THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:58 am 

The football is shit
Our league position is shit
We re likely to be L2 next year

BUT ..... this bloody club has got under my skin and I will renew my 3 and still come - which entitles me to a moan now and then haha

it is great to see that out of 16 players in my U15 squad at least 10 now have season tickets these are the future of MK and despite results are still coming - even planning a mass away trip to Sarfend good help us

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:07 am 

Otterspocket wrote:
As long as the budget remains pretty much the same I have no issue with the lack of extra incentive to renew. The biggest thing for me is having the money to hold on to the better players and not have to go round either having a fire sale or a burst of mutual terminations, which could lead to two more seasons of rebuilding.

What better players? (Chuks accepted)

I will pay based on the hope this will lead to a root and branch Mick Quiche clear out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:42 am 

Towcestrian wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:
As long as the budget remains pretty much the same I have no issue with the lack of extra incentive to renew. The biggest thing for me is having the money to hold on to the better players and not have to go round either having a fire sale or a burst of mutual terminations, which could lead to two more seasons of rebuilding.

I will pay based on the hope this will lead to a root and branch Mick Quiche clear out.

In all honesty I really don't think we have a bad group of players. The problem we have is currently psychological IMO, caused by alleged bad man management and poor tactics by the previous incumbent of the Managers office. So Brittain, Gilbey, Chuks, Wootton (despite his critics he's a very good league one defender), Pawlett, Muirhead, Upson, McGrandles, Walsh and Agard (7 goals when he's either not been starter or just hasn't had any service is no mean feat.). Sow could potentially be in the list, but he's just not played enough to make a proper judgement of. Most of the players I've listed have had periods where they look like very good players, and IMO with the right coaching and system will become more consistent. I'd also add Tilney to that list but obviously he may have become shite.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:51 am 
RedDotDon wrote:
Will be interested to see comparable League Two club’s prices.

According to this article for this season in League Two, we would be one of the cheapest season tickets available..

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport ... s-12953177

Really don't see how anybody can moan about our season ticket prices, by L1/L2 standards they are bloody generous, especially given our stadium/seats/facilities compared to other stadiums.

Last edited by FilthyDon on Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:53 am 

TBH you'll be a chav if you don't buy one.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:14 am 

Otterspocket wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:

In all honesty I really don't think we have a bad group of players. The problem we have is currently psychological IMO, caused by alleged bad man management and poor tactics by the previous incumbent of the Managers office. So Brittain, Gilbey, Chuks, Wootton (despite his critics he's a very good league one defender), Pawlett, Muirhead, Upson, McGrandles, Walsh and Agard (7 goals when he's either not been starter or just hasn't had any service is no mean feat.). Sow could potentially be in the list, but he's just not played enough to make a proper judgement of. Most of the players I've listed have had periods where they look like very good players, and IMO with the right coaching and system will become more consistent. I'd also add Tilney to that list but obviously he may have become shite.

I'm with this man. It's in the heads of the players, the management, and even the club, where the problem is.
But given the rise of player power in recent years, I'm not sure how many will want to be here next year, and regardless of contract they will want to leave.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:27 am 
Otterspocket wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:

Have to disagree. I think we have one or two good Championship level players (Aneke, Gilbey), a couple of top end L1 players (Walsh, Agard), and one or two with potential that are worth keeping to see how they develop (McGrandles, Nesbitt, Brittain, Tilney, Nombe). The rest are mediocre L1 players who wouldn't get into any of the top sides in this league. Our squad is bottom half L1 standard.

Really disagree on Wootton. I've watched all of our goals conceded back this season a few times and Wootton has been directly responsible for many of them. Really don't think he's good enough at all and don't think he deserves to have his contract renewed in the summer.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:36 pm 

RedDotDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
The costs of running the club won't be any less in L2.

Are the people complaining about season ticket prices the same ones that complain that the club doesn't spend enough money on players?

Who’s complaining?

I for one am not complaining about the lack of complaining.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:49 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
RedDotDon wrote:
Will be interested to see comparable League Two club’s prices.

According to this article for this season in League Two, we would be one of the cheapest season tickets available..

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport ... s-12953177

Really don't see how anybody can moan about our season ticket prices, by L1/L2 standards they are bloody generous, especially given our stadium/seats/facilities compared to other stadiums.

That’s right....if we’re going to watch shite football, we should be grateful that we are watching it from comfy seats.
It’s always a defining factor when I treat Mrs WellDon to a meal out, if the food is crap I always console her with the info that the restraunt seating is comfortable, that usually appeases her.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:52 pm 

What about free programmes for the season for st holders.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next