THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The brutal truth
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:07 pm 

RedDotDon wrote:
We might have been a championship team but we were losing every week, in admin and selling our best players, playing in a temporary hockey stadium and trying to build a world class 30K stadium just a couple of years before the 08 crash.

I'd say we're much better off now, despite playing in LG1.

AFC are everything we don't want to be and are FAR behind us in terms of infrastructure and potential.

Why did we want to compare ourselves to them?

More stable than we've ever been but a lot of a the ambitious forecasts of 15 years ago have not materialised and that is what pissed me off about the half hearted stab at the Championship.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:12 pm 

Kingston average 86% of home capacity sold whereas it is 32% for us, with only Blackpool lower on 30.

One of our issues is that despite reasonable crowds, we haven't grown our fanbase in the city enough... over a quarter of a million people here and less than 10k.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league- ... 017/plus/1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:12 pm 

Away support stats

http://the72.co.uk/95607/average-away-a ... team-rank/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:15 pm 
Part of me thinks that League Two will do the club some good. Perhaps not financially, but will "put us in our place" a bit. Traditionally we've always been mid/top third League One. But clearly something hasn't been right for a few years now and we aren't at that level anymore.

Perhaps a step back will do our fanbase and the club some good and 'reset' us. Maybe we got too used to League One and expecting to do well. League Two will be a reality check for the club, that things won't just appear on a plate for us and we will have to work twice as hard.

Hopefully a chance for the recruitment team to reassess their policies too - less reliance on loanees, and more looking at homegrown/experienced players with a view to the longer term.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:16 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Part of me thinks that League Two will do the club some good. Perhaps not financially, but will "put us in our place" a bit. Traditionally we've always been mid/top third League One. But clearly something hasn't been right for a few years now and we aren't at that level anymore.

Perhaps a step back will do our fanbase and the club some good and 'reset' us. Maybe we got too used to League One and expecting to do well. League Two will be a reality check for the club, that things won't just appear on a plate for us and we will have to work twice as hard.

Hopefully a chance for the recruitment team to reassess their policies too - less reliance on loanees, and more looking at homegrown/experienced players with a view to the longer term.

If we have a good season, hopefully some big away turnouts as we chase promotion 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:27 pm 

Gridsy wrote:
RedDotDon wrote:
We might have been a championship team but we were losing every week, in admin and selling our best players, playing in a temporary hockey stadium and trying to build a world class 30K stadium just a couple of years before the 08 crash.

I'd say we're much better off now, despite playing in LG1.

AFC are everything we don't want to be and are FAR behind us in terms of infrastructure and potential.

Why did we want to compare ourselves to them?

More stable than we've ever been but a lot of a the ambitious forecasts of 15 years ago have not materialised and that is what pissed me off about the half hearted stab at the Championship.

I know PW Said that he underestimated the Championship as did Robbo. Bearing in mind this was untested waters for all. I am more pissed off about this season than the Championship season. That season with were a tiddler in a sea of Seas Bass. Yes we didn't recruit well, but when you have the second lowest budget of the whole league you can be hardly forgiven for not staying up.

However, this season is unforgivable. We have had the budget. The players on paper all came with a reputation and we all expected good things from RN due to how he ended the season before. He asset stripped all the good we had and has now left us where we are. This is one bad season that has been brewing for a few seasons now. PW needs to take the blame as if RN was fired before Christmas we might have stood a chance and therefore might not be the FOUR places we are below Wimbledon. They could still go down with us don't you know!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:44 pm 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... APL Champion 2017/18 Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 19/20
keyser soze wrote:
Galverion wrote:
currently a better team than us, and give them respect for that.

No one was disputing that or 'disrespecting' them.
The brutal truth? :lol: Top, top wumming.

Nah, just competent wumming as usual, though it's been obvious for weeks, together with the others on this thread lol...

21/22 26 11 _9 89 LM 3rd

05/06 12 14 20 50 DW 22nd R
22/23 11 12 23 45 lm/MJ 21st R
17/18 11 12 23 45 rn/DM 23rd R
15/16 _9 12 25 39 KR 23rd R

LS: A rocky start, that's all it is.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:53 pm 

SG19 Cowshed Das Boot wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Galverion wrote:

Nah, just competent wumming as usual, though it's been obvious for weeks, together with the others on this thread lol...

Wtf is wumming?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:03 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Galverion wrote:

It is not my intention to be a WUM, mate. I do not see the point in "wumming for wumming's sake" !
I get some ideas and thoughts to share, put it up on TCR, and see where the conversation flows. But no devious intent or anything.

You sound like someone from Momentum, SG 19....and others on here, who like to quickly label others as "WUMs"....a way to shut down debate. And so, for example, if you dare to question the levels of immigration into the UK, people in Momentum and politically-correct people shout you down with "rascism" Or likewise....dare to say you only support traditional marriage, between a man and woman, you get shouted down as "homophobic"

So it is on here....you raise an interesting point, and then some weirdo like SG19 comes along and calls you a "WUM" Shuts down any discussion, and at the same time is rude to fellow TCR members.

If I am going to get accused of being a WUM every time I post on here, I may well leave TCR. Which would be a shame, as I like it on here and most of its members too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:03 pm 

Gridsy wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Galverion wrote:

Wtf is wumming?

It's a deviant sexual practice, involving goats.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next