THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:28 pm 

Just picked this up on Twitter from a Bristol Rovers Fan.......thoughts anyone ?

“ Everywhere we are being told it’s dangerous to travel yet this game is still going ahead. You are putting hundreds if not thousands of lives at risk all for what? Your league position. Football without fans is nothing and if your self centred selves don’t see that then liquidate “.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:30 pm 

He's right. I've been out all morning, since 7, MK is a bloody nightmare. And it's just started snowing again.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:33 pm 

Can't help but agree. Everywhere there is advice not to travel and football clubs up and down the country are encouraging it.

The league should just say there are no games to be played this weekend, no-one gains an advantage.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:34 pm 

Gers wrote:
He's right. I've been out all morning, since 7, MK is a bloody nightmare. And it's just started snowing again.

I would argue then, there is little point in undersoil heating, not disagreeing with you, just a thought.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:44 pm 

I'd been very surprised if the game goes ahead especially as forecast in MK later today is another 3-4 inches. The decision will probably focus on the stadium and surrounding area but ignores those who have to travel from afar.

Meant to go to Genting Arena last night to see stereophonics, which went ahead despite all the advice from authorities. Seems to have caused plenty of backlash in Birmingham for this decision.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:46 pm 

WellDon wrote:
Gers wrote:

I would argue then, there is little point in undersoil heating, not disagreeing with you, just a thought.

The pitch may be perfectly playable, but the roads around the stadium are only forecast to get worst overnight.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:50 pm 

Gers wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Gers wrote:

The pitch may be perfectly playable, but the roads around the stadium are only forecast to get worst overnight.

So there is no point in undersoil heating .......yes ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:52 pm 

I guess you are dammed if you do and dammed if you don't!

The weather is "forecast" its not actually happened yet my app is saying there will rain tomorrow morning and temps up to 3-4, it could chuck it down with rain tonight and all the roads are clear by the morning and if the club had called it off plenty of people would be moaning that they should not have called it off.

I am looking forward to the game and want to go so glad they are seeing how it goes rather than just calling it off.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:10 pm 
If the concern is the safety of fans in and around the stadium, as well as fans travelling on roads to the game, then surely that would apply to all Premier League games too who have undersoil heating like we do?

Currently all Prem games are still on for tommorow, with lots of fans travelling much further for their games than Bristol -> MK (110 miles). E.g. West Ham fans travelling to Swansea (230 miles) and Huddersfield fans travelling to Wembley to play Spurs (190 miles).

Don't think we should give into the pressure to call a game off just because the club plays in a lower league and all the other games in the league get called off, as like WD said, whats the point in undersoil heating?

I do think the club will give in though and the game will be off, but it shouldn't be.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:25 pm 

Far safer all round, it’s a football match that can be played on another day, really not worth the expense of switching on the under soil heating and snow clearing labour. The safety aspect should be the priority. Regarding the point of under soil heating I suppose is for less severe conditions. The more people that go out and get into difficulties the more the emergency services have to do. Should be called off and now before people travel.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next