THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:36 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
MovingOn wrote:
On the assumption we are relegated then and we will win more games than this season (and winning games is entertainment) then surely we be getting better value for money compared to this year. So next year's season ticket prices will be fair.

I'll still there next season whatever happens this year.

Just like Chesterfield...

Hold on though, and I've seen Chesterfield mentioned before. Their owner suddenly gave up mid-season last season, they went a number of months without paying players.

They are still in the midst of a takeover now. It's not really a sensible comparison.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:10 pm 

Prices frozen in Gold so I don't know how that compares to rest of league two corporate taking in mind the facilities

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:16 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
WellDon wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
RedDotDon wrote:
Will be interested to see comparable League Two club’s prices.

According to this article for this season in League Two, we would be one of the cheapest season tickets available..

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport ... s-12953177

Really don't see how anybody can moan about our season ticket prices, by L1/L2 standards they are bloody generous, especially given our stadium/seats/facilities compared to other stadiums.

That’s right....if we’re going to watch shite football, we should be grateful that we are watching it from comfy seats.
It’s always a defining factor when I treat Mrs WellDon to a meal out, if the food is crap I always console her with the info that the restraunt seating is comfortable, that usually appeases her.

I bet if someone offered you our padded stadium seats for a £50 premium on their season ticket across the season instead of a crappy wooden/plastic seat, quite a few would take it. Works out to around £2.17 a game.

I don't care what I would sit on. Could put my ass on an upturned milk crate, if the entertainment is poor who cares about the seat?

I know what you mean but...wELL PERHAPS YA NOT AS OLD AS SOME OF US! ;)
cHR*ST I WOULDN'T WANT TO SIT ON/IN THAT uncomfortable DUNGHILL OF A PLACE SIXFINGERS EVERY F- WEEK...OR lOnDON rOAD...OR loftus ROAD OR ...NEED I GO on? bl**dy capitals; soz (as the yoof say)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:09 pm 

I'm happy and will be renewing ours - I'm also banking on next season being considerably more enjoyable in L2!

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:20 am 

Oldfarmdons wrote:
I'm happy and will be renewing ours - I'm also banking on next season being considerably more enjoyable in L2!

you seriously believe we will conquer league 2? no chance that crap was touted when we dropped from the championship, bounce straight back and all that garbage, we will struggle in league 2 I can guarantee that, ask the likes of tranmere, torquay, wrexham, hartlepool, chester, orient, slippery slope is what we are on

Post subject: Season Ticket Renewal
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:50 am 

I see that the club along with a supports group (would love to meet them) have agreed to freeze the price of a season ticket next year.

Surely this is bonkers in the likely event that we go down.

I normally back Winkelman, but this seems like a daft decision?! I would have thought they would have slashed prices and tried to almost start again at building up the fan base.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:18 am 

MK Jack wrote:
Oldfarmdons wrote:

you seriously believe we will conquer league 2? no chance that crap was touted when we dropped from the championship, bounce straight back and all that garbage, we will struggle in league 2 I can guarantee that, ask the likes of tranmere, torquay, wrexham, hartlepool, chester, orient, slippery slope is what we are on

Not saying we will romp the league in style, but every single club you mention there Jack has suffered because of financial problems.

We do not have the same problems as these teams. Thank fuck.

We may be down a handful of seasons, but I'm very confident we will not drop out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:22 am 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... APL Champion 2017/18 Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 19/20
CashCow wrote:
Haven’t seen a thread on this yet..... maybe I’m wrong.
I see that the club along with a supports group (would love to meet them) have agreed to freeze the price of a season ticket next year.
I normally back Winkelman, but this seems like a daft decision?! I would have thought they would have slashed prices and tried to almost start again at building up the fan base.

:roll:

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:29 pm
CashCow wrote:
No moaning for 12 months.
Really like the vibe of his new set up
Signed CC

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:44 pm
CashCow wrote:
I take it all back, things were better under Neilson.
One shot on target for a team desperately in need of points..... it a total embarrassment.
We deserve to go down.

;)

21/22 26 11 _9 89 LM 3rd

05/06 12 14 20 50 DW 22nd R
22/23 11 12 23 45 lm/MJ 21st R
17/18 11 12 23 45 rn/DM 23rd R
15/16 _9 12 25 39 KR 23rd R

LS: A rocky start, that's all it is.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:34 am 

CashCow wrote:
Haven’t seen a thread on this yet..... maybe I’m wrong.

The club loses money as it is, if we go down we'll earn less money so why slash prices?

X = cost of ticket

Y = number of tickets sold

If X x Y where X is the frozen price is greater than X x Y where X is the slashed price, then you don't slash prices.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:35 am 

Let's get a general idea on everyone's thoughts with this thread.

I am renewing in CR.

I go with 4 others. 2 are definitely signing up, 1 will probably just keep his direct debit running despite moaning, and the other is unhappy with the price freeze but will probably renew right on the early bird deadline.

To be honest for 3 of them it's the social at our pre-match venue that keeps them coming. Without that I suspect they would have sacked it off by now.

Last edited by Towcestrian on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next