THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:43 pm 

leodon wrote:
Here is the BBC cost comparisons from last year.
We would compare favourably with other League 2 clubs unless you pay for the lukewarm cup of free tea in Club Red.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41482931

So there are at the moment, this season only 2 clubs that are higher than us and a handful that are around the same?

Hmmm, I don't see the point you are making, but then I am sleep deprived so forgive me if I am missing something here.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:49 pm 
Russybcool wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
WellDon wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
RedDotDon wrote:
Will be interested to see comparable League Two club’s prices.

According to this article for this season in League Two, we would be one of the cheapest season tickets available..

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport ... s-12953177

Really don't see how anybody can moan about our season ticket prices, by L1/L2 standards they are bloody generous, especially given our stadium/seats/facilities compared to other stadiums.

That’s right....if we’re going to watch shite football, we should be grateful that we are watching it from comfy seats.
It’s always a defining factor when I treat Mrs WellDon to a meal out, if the food is crap I always console her with the info that the restraunt seating is comfortable, that usually appeases her.

I bet if someone offered you our padded stadium seats for a £50 premium on their season ticket across the season instead of a crappy wooden/plastic seat, quite a few would take it. Works out to around £2.17 a game.

I don't care what I would sit on. Could put my ass on an upturned milk crate, if the entertainment is poor who cares about the seat?

Me either, just saying that others would pay a small premium for it if you're there week in week out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:27 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
leodon wrote:
We would compare favourably with other League 2 clubs unless you pay for the lukewarm cup of free tea in Club Red.

So there are at the moment, this season only 2 clubs that are higher than us and a handful that are around the same?

Hmmm, I don't see the point you are making, but then I am sleep deprived so forgive me if I am missing something here.

Not making any point.
Was responding to an earlier post that said it would be interesting to see how our prices compare.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:36 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:
As long as the budget remains pretty much the same I have no issue with the lack of extra incentive to renew. The biggest thing for me is having the money to hold on to the better players and not have to go round either having a fire sale or a burst of mutual terminations, which could lead to two more seasons of rebuilding.

What better players? (Chuks accepted)

I will pay based on the hope this will lead to a root and branch Mick Quiche clear out.

In all honesty I really don't think we have a bad group of players. The problem we have is currently psychological IMO, caused by alleged bad man management and poor tactics by the previous incumbent of the Managers office. So Brittain, Gilbey, Chuks, Wootton (despite his critics he's a very good league one defender), Pawlett, Muirhead, Upson, McGrandles, Walsh and Agard (7 goals when he's either not been starter or just hasn't had any service is no mean feat.). Sow could potentially be in the list, but he's just not played enough to make a proper judgement of. Most of the players I've listed have had periods where they look like very good players, and IMO with the right coaching and system will become more consistent. I'd also add Tilney to that list but obviously he may have become shite.

Have to disagree. I think we have one or two good Championship level players (Aneke, Gilbey), a couple of top end L1 players (Walsh, Agard), and one or two with potential that are worth keeping to see how they develop (McGrandles, Nesbitt, Brittain, Tilney, Nombe). The rest are mediocre L1 players who wouldn't get into any of the top sides in this league. Our squad is bottom half L1 standard.

We'll have to agree to disagree regarding Wootton. However as far as the highlighted bit is concerned, nearly all the teams in League one are made up of bang average league one players, it doesn't mean we can't sprinkle them with the better players by keeping Gilbey, Aneke, Agard and Walsh fit and hopefully getting the best out of the younger prospects. I honestly believe with a slightly more clued up manager from the summer, we'd be nowhere near the bottom 7 with this squad. Even in our promotion year, would Kay for instance have featured in many peoples team of the year at CB in lge one or Cole, Powell, Bowditch or Green? And even a player I used to get all moist over like Potter was found lacking in the Championship. Most of our squad is good enough to make a tilt at the play offs , and at league 2 with the extra auto place we should be relatively confident of going straight back up with them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:43 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
leodon wrote:

Interesting list.
It's surprising really how little difference there is between some clubs all the way down to the National League. I know some of its a North-South thing, but there's some cheaper season tickets in the PL than in the National League.
The list also shows that there isn't much of a difference between league one and league two prices.
One final thing I noticed was how cheap the Women's tickets are (season ticket for £40-60), and yet their average attendance in the top division is just over 1,000, while the mens league two averages over 4,000. There's an oft quoted argument that if you reduce prices then you will get a lot of new fans becoming regulars, but those women figures seem to highlight how difficult it is to convince newcomers to stay, no matter how cheap you make it.
People may turn up for a low cost one-off game, but commiting to becoming a regular fan is different. No wonder clubs just choose to rob their existing fans with extortionate prices.[/quote]

Careful, it sounds like you are implying we rip people off??? The pitch forks are being sharpened by the yokels as we speak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:45 pm 

leodon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
leodon wrote:

Not making any point.
Was responding to an earlier post that said it would be interesting to see how our prices compare.

You said "we would compare favourably with other league 2 clubs" being the 3rd highest ST prices doesn't compare favourably.

So you did make a point.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:06 pm 

On the assumption we are relegated then and we will win more games than this season (and winning games is entertainment) then surely we be getting better value for money compared to this year. So next year's season ticket prices will be fair.

I'll still there next season whatever happens this year.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:31 pm 

MovingOn wrote:
On the assumption we are relegated then and we will win more games than this season (and winning games is entertainment) then surely we be getting better value for money compared to this year. So next year's season ticket prices will be fair.

I don't care if we lose or draw so long as the effort is there. Scunny back in December was one of the best games I have ever see since our promotion season!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:40 pm 

MovingOn wrote:

Just like Chesterfield...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:47 pm 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... APL Champion 2017/18 Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 19/20
Russybcool wrote:
I don't care if we lose or draw so long as the effort is there.
Scunny back in December was one of the best games I have ever seen since our promotion season!

This.
Cracking game away at Scunthorpe, and we created more than enough good chances to thoroughly deserve all three points:

21/22 26 11 _9 89 LM 3rd

05/06 12 14 20 50 DW 22nd R
22/23 11 12 23 45 lm/MJ 21st R
17/18 11 12 23 45 rn/DM 23rd R
15/16 _9 12 25 39 KR 23rd R

LS: A rocky start, that's all it is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next