THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: One shot on target
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:39 am 

Woke this morning with a massive lazy lob. Can you imagine what a win would do!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:11 pm 

Scribble wrote:
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Scribble wrote:
God it’s just woeful, where’s the fight and desire? Cisse just cannot be allowed to play anymore, he might as well be watching from the stands, he just watches on the bloody pitch anyway

Awful, awful display, capped off by playing seven defenders by the end, how are we going to win doing that?

So much is wrong, I have no idea where you start to stop this rot

I find having 7 defenders on the pitch by the end of the game hard to fathom. I know we have a lot of attacking injuries, but we needed to win tonight so I did think this was the occasion to give time to Rasulo or Thomas-Asante. What is the point in them being on the bench if they're not even going to be used tonight when we desperately needed a goal and had no one else to turn to?
I'm still so glad we bought Golbourne instead of a creator or scorer on deadline day. That decision just looks better and better after every game. :roll:

I forgot about the Golbourne fiasco, I’m sure that was essential to sign him before any attacking options
:shock:

Sequel to The Bourne Ultimatum?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:25 pm 

We can argue semantics as to whether Ugbo and Agard were a pair or an advanced forward and one in the hole behind him. The fact remains that we only had one SOT, which suggests that, whatever we call it, it wasn't working very well. We needed a win, as people have said, and playing two holding midfielders (earlier) or seven defenders (later) didn't get us one.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:30 pm 

John N wrote:
We can argue semantics as to whether Ugbo and Agard were a pair or an advanced forward and one in the hole behind him. The fact remains that we only had one SOT, which suggests that, whatever we call it, it wasn't working very well. We needed a win, as people have said, and playing two holding midfielders (earlier) or seven defenders (later) didn't get us one.

You are aware that Callum Brittain played in his original position of central midfield, I take it?

Who is the seventh?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:41 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
John N wrote:

You are aware that Callum Brittain played in his original position of central midfield, I take it?

Who is the seventh?

Who’s the sixth?

In fact, we played three centre backs and wing backs, I’d say who were the fourth and fifth? ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:47 pm 

Cisse has played central defence, Callum is mainly a defender that, plus the three CBs and two wing backs makes seven.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:53 pm 

John N wrote:
Cisse has played central defence, Callum is mainly a defender that, plus the three CBs and two wing backs makes seven.

I bet Ugbo played some games in defence when he was a schoolboy. That makes eight.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:33 pm 

dons50 wrote:
John N wrote:

I bet Ugbo played some games in defence when he was a schoolboy. That makes eight.

Technically, Lee 'defends the goal' so is that now nine? :?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:01 pm 

Back to the OP about one shot on target. We did seem to have an awful lot of corners. Which to me means that they were getting a lot of blocks in. Which indicates that they had numbers behind the ball, and were putting a lot of bodies back defending. So would that mean that, at times at least, we were attacking with a decent amount of strength but just couldn't break them down? Surely just looking at that one SoT stat can be misleading?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:55 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
dons50 wrote:
John N wrote:

Technically, Lee 'defends the goal' so is that now nine? :?

Perhaps should add Agard to the list of defenders as he seems to be quite good at playing alongside our opponents defenders to ensure no shots on target :twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next