wigan, Blackburn, Bradford and yes, even Shrewsbury? We have relegation form and unless fingers get firmly plucked from arses then I cant see us clawing back 5 points we need just to get on parity. Let alone overtake clubs above us who will need to lose a lot of their remaining 13 games.

This

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:36 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Totally agree with you but would also add I think he was the wrong signing at this time, we should’ve appointed someone experienced short term if possible and maybe given Dan the job at the end of season.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:18 pm 

I personally think and you can say what you want it's a personal opinion lose to fleetwood Sat and we are gone we have a very difficult April where i can't see us picking up many points we will be about 7 8 points adrift if we lose to Fleetwood sat and in March we wont beat Bradford and Rotherham will be tough so i think lose on Sat and that is us gone.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:55 am 

This is my prediction, will be tight and we'll need to park the bus for some games.

Attachments:
2018-02-23_105435.jpg
2018-02-23_105435.jpg [ 60.63 KiB | Viewed 550 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next