THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:16 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: One shot on target
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:52 am 

dons50 wrote:
Why curious? We had lost five in a row and we were playing away from home.

In reality, we had so many players out, we had few other options.

But we had Rasulo and two young strikers on the bench. We could have tried them in the last period of play. We were playing the bottom club in the division. If we weren't prepared to give it a go against them then who would we be prepared to have a go at?

I'm not saying these alternatives are world beaters, mind you. But it would have been showing willing, at least. A point is better than none I suppose but we need wins.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:35 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
John N wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Why curious? We had lost five in a row and we were playing away from home.

In reality, we had so many players out, we had few other options.

But we had Rasulo and two young strikers on the bench. We could have tried them in the last period of play. We were playing the bottom club in the division. If we weren't prepared to give it a go against them then who would we be prepared to have a go at?

I'm not saying these alternatives are world beaters, mind you. But it would have been showing willing, at least. A point is better than none I suppose but we need wins.

Bertie cautiously sticks his head out of his shell, like a diffident tortoise in a thunderstorm, to say that he can see some validity in both arguments. A draw does end our run of defeats, and we have got a lot of attacking injuries, but if Rasulo and Thomas-Asante weren't even going to be used then, with our lack of options, then we might as well have loaned then out. If we kept them for numbers, then we should have brought in another striker instead of Golbourne. Injuries to Sow and Aneke were predictable.
And we did end the game with 7 defensive players on the pitch. Not a back 7 of course, but two defensive minded CM's to go with 3 CB's and full-backs playing as wing-backs. I'm not criticising Dan, as it can be argued either way as to whether it was the right or wrong thing to do, but it happened.
Anyway, Bertie's going to withdraw back into his shell and try to resume his self-exiled hibernation.

Don’t do that Bertie.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:09 pm 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... APL Champion 2017/18 Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 19/20
SG19 Cowshed Das Boot wrote:
Sausage wrote:
SwanDonOne wrote:
CashCow wrote:
I take it all back, things were better under Neilson.
One shot on target for a team desperately in need of points..... it a total embarrassment.
We deserve to go down.
But we were away (to the club second bottom of the league) :cry:

They were bottom until they played us.
But a point is a point. Another 19 draws against bottom of the table teams and we’ll hit the magical 50 point mark.

Genuine lol... :lol:

Only another 18 draws against bottom of the table teams required to hit the magical 50 point mark now... :D

21/22 26 11 _9 89 LM 3rd

05/06 12 14 20 50 DW 22nd R
22/23 11 12 23 45 lm/MJ 21st R
17/18 11 12 23 45 rn/DM 23rd R
15/16 _9 12 25 39 KR 23rd R

LS: A rocky start, that's all it is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6